VS [Bank of America] Amex with 65000* mile bonus

Subscribe
can you transfer VS points to Hilton? (or other hotel chains?)
Quote: can you transfer VS points to Hilton? (or other hotel chains?)
2 HH points:1 VS mile for Hilton, not sure about other hotel programs.
This was a good promo and if you spent $3335 on the card, then you would get right over 55,000 miles (including 2 Athorized Users), so that was a transfer of 110,000 Hilton points. I would encourage people to get over 55k, as you can only transfer in blocks of 5,000 miles. If you have to spend $2,500, may as well get it up o $3,335, remeber you get 1.5 miles for each $1 spent.

Also, you don't need to spend on your Authorized User cards, these cards are exactly the same #, so their system has no idea which card you use. This is just like Chase system, essentially same card. Personally, I don't even bother with AU cards, I get them, put them in a draw and eventually shred them.

Final note, this card is churnable, so at current promo with $1 spend at 20,000 miles + 5,000 miles for 2 AUs, that is still 25,000 miles = 50,000 Hilton points, for a $90 fee, that is pretty great deal to include in your churn schedule, IMHO. You do this three times, pick up 150,000 Hilton points, you got yourself 4 nights at Category 7 hotel for $270 -- not too shabby.

Cheers,

PedroNY
This link is dead now.
It was ok a few days ago (I clicked but postponed the application until today). Well.
Quote: Couldn't seem to find a still-working link until trying the one at TPG:

http://thepointsguy.com/2012/04/6500...omment-page-1/

The one from the special credit card offers thread has long been dead, and the one off of Million Mile Secrets died as of this very morning. Makes me question if this deal is slowly dying?
Quote: This link is dead now.
It was ok a few days ago (I clicked but postponed the application until today). Well.
The link expired on 6/30
Unfortunate. I was going to do this for the Hilton points. Hopefully another offer comes up soon. I may head for the Hawaiian cards next.
Anyone know if you can add someone as an authorized user that already has the card?

My wife and I both just got these.

Thanks!
Quote:
Re: 2 AUs, you need to make 1 purchase on each card to get 5000 bonus points.
Authorized user cards have the exact same card number as the primary, so I am not sure how BofA are even able to differentiate which card is used
I received an email from Flying Club this morning with the 65,000 offer. The details are the same as the version that just died.

Here's the link:

https://www.applyonlinenow.com/USCCa...Q-_-0712#apply
Quote: I received an email from Flying Club this morning with the 65,000 offer. The details are the same as the version that just died.

Here's the link:

Very nice. I'm going to pull the trigger on this one soon.

Cheers.
Quote: I received an email from Flying Club this morning with the 65,000 offer. The details are the same as the version that just died.

Here's the link:

Thanks Noob. Been waiting for this to return.
Do they give instant approval or do you need to call in and they will ask a few questions first?
Thanks.
"Earn up to 5,000 Flying Club bonus miles when you add additional authorized users to your Card"

T & C doesn't mention any bonus points for adding additional authorized users.

What does "up to 5000 bonus miles" equate to? How many additional users do I need to earn the complete 5000 bonus miles?

Do I need to add addtional users at the time of the application or after I receive the card?
Quote: Authorized user cards have the exact same card number as the primary, so I am not sure how BofA are even able to differentiate which card is used
Actually they do.

While this is not specific to this card, but as a general matter, the banks know which card is used. You are unable to view it on your statement, (not always but in most cases) but the internal records know which card is used.

The mag tape stores the AU's name and other identifier. I found this out when AU card was compromised and the bank called. They specifically asked if the AU was traveling (the charges were made in Mexico). They knew it was the AU card being used (a cloned one from info stolen, probably at the doctor's office as that was the only place, only time the AU card was used in 3 months' period.), and all transactions were POS transactions. So right out of bat they knew it was a cloned card once they verified the AU did not leave home and the card was in our possession.
thanks noob!^
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  15