Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

VS [Bank of America] Amex with 65000* mile bonus

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VS [Bank of America] Amex with 65000* mile bonus

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2012, 8:37 am

Programs: A few
i managed to transfer most of my vs points to hilton at 1:2 so this can also be seen as a 90k sign up offer for hilton with 2.5k spend
Old Jan 14, 2012, 10:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Any VS regulars here? Looks like if my wife and I each take this deal, I could get a UC one-way award (SFO-LHR) for 50k miles and have my wife get the same award in my name using 50K from her account. $180 and a little spending to get an Upper Class roundtrip? Sounds really good!
Old Jan 14, 2012, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by dhuey
Any VS regulars here? Looks like if my wife and I each take this deal, I could get a UC one-way award (SFO-LHR) for 50k miles and have my wife get the same award in my name using 50K from her account. $180 and a little spending to get an Upper Class roundtrip? Sounds really good!
You are forgetting that VS charges substantial YQ on reward redemptions. Nearly $1000 on a SFO-LHR round trip in UC, for example. It is still not bad if you live in a VS destination abut just to be aware
Old Jan 14, 2012, 2:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by ma91pmh
You are forgetting that VS charges substantial YQ on reward redemptions. Nearly $1000 on a SFO-LHR round trip in UC, for example. It is still not bad if you live in a VS destination abut just to be aware
Wow. That does change it quite a bit. Still, $1,200 or so would be a great price for a roundtrip in Upper Class. My wife could use her miles to get me a one-way ticket in my name, right?
Old Jan 14, 2012, 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by dhuey
Wow. That does change it quite a bit. Still, $1,200 or so would be a great price for a roundtrip in Upper Class. My wife could use her miles to get me a one-way ticket in my name, right?
Yes your wife could book a one way for you
Old Jan 14, 2012, 6:37 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, UA 2P
How good is their miles program. I am sort of leary of foreign FFPs after learning the ins and outs of BA. Specifically how bad is their YQ, on BA it is really not worth using it for an economy ticket
Old Jan 14, 2012, 7:09 pm

Originally Posted by millsdale
How good is their miles program. I am sort of leary of foreign FFPs after learning the ins and outs of BA. Specifically how bad is their YQ, on BA it is really not worth using it for an economy ticket
It is similar to BA. Other uses are converting to Hilton at good rate or Hawaiian internal flights
Old Feb 17, 2012, 7:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: AMEX Plat, AA EXP, DL Diamond Medallion, US, B6, SPG Gold,Marriott Gold,Hilton Gold,Starbucks Gold
Any VA offer out there with a working link? I found 3 different VA threads but no working links .

Cheers,
krpjr
Old Feb 17, 2012, 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by krpjr
Any VA offer out there with a working link? I found 3 different VA threads but no working links .

Cheers,
krpjr
Assuming you mean VS, try the link in post #25 of this thread.
Old Mar 4, 2012, 12:17 pm

Just figure I'd report back here that I got all the points under this offer and managed to transfer them at 1:2 to Hilton

In addition I have had the card for over a year now, and managed to get the annual fee waived upon renewal

Was sent an offer to get a bonus of 2,500 for $200 spend on airline , hotel or dining. Took advantage of that too

Been an ok card, going to try and churn it now
Old Mar 4, 2012, 12:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
Originally Posted by ma91pmh
Just figure I'd report back here that I got all the points under this offer and managed to transfer them at 1:2 to Hilton

In addition I have had the card for over a year now, and managed to get the annual fee waived upon renewal

---------------
How exactly does one get the annual fee waived? I will like to do the same. Please let me know.
Old Mar 4, 2012, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by gv111
How exactly does one get the annual fee waived? I will like to do the same. Please let me know.
I just called customer service using the number on the back of the card. Had to do it twice. First time said no and tried to sell me a balance transfer. Second time said I wanted to cancel the card unless they could waive it (this was after it had been charged). After twiddling about with computer they were able to do so. Note this is for the second year of the card. I do not know of anyone having the first year fee waived
Old Apr 23, 2012, 9:56 pm

How long to wait after closing before re-applying? Thanks...
Old Apr 24, 2012, 4:26 pm

Programs: Lotz
Originally Posted by Zhaunk
How long to wait after closing before re-applying? Thanks...
With BofA 90 days since the previous identical card was applied for is the rule. I didn't make it, FTG did and I follow.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 10:33 pm

Originally Posted by tassojunior
With BofA 90 days since the previous identical card was applied for is the rule. I didn't make it, FTG did and I follow.
many thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.