Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 10, 2013, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MDtR-Chicago
For questions on NEW applications for US Airways cards please use this thread:
USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K Bonus; AF not waived

Official: 10k annual bonus for existing cardholders will continue beyond 2014

Note: All links are expired

Related threads:
US Airways CC / Companion Certificates discussion thread
Barclays Retention Offers
Forced conversion to Aadvantage Mastercard

We will leave this thread open for questions from existing cardholders who applied using offers with the perpetual annual 10k bonus. Otherwise, please post on the ongoing thread on standard offers:
Current Offers: USAirways cards with no annual mileage bonus

Current Links:
30k + 10k anniversary + no annual fee for the first year (now says "Offer expired"); terms and conditions include offer specifics
[NOTE: Barclays is erratically enforcing the restriction "for Preferred members only," especially for those who leave off a membership number on the application. See recent experiences reported in the thread.]

There is a separate thread for a 40k+10k offer with $89 annual fee, no anniversary bonus: USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K BT Bonus; AF not waived

Expired Links:
30k at signup, 10k anniversary bonus, 10k with balance transfer, no fee first year - Landing Page (Ended 4/30/14)
Older 35K Link (older link not working)
Newer 35K Link (click on terms and conditions to see 35K bonus after first purchase, first year fee waived, and 10K anniversary bonus)

1) I applied for this card but got the message
We apologize for the inconvenience, but our website is experiencing technical issues.
Please contact us at 1-866-419-6437 or try again later.
What does this mean? What should I do?

Check your application status by visiting http://www.myapplicationstatus.com/

At Barclays, if you already have an online account, the card can also show up there before you get a notification from them. Obviously, that won't work if you don't yet have an online Barclays account from another card. But if it's not your first US card, you presumably do have an online account already.

2) What's the reconsideration line number?

866-408-4064. Only open M>F, 8am>5pm, Eastern.

3) How long after my first purchase does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles for the first-purchase bonus post with the statement showing the initial purchase.

4) For those people who got the targeted offer, how long after spending $750 in each of the 3 months does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles posts two months after the end of the promotion period. For example, if your promo was to spend in June, July and August, the 15k bonus would post with October statement.

5) How can I get the anniversary 10K bonus points without paying the annual fee?

The annual bonus posts on the statement date of the month of anniversary. No need to "kick out" a statement. But if you are worried, you can put a few bucks on the card during that cycle thus generate a statement but it is NOT necessary.

AF is billed the last business day of the month of the anniversary (much better than Chase practice which is on the 1st day of the month). You have 60 days to cancel the card for the AF to be reversed. You also can use SM to cancel card and no need to call.

Note: I called to cancel the card (June, 2014), told them it was because the AF was too high, and they waived it. Still got the 10,000 points and the Companion Certs!!
Print Wikipost

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2014, 2:20 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by italdesign
I was rejected without a hard pull. This would mean they rejected me before even considering util ratio, FICO, etc, right? From this I can only conclude the rejection was based on their detection of my existing card #1 but had nothing to do with my credit profile.
Originally Posted by Happy
Have you actually checked your credit report to verify this is true?
It's been a month and no hard pull has been reported to CreditKarma (proxy for TU, which is the bureau Barclay pulls here).

For completeness, I also checked CreditSesame; no pull there as expected.

This continues to suggest my denial was not due to my credit profile but based on their detection of my existing account.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 2:44 pm

Programs: Hilton Cubic Zirconia, Marriott Fools Gold
Originally Posted by arrek
Is there anyone who has 2 US Airways cards and has spent $25k on each? Did you earn 20K PQMs?
Originally Posted by skitch23
I hope so. I'm about $5k thru on card #2... it will take me a while tho since I have a ridiculously low limit on this one. I know I read on here somewhere (might have been in the US forum) that someone was successful last year or the year before, so I'm hoping the rules are still the same. 20k PQM will be worth my trouble
Here's the thread I was thinking of... http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-ai...edit-card.html
Old Apr 23, 2014, 2:54 pm
Used to be ' simz '

Programs: Does it matter..??? It doesn't matter to them
Originally Posted by roneyc
I don't use this card much, but this offer may help boost AA miles once merged:

What a rewarding way to start the season! From April 1 through June 30, 2014, you'll earn 2 bonus miles for every $1 you spend—up to 2,500 bonus milesą—when you use your US Airways Dividend Miles® MasterCard® for gas station purchases, restaurant (including fast food) purchases and home improvement store purchases.

Received email 2 weeks ago - requires registration through link.
is it targeted ? or can anyone use that ??
Old Apr 23, 2014, 3:00 pm

Programs: UA*G, TK*G, Priority Club Platinum
I just applied and was not approved. It was my first application for a barclaycard. A minute later, I did get approved for 50k Amex MB Platinum and 50k Citi AA. It's weird. I have very good credit and you would think barclays would like to have my business but maybe they don't.

Do you guys think it's worth giving the reconsideration line a try tomorrow? Any particular thing I could mention?
Old Apr 23, 2014, 3:12 pm

So I just called the recon line on the US airlines personal card app and was denied because I still have a US airlines card with them that is active. Should I try calling back again to get a different person or close my current active account and then call back?
TIA
Old Apr 23, 2014, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by Flyfromscratch
is it targeted ? or can anyone use that ??
Pasted the URL into Word and it contains my account name and last 4 digits so it is targeted. I only did the minimum spend about 8 months ago and nothing since. Spouse's card is only 2 months old - no offer for him yet. Neither of us ever received the 3-month min spend targeted offer.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 5:49 pm

Lesser Card?

My girlfriend recently applied for the USAir World MC, and was approved after calling in the next day. Problem is, at no point did they tell her that she was only approved for the Platnium version.

Is this the usual practice? Her credit is around 720, and I was thinking we would just wait 6 months and churn, but can you ever call in and ask them directly that you really only wanted World MC?

Thanks!
Old Apr 23, 2014, 9:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by roneyc
I don't use this card much, but this offer may help boost AA miles once merged:

What a rewarding way to start the season! From April 1 through June 30, 2014, you'll earn 2 bonus miles for every $1 you spend—up to 2,500 bonus milesą—when you use your US Airways Dividend Miles® MasterCard® for gas station purchases, restaurant (including fast food) purchases and home improvement store purchases.

Received email 2 weeks ago - requires registration through link.
It is only 2500 miles in total, hardly makes much of a difference.

On top of that, it takes 2 months after the promotion period finished before you see that 2500 miles posted.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by italdesign
It's been a month and no hard pull has been reported to CreditKarma (proxy for TU, which is the bureau Barclay pulls here).

For completeness, I also checked CreditSesame; no pull there as expected.

This continues to suggest my denial was not due to my credit profile but based on their detection of my existing account.
Then unfortunately you have bad luck with this card.

Many people have their existing cards and use their general member USDM numbers and received instant approvals.

We have had 4 cards since Aug 2012. Except card no.1 of course, all subsequent cards were applied when the previous card was still open. All applications had USDM general member numbers. All applications were instantly approved. All cards received bonuses, including the latest 30K, posted on April 5 and 22 respectively.

Therefore, our experiences can only conclude that having existing accounts does not matter, being general members also does not matter. Being lucky though, definitely matters.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 4:17 am

On top of that, it takes 2 months after the promotion period finished before you see that 2500 miles posted.
Or in my case 3 months, numerous phone calls, 2 case numbers and various agents.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 4:31 am
Formerly known as FTRox87

Programs: AA/US 1M, AS, BA, CX, EK, EY, JL, KE, LH, NH, OS, QF, QR, TG, UA/CO | *$G
Originally Posted by flyerwanabe1
When I applied for the two US dividend cards at the same time...
how did you manage that, I mean getting approved for both at the same time? reading this thread, there's somewhat of a consensus or atleast a guideline to one card every 3-6 months (atleast between apps.)
Old Apr 24, 2014, 10:59 am

Programs: LFFRS BOD
IN my experience and husband's his latest denial had to do with number of credit cards recently opened or as one agent stated last 12 mos .
So our FICO score is in the 800's , usage 2% or less and still being denied only approved via a recon call says it all.
Last conversation I had with agent about my husband's account was that he was denied instant approval since he was recently denied in Jan.
So they keep tabs as to how many times you apply, only with a recon call and moving CL over from his World Arrival did they approve and this was for the $89 fee one.. we were both denied for trying to get a second card with the AF waived first year.
So both he and I canceled that one in Feb then his in March.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by YoungBubbie
Or in my case 3 months, numerous phone calls, 2 case numbers and various agents.
Exactly why we could not care less for such promotions - we got that 2500 miles on 50% of our cards, but after the first experience on such, we dont bother to do it any more.

The 15K $750+ spend for 3 consecutive months though, is worth the effort, and it does not seem to take follow up to get it, but still is 2 months AFTER the promotion period ended before you would see the bonus.

However one thing Barclays is good at, is the posting the annual bonus on time, right on your anniversary statement closing date and before the AF being billed at the end of the month. (as versus Chase bills on the 1st of the month).
Old Apr 24, 2014, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FTRox87
how did you manage that, I mean getting approved for both at the same time? reading this thread, there's somewhat of a consensus or atleast a guideline to one card every 3-6 months (atleast between apps.)
Using 2 browsers from different programs in private browsing mode, a person I know, was successful in getting both the Personal and the Biz version instantly approved literally SECONDS apart.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 2:18 pm

Programs: US; AA; UA; Hilton Gold; Club Carlson Gold; IHG Platinum;
Rejection

Used 30K + 10k link this morning and was rejected right away. Provided my DM number on application. Rejection came back immediately, so there wasn't even an attempt to pull my credit. I expect getting a letter stating that I am not preferred member.

I am wondering if anyone who was rejected also attempted to submit another application on the same day using "40K + AF not waived" link?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.