Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 10, 2013, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MDtR-Chicago
For questions on NEW applications for US Airways cards please use this thread:
USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K Bonus; AF not waived

Official: 10k annual bonus for existing cardholders will continue beyond 2014

Note: All links are expired

Related threads:
US Airways CC / Companion Certificates discussion thread
Barclays Retention Offers
Forced conversion to Aadvantage Mastercard

We will leave this thread open for questions from existing cardholders who applied using offers with the perpetual annual 10k bonus. Otherwise, please post on the ongoing thread on standard offers:
Current Offers: USAirways cards with no annual mileage bonus

Current Links:
30k + 10k anniversary + no annual fee for the first year (now says "Offer expired"); terms and conditions include offer specifics
[NOTE: Barclays is erratically enforcing the restriction "for Preferred members only," especially for those who leave off a membership number on the application. See recent experiences reported in the thread.]

There is a separate thread for a 40k+10k offer with $89 annual fee, no anniversary bonus: USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K BT Bonus; AF not waived

Expired Links:
30k at signup, 10k anniversary bonus, 10k with balance transfer, no fee first year - Landing Page (Ended 4/30/14)
Older 35K Link (older link not working)
Newer 35K Link (click on terms and conditions to see 35K bonus after first purchase, first year fee waived, and 10K anniversary bonus)

1) I applied for this card but got the message
We apologize for the inconvenience, but our website is experiencing technical issues.
Please contact us at 1-866-419-6437 or try again later.
What does this mean? What should I do?

Check your application status by visiting http://www.myapplicationstatus.com/

At Barclays, if you already have an online account, the card can also show up there before you get a notification from them. Obviously, that won't work if you don't yet have an online Barclays account from another card. But if it's not your first US card, you presumably do have an online account already.

2) What's the reconsideration line number?

866-408-4064. Only open M>F, 8am>5pm, Eastern.

3) How long after my first purchase does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles for the first-purchase bonus post with the statement showing the initial purchase.

4) For those people who got the targeted offer, how long after spending $750 in each of the 3 months does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles posts two months after the end of the promotion period. For example, if your promo was to spend in June, July and August, the 15k bonus would post with October statement.

5) How can I get the anniversary 10K bonus points without paying the annual fee?

The annual bonus posts on the statement date of the month of anniversary. No need to "kick out" a statement. But if you are worried, you can put a few bucks on the card during that cycle thus generate a statement but it is NOT necessary.

AF is billed the last business day of the month of the anniversary (much better than Chase practice which is on the 1st day of the month). You have 60 days to cancel the card for the AF to be reversed. You also can use SM to cancel card and no need to call.

Note: I called to cancel the card (June, 2014), told them it was because the AF was too high, and they waived it. Still got the 10,000 points and the Companion Certs!!
Print Wikipost

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2014, 4:28 pm

Programs: HH LTD, AA LTG
Originally Posted by esw30
did you put any spend on the card other than the first purchase?
No.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 10:14 pm

Programs: LFFRS BOD
Originally Posted by bribro
I'm not sure if I'm understanding your point here, but if you intend to apply for the US Airways card in order to get waived checked bag fees for a flight later this month, you should know that the baggage fee waiver benefit doesn't go into effect until April 30, 2014.
I know I posted in two threads.. just wanted to explain, yes twofold we have a return flight in May , leaving the 29th so checked luggage fee waiver will be used then also I wanted more miles in his account. It has been very difficult to get a 2nd USair card but he managed today getting the 40k Premier with AF after recon call and dividing up the CL on his World Arrival.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 6:50 pm
Formerly known as FTRox87

Programs: AA/US 1M, AS, BA, CX, EK, EY, JL, KE, LH, NH, OS, QF, QR, TG, UA/CO | *$G
Just curious when applying for this card if the Dividend Miles account name has to match the CC app?

I know this cant be done with AA, perhaps not BA either? Anyways, my brother isnt into this wonderful world of ours at all. He has great credit but doesnt even have a US FF account. I would manage his CC for him assuming we can pool the mileage into one account.

So is that possible?
Old Apr 17, 2014, 7:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FTRox87
Just curious when applying for this card if the Dividend Miles account name has to match the CC app?

I know this cant be done with AA, perhaps not BA either? Anyways, my brother isnt into this wonderful world of ours at all. He has great credit but doesnt even have a US FF account. I would manage his CC for him assuming we can pool the mileage into one account.

So is that possible?
No.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 7:10 pm

Programs: AA/US 1M, AS, BA, CX, EK, EY, JL, KE, LH, NH, OS, QF, QR, TG, UA/CO | *$G
Originally Posted by Happy
No.
No, as in FF and CC names dont have to match... or no, as in cant pool miles with US?
Old Apr 17, 2014, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No, as in FF and CC names dont have to match... or no, as in cant pool miles with US?
The latter.

You would also risk USDM account shut down due to frauds as what you are thinking to do is a violation of T&Cs of the FF program.

BA has long required Chase to send card holder's info for verification first before Chase could even issue a card number.

It seems AA is doing the Ad Hoc verification now and causes a lot of griefs among new card holders.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
The latter.

You would also risk USDM account shut down due to frauds as what you are thinking to do is a violation of T&Cs of the FF program.

BA has long required Chase to send card holder's info for verification first before Chase could even issue a card number.

It seems AA is doing the Ad Hoc verification now and causes a lot of griefs among new card holders.
how is it fraud when fam members wanna pool? anyways, point noted, just thinking out loud.

although I thought this could be done with Chase UR points, pooling of em, that is. not sure about amex MR.

apologize if I'm mistaken.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 7:43 pm

how is it fraud when fam members wanna pool? anyways, point noted, just thinking out loud.

although I thought this could be done with Chase UR points, pooling of em, that is. not sure about amex MR.

Only a few programs allow pooling miles. BA is one of those.

US Air don't allow and far as I know even UR don't really allow unless it's the immediate spouse to transfer UR points, transfer to anyone else will shut down your cards.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 7:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, M life Noir
Because it's against the rules you agreed to when you joined the FF program.

Chase allows you to combine/pool UR points with spouses/domestic partners, but UR points are not FF miles.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by tomcanada22
Only a few programs allow pooling miles. BA is one of those.

US Air don't allow and far as I know even UR don't really allow unless it's the immediate spouse to transfer UR points, transfer to anyone else will shut down your cards.
good to know, thanks! what other programs allow it btw?

Originally Posted by bribro
Because it's against the rules you agreed to when you joined the FF program.

Chase allows you to combine/pool UR points with spouses/domestic partners, but UR points are not FF miles.
I get that, its just that some people tend to throw that word around -- which isnt very conducive to any discussion esp an exploratory one. furthermore, fraud implies something illegal... which this is not, esp given other FFPs allow it.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 6:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Those programs that allow it have a feature to allow and to do it. It's not pooling by using another name on the card. It's pooiing by linking accounts together (at the airline, in the case of BA).

So it's the FFP accounts that are pooled, not the credit card accounts.

The credit card solution for "pooling" (on personal cards) is "authorized user" cards. But of course in those cases it's just one card account but multiple cards in multiple names. (There's a slightly different type of credit card "pooling" that goes on with business accounts, where multiple employees might have cards under the same "master" business account.)
Old Apr 18, 2014, 10:12 am

Just applied for the no fee 30K + 10K anniversary bonus, instant approved for $15K limit. I currently have the same card, applied last May(30k mile for $89 fee) and was instant approved for only $5k limit, used the card only a handful of times since then, small charges only... This is now my 2nd Barclay card. I guess I will cancel the first one next Month.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 11:56 am

Programs: US Airways Gold, Marriott Platinum, SW A List
I applied last week, had to call reconsideration. This is my second US Airways Card open, closed one in 2012.

It was a long call, about 30 minutes. Need to explain why I needed another card, details about all my cards on my Credit Report, my income, but in the end I got the card.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Different programs have different rules.

Most US-based airlines programs do NOT allow pooling of points. You are more than welcome to "Share" your miles but it is not free.

BA is the only Major program often used by folks on this forum, that allows a Household account.

Chase UR program is not a FF program. It is Chase own in-house reward program which allows transfer among SPOUSES and DOMESTIC PARTNERS, not even siblings or parents, strictly speaking. You may want to dig further on the Chase Closure threads about people's accounts got shut down because they violate the UR points transfer rules.

You could transfer the UR pts to other's FF program - the system does not prevent you to do so but if the transferred partners are not Spousal Units, it could be in a gray area as well.

AMEX MR does not allow transfer between MR accounts but can be transferred to other's FF program, similar to Chase UR program.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I get that, its just that some people tend to throw that word around -- which isnt very conducive to any discussion esp an exploratory one. furthermore, fraud implies something illegal... which this is not, esp given other FFPs allow it.
One thing you may want to keep in mind is, Never Generalize Program Rules among different programs. Just when Program A allows certain things, does not mean Program B, C, D, so on so forth, would allows the same things.

It is a very common mistake made by people new to loyalty programs to generalize one program rules that they somewhat know to other programs they have no ideas of. Operating on such false assumption would only against one's benefit. One really needs to understand each program's rules for the programs they intend to use and take advantage of.

In your case, you could have your brother's US account earns a lot of miles, then redeem ticket for yourself from his account - that is perfectly within program rules and does not cost you the fee to transfer miles. Although with US' frequent bonus offer on the miles transferred, many people here happily pay the $0.011 per mile cost to transfer their miles back and forth to take advantage of such bonus - it works as if you are paying for below the international coach ticket price, yet have enough miles to redeem a business class award.

There are a lot of ways to "pool" miles, just not the way you thought.

Fraud is not necessarily against the law, but it is against the program rules and the airlines can shut down your accounts because of such because of the intention is to cheat on the airlines on the ways it allows one to earn the miles.

Last edited by Happy; Apr 18, 2014 at 1:04 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.