Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 10, 2013, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MDtR-Chicago
For questions on NEW applications for US Airways cards please use this thread:
USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K Bonus; AF not waived

Official: 10k annual bonus for existing cardholders will continue beyond 2014

Note: All links are expired

Related threads:
US Airways CC / Companion Certificates discussion thread
Barclays Retention Offers
Forced conversion to Aadvantage Mastercard

We will leave this thread open for questions from existing cardholders who applied using offers with the perpetual annual 10k bonus. Otherwise, please post on the ongoing thread on standard offers:
Current Offers: USAirways cards with no annual mileage bonus

Current Links:
30k + 10k anniversary + no annual fee for the first year (now says "Offer expired"); terms and conditions include offer specifics
[NOTE: Barclays is erratically enforcing the restriction "for Preferred members only," especially for those who leave off a membership number on the application. See recent experiences reported in the thread.]

There is a separate thread for a 40k+10k offer with $89 annual fee, no anniversary bonus: USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K BT Bonus; AF not waived

Expired Links:
30k at signup, 10k anniversary bonus, 10k with balance transfer, no fee first year - Landing Page (Ended 4/30/14)
Older 35K Link (older link not working)
Newer 35K Link (click on terms and conditions to see 35K bonus after first purchase, first year fee waived, and 10K anniversary bonus)

1) I applied for this card but got the message
We apologize for the inconvenience, but our website is experiencing technical issues.
Please contact us at 1-866-419-6437 or try again later.
What does this mean? What should I do?

Check your application status by visiting http://www.myapplicationstatus.com/

At Barclays, if you already have an online account, the card can also show up there before you get a notification from them. Obviously, that won't work if you don't yet have an online Barclays account from another card. But if it's not your first US card, you presumably do have an online account already.

2) What's the reconsideration line number?

866-408-4064. Only open M>F, 8am>5pm, Eastern.

3) How long after my first purchase does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles for the first-purchase bonus post with the statement showing the initial purchase.

4) For those people who got the targeted offer, how long after spending $750 in each of the 3 months does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles posts two months after the end of the promotion period. For example, if your promo was to spend in June, July and August, the 15k bonus would post with October statement.

5) How can I get the anniversary 10K bonus points without paying the annual fee?

The annual bonus posts on the statement date of the month of anniversary. No need to "kick out" a statement. But if you are worried, you can put a few bucks on the card during that cycle thus generate a statement but it is NOT necessary.

AF is billed the last business day of the month of the anniversary (much better than Chase practice which is on the 1st day of the month). You have 60 days to cancel the card for the AF to be reversed. You also can use SM to cancel card and no need to call.

Note: I called to cancel the card (June, 2014), told them it was because the AF was too high, and they waived it. Still got the 10,000 points and the Companion Certs!!
Print Wikipost

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2013, 6:27 pm

Thanks for all the replies. The idea to send a SM to check if my account is linked to the promo is a good idea.
Old Jul 7, 2013, 2:45 pm

Programs: Krisflyer, Asia Miles, Miles and Bonus
Got the card in March 2013. So far, I have not received any bonus offers. Anyone in the same situation? Cheers.
Old Jul 7, 2013, 3:22 pm

Used link in first post, got error message but checked myapplicationstatus.com and approved on all 3 apps.

First 3 apps (different household members) approved on 12/2012; cards still open
Approved again today 7/7/2013 on all 3 apps

Old Jul 7, 2013, 5:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

How long it takes Barclays to issue bonus earnings?

On a card that had 5x bonus offer on Dining and Gas for 3 months ending in June. No bonus ever shows up for those category spends. At least we weren't too keen on that bonus because Freedom has the same 5x on Restaurants. So we only put gas on this card and not a whole lot.

On a card that had the $750+ spend 3 consecutive months 15K miles - the 3rd month statement just closed. Each month spend was met. How long to wait to see the 15K showing up?

Anybody has experiences in the posting time frame of Barclays spend bonus on the US cards?
Old Jul 7, 2013, 5:35 pm

Programs: OZ *G; HH Diamond;
Originally Posted by Happy
On a card that had 5x bonus offer on Dining and Gas for 3 months ending in June. No bonus ever shows up for those category spends. At least we weren't too keen on that bonus because Freedom has the same 5x on Restaurants. So we only put gas on this card and not a whole lot.

On a card that had the $750+ spend 3 consecutive months 15K miles - the 3rd month statement just closed. Each month spend was met. How long to wait to see the 15K showing up?

Anybody has experiences in the posting time frame of Barclays spend bonus on the US cards?
On my card, it was posted on July statement and in my DM account two days after statement close.
Clarify: 15K miles offer.

Last edited by geclub1; Jul 7, 2013 at 7:10 pm
Old Jul 7, 2013, 5:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by geclub1
On my card, it was posted on July statement and in my DM account two days after statement close.
Which you refer to? The 15K? or the Restaurants and Gas?

The 15K offer 3rd month statement closed a couple days ago. The spend miles posted but no 15K.
Old Jul 7, 2013, 7:10 pm

Programs: OZ *G; HH Diamond;
Originally Posted by Happy
Which you refer to? The 15K? or the Restaurants and Gas?

The 15K offer 3rd month statement closed a couple days ago. The spend miles posted but no 15K.

Sorry, I mis-remembered. My 15K offer was for March/April/May. The 15K miles posted after July statement.

Last edited by geclub1; Jul 7, 2013 at 7:35 pm
Old Jul 7, 2013, 7:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bensim
Got the card in March 2013. So far, I have not received any bonus offers. Anyone in the same situation? Cheers.
Yes, just about everyone who's actually used the card some since getting it!

If you read previous posts carefully (they're probably many pages back by this point), you'll see that it's apparently only people who put in the drawer after their first purchase (which was all that was needed for the signup bonus) who got the bonus.

Those who've used it even modestly since then haven't.

Therefore everyone who has or hasn't gotten the bonus should mention how much they've used the card (or not) since that first purchase. That's probably much more relevant that which month you signed up for the card.

I'll start: I haven't gotten the bonus, and I'm sure it's because I've been using the card several times monthly for US Dining (though for nothing else). (I belong to multiple Rewards Network dining programs, and you need a separate credit card for each one, so when I joined US Dining right after getting my US credit card, it seemed natural to use the US credit card for the US Dining program!)

Last edited by sdsearch; Jul 7, 2013 at 8:04 pm
Old Jul 8, 2013, 2:43 am

I used it once to meet spend and put it away. Months went by and then I read all the reports of bonus offers for people who got it the same time as me. Took me a while to figure I had blocked all communication options. I opened them all up and I'm guessing I missed the window as the offer hasn't come.

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Yes, just about everyone who's actually used the card some since getting it!

If you read previous posts carefully (they're probably many pages back by this point), you'll see that it's apparently only people who put in the drawer after their first purchase (which was all that was needed for the signup bonus) who got the bonus.

Those who've used it even modestly since then haven't.

Therefore everyone who has or hasn't gotten the bonus should mention how much they've used the card (or not) since that first purchase. That's probably much more relevant that which month you signed up for the card.

I'll start: I haven't gotten the bonus, and I'm sure it's because I've been using the card several times monthly for US Dining (though for nothing else). (I belong to multiple Rewards Network dining programs, and you need a separate credit card for each one, so when I joined US Dining right after getting my US credit card, it seemed natural to use the US credit card for the US Dining program!)
Old Jul 8, 2013, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by Upgrademe731
Used link in first post, got error message but checked myapplicationstatus.com and approved on all 3 apps.

First 3 apps (different household members) approved on 12/2012; cards still open
Approved again today 7/7/2013 on all 3 apps

May I inquire if the approval is for your 2nd US Air card or have you tried for the 3rd and got approved??
I'm thinking of going for my 3rd card next month (giving it 7 months between last application). My last card was approved in Jan 2013. Wonder what my chances are getting a 3rd card.?? Still have my 2nd card but cancelled my 1st card last year.
Old Jul 8, 2013, 12:57 pm
Suspended

99 days since my last app. Got the bonus. Would like to reapply this July. Thoughts?
Old Jul 8, 2013, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by geclub1

Sorry, I mis-remembered. My 15K offer was for March/April/May. The 15K miles posted after July statement.
Question on the 15k miles offer... mine was for April/May/June and in May's statement I accidentally only had $600 post instead of the $750 to qualify it for the 10k miles offer I got. However, I spent over $1,000 in the month of May, just not on the statement itself. Will this disqualify me? I thought that it was for 3 months, and not just on the statements.

Anyone?
Old Jul 8, 2013, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by cronin85
Question on the 15k miles offer... mine was for April/May/June and in May's statement I accidentally only had $600 post instead of the $750 to qualify it for the 10k miles offer I got. However, I spent over $1,000 in the month of May, just not on the statement itself. Will this disqualify me? I thought that it was for 3 months, and not just on the statements.

Anyone?
Yes. You are correct. The spend requirement is for each calendar month. I had the same case as yours, and I have got my miles already. Mine is from March to May.
Old Jul 8, 2013, 1:19 pm

Programs: AS MVP
Originally Posted by cronin85

Anyone?
Reread your offer. If it's like everyone else's, it says 'more than $750 in each month'. There is no reference to statements, you should be fine.
Old Jul 8, 2013, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by pat_pat_tong
Yes. You are correct. The spend requirement is for each calendar month. I had the same case as yours, and I have got my miles already. Mine is from March to May.
Originally Posted by KennyBSAT
Reread your offer. If it's like everyone else's, it says 'more than $750 in each month'. There is no reference to statements, you should be fine.
I thought so as well, but just wanted to confirm with someone that already had their miles post. Thank you!

@pat_pat_tong When did your miles post for Mar-May offer?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.