Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 10, 2013, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MDtR-Chicago
For questions on NEW applications for US Airways cards please use this thread:
USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K Bonus; AF not waived

Official: 10k annual bonus for existing cardholders will continue beyond 2014

Note: All links are expired

Related threads:
US Airways CC / Companion Certificates discussion thread
Barclays Retention Offers
Forced conversion to Aadvantage Mastercard

We will leave this thread open for questions from existing cardholders who applied using offers with the perpetual annual 10k bonus. Otherwise, please post on the ongoing thread on standard offers:
Current Offers: USAirways cards with no annual mileage bonus

Current Links:
30k + 10k anniversary + no annual fee for the first year (now says "Offer expired"); terms and conditions include offer specifics
[NOTE: Barclays is erratically enforcing the restriction "for Preferred members only," especially for those who leave off a membership number on the application. See recent experiences reported in the thread.]

There is a separate thread for a 40k+10k offer with $89 annual fee, no anniversary bonus: USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K BT Bonus; AF not waived

Expired Links:
30k at signup, 10k anniversary bonus, 10k with balance transfer, no fee first year - Landing Page (Ended 4/30/14)
Older 35K Link (older link not working)
Newer 35K Link (click on terms and conditions to see 35K bonus after first purchase, first year fee waived, and 10K anniversary bonus)

1) I applied for this card but got the message
We apologize for the inconvenience, but our website is experiencing technical issues.
Please contact us at 1-866-419-6437 or try again later.
What does this mean? What should I do?

Check your application status by visiting http://www.myapplicationstatus.com/

At Barclays, if you already have an online account, the card can also show up there before you get a notification from them. Obviously, that won't work if you don't yet have an online Barclays account from another card. But if it's not your first US card, you presumably do have an online account already.

2) What's the reconsideration line number?

866-408-4064. Only open M>F, 8am>5pm, Eastern.

3) How long after my first purchase does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles for the first-purchase bonus post with the statement showing the initial purchase.

4) For those people who got the targeted offer, how long after spending $750 in each of the 3 months does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles posts two months after the end of the promotion period. For example, if your promo was to spend in June, July and August, the 15k bonus would post with October statement.

5) How can I get the anniversary 10K bonus points without paying the annual fee?

The annual bonus posts on the statement date of the month of anniversary. No need to "kick out" a statement. But if you are worried, you can put a few bucks on the card during that cycle thus generate a statement but it is NOT necessary.

AF is billed the last business day of the month of the anniversary (much better than Chase practice which is on the 1st day of the month). You have 60 days to cancel the card for the AF to be reversed. You also can use SM to cancel card and no need to call.

Note: I called to cancel the card (June, 2014), told them it was because the AF was too high, and they waived it. Still got the 10,000 points and the Companion Certs!!
Print Wikipost

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2013, 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by shadow1woman
I noticed in the terms it states you have to use the card once every 6 months or they close the account and you lose your miles. I wonder when the merger will go through and the miles go to American Airlines's program.
You're spreading misinformation by your spectacular misreading of the terms.

It says you MAY have your account closed and lose OUTSTANDING miles EARNED. If you've already gotten the bonus posted to USAir, you can't lose those. And given all you have to do is make a purchase, that shouldn't be a problem for all but the worst procrastinator!
Old Jun 18, 2013, 7:25 pm

Programs: AA, Marriott rewards, United, AA, Delta
No intent to spread misinformation. I was just wondering about that term. Thanks for clearing that up. I am still a bit new to the miles game. I have never seen that statement before, it kinda worried me.
Old Jun 18, 2013, 7:55 pm

Applied for first Barclays card for me, my mom , my dad on 01/07/2013.

Approved for $7500 , $5000, and $2000.
Applied again for all 3 of us on 06/18/2013.
Approved for $5000, $6000, $5000.
Old Jun 18, 2013, 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by superking

Amazing!
Old Jun 19, 2013, 11:12 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, IHG Plat
Just got this email offer:

Earn 15,000 bonus miles when you spend over $750 in new purchases each month in July, August and September.1
If I'm reading this correctly, it means I have to spend $750 every month (so $2250) total. This doesn't seem to be as good as the 1,000 offer
Old Jun 19, 2013, 11:38 am

Programs: Northwest, United
Originally Posted by superking

Interesting info, but need more context to see if this is really "amazing" or just ordinary...

Which cards specifically? Did you (all) get a USAir card then (each) get a second USAir card 6 months later, or did you get one kind of Barclays card (eg USAir card) then get a *different* Barclays card (eg Frontier, Lufthansa, etc.) later?

How many credit cards of any kind have you/they applied for over the past 12 months? This seems to be the key criteria barclays is looking at these days - lots of people getting denied because they have "too many new applications" opened in the past year (or in some cases 2 years)...the exact definition of "too many" is slippery but I'm seeing more than a few people mentioning that when they pressed barclays recon line for the reason they were denied, they said 10-12 new cards over the past year mentioned as the reason for denial (this strikes fear into the hearts of bloggers...).

Thanks for any details you can share.
Old Jun 19, 2013, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by whatmakes

If I'm reading this correctly, it means I have to spend $750 every month (so $2250) total. This doesn't seem to be as good as the 1,000 offer
I just got that too, and had gotten the same offer on my 1st card in Jan/Feb/Mar.
Old Jun 19, 2013, 11:54 am

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, AA EXP, UA Silver, former DL DM

Earn 15,000 bonus miles when you spend over $750 in new purchases each month in July, August and September.1
Originally Posted by dcpilgrim
I just got that too, and had gotten the same offer on my 1st card in Jan/Feb/Mar.
How much spending have you been doing on your cards in the last few months? Do you think you were you targeted for the offer because of low account activity?
Old Jun 19, 2013, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by nwflyboy
Interesting info, but need more context to see if this is really "amazing" or just ordinary...

Which cards specifically? Did you (all) get a USAir card then (each) get a second USAir card 6 months later, or did you get one kind of Barclays card (eg USAir card) then get a *different* Barclays card (eg Frontier, Lufthansa, etc.) later?

How many credit cards of any kind have you/they applied for over the past 12 months? This seems to be the key criteria barclays is looking at these days - lots of people getting denied because they have "too many new applications" opened in the past year (or in some cases 2 years)...the exact definition of "too many" is slippery but I'm seeing more than a few people mentioning that when they pressed barclays recon line for the reason they were denied, they said 10-12 new cards over the past year mentioned as the reason for denial (this strikes fear into the hearts of bloggers...).

Thanks for any details you can share.
That's the only Barclays card we hold, US air 1 and 2.

We all opened 15+ accounts each of us spreading lover Amex, Chase, BoFa, Citi, earning total of 3 million miles 1 million hotel points in the pasy 2.5 years.
Old Jun 19, 2013, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by lamont2718
How much spending have you been doing on your cards in the last few months? Do you think you were you targeted for the offer because of low account activity?
I got the 15k July,August,Sept offer as well and only used my card once for a $7 purchase.
Old Jun 19, 2013, 12:29 pm

Programs: LFFRS BOD

I think the plus of this offer is that you do not have to have a credit check pull especially if you have had many cards opened in the last 6 mos.
Also in conjuction of opening up a second card would be another bonus.

I have yet to get the offer and I opened the card in February, only made one purchase since. Then husband applied in March and received the offer.
I will wait to see if anything comes by the end of June if not I will apply for a second card in July and see what happens. ( will post result)
Old Jun 19, 2013, 1:56 pm

Both cards that I received the offer I made a single ~$5 purchase when the card opened.

First card opened 8/12, rec'd 10/17/12 offer for Nov/Dec/Jan

Second card opened 4/13, rec'd offer 6/19/13 for Jul/Aug/Sep

I think it was low spend driven.
Old Jun 19, 2013, 3:12 pm

Programs: AA BA CO DL UA US
Anyone been approved recently for a 3rd US Airways card?
Old Jun 20, 2013, 9:26 am

Questions:
1. What is the retention offer given by Barclays for this card? Any special number to call and tips on making the most of the call? Have a US Air card coming up for renewal in Aug/Sept

2. If I decide to pay the annual fee and keep the card for few more months and then cancel, do they prorate and refund the annual fee?

Data points:
08/2012 1st US Air card approved for 40k
06/2013 2nd US Air card approved for 35k (while 1st card still open)

* Barclays pulls TU where I have less inquiries (4 in last 12 months, 5 in last 24) compared to a lot more I have on my EX report.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 10:06 am

i just got the offer yesterday too, opened in april, one charge around $5 shortly after i got it, no use after that, until ironically the day before i got the offer. must have already been in the queue for low spend. glad i got the offer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.