Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 10, 2013, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MDtR-Chicago
For questions on NEW applications for US Airways cards please use this thread:
USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K Bonus; AF not waived

Official: 10k annual bonus for existing cardholders will continue beyond 2014

Note: All links are expired

Related threads:
US Airways CC / Companion Certificates discussion thread
Barclays Retention Offers
Forced conversion to Aadvantage Mastercard

We will leave this thread open for questions from existing cardholders who applied using offers with the perpetual annual 10k bonus. Otherwise, please post on the ongoing thread on standard offers:
Current Offers: USAirways cards with no annual mileage bonus

Current Links:
30k + 10k anniversary + no annual fee for the first year (now says "Offer expired"); terms and conditions include offer specifics
[NOTE: Barclays is erratically enforcing the restriction "for Preferred members only," especially for those who leave off a membership number on the application. See recent experiences reported in the thread.]

There is a separate thread for a 40k+10k offer with $89 annual fee, no anniversary bonus: USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K BT Bonus; AF not waived

Expired Links:
30k at signup, 10k anniversary bonus, 10k with balance transfer, no fee first year - Landing Page (Ended 4/30/14)
Older 35K Link (older link not working)
Newer 35K Link (click on terms and conditions to see 35K bonus after first purchase, first year fee waived, and 10K anniversary bonus)

1) I applied for this card but got the message
We apologize for the inconvenience, but our website is experiencing technical issues.
Please contact us at 1-866-419-6437 or try again later.
What does this mean? What should I do?

Check your application status by visiting http://www.myapplicationstatus.com/

At Barclays, if you already have an online account, the card can also show up there before you get a notification from them. Obviously, that won't work if you don't yet have an online Barclays account from another card. But if it's not your first US card, you presumably do have an online account already.

2) What's the reconsideration line number?

866-408-4064. Only open M>F, 8am>5pm, Eastern.

3) How long after my first purchase does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles for the first-purchase bonus post with the statement showing the initial purchase.

4) For those people who got the targeted offer, how long after spending $750 in each of the 3 months does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles posts two months after the end of the promotion period. For example, if your promo was to spend in June, July and August, the 15k bonus would post with October statement.

5) How can I get the anniversary 10K bonus points without paying the annual fee?

The annual bonus posts on the statement date of the month of anniversary. No need to "kick out" a statement. But if you are worried, you can put a few bucks on the card during that cycle thus generate a statement but it is NOT necessary.

AF is billed the last business day of the month of the anniversary (much better than Chase practice which is on the 1st day of the month). You have 60 days to cancel the card for the AF to be reversed. You also can use SM to cancel card and no need to call.

Note: I called to cancel the card (June, 2014), told them it was because the AF was too high, and they waived it. Still got the 10,000 points and the Companion Certs!!
Print Wikipost

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2013, 9:58 pm

Originally Posted by esw30
Happened to just see your posts on the Citi AA thread - so you were able to get the USAir card after applying for the AA personal and business cards a few days before?
Yes that's correct. Doing my first AOR. I went chase united (instant approval), citi A&A biz (deferred), citi AA personal (instant) and Barclays usair (instant). All within about 5 days. Plan to do ink bold next but a bit worried about spend thresholds as I did a couple for my wife too.
Old Apr 10, 2013, 7:29 am
Suspended

Got the card, made a purchase for $13.80. Once the transaction posted, I got 14 points, but no bonus 35k. I assume I have to wait until the statement closes. Odd the 14 points posted immediately, though. I'm used to cards where points post at closing, not as I charge.
Old Apr 10, 2013, 8:03 am

Originally Posted by italdesign
Anyone know the answer to my question?
Best guess, If you got that response, then usually means you already had their card in the past and denied for not being 1st timer.
Old Apr 10, 2013, 11:15 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by pricesquire
Got the card, made a purchase for $13.80. Once the transaction posted, I got 14 points, but no bonus 35k. I assume I have to wait until the statement closes. Odd the 14 points posted immediately, though. I'm used to cards where points post at closing, not as I charge.
Did the 14 points show up on Barclays' website or US Air. They should have shown up on Barclays', which is only showing what you have earned so far. Bonuses are not processed until the end of the month, and after any AFs are paid.
Old Apr 10, 2013, 12:36 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by PainCorp
Did the 14 points show up on Barclays' website or US Air. They should have shown up on Barclays', which is only showing what you have earned so far. Bonuses are not processed until the end of the month, and after any AFs are paid.
Showed up on Barclay's website, not USAir. Question: if I pay off the $13.80 before my statement is ready, i.e., my future statement will read $0.00, will I still get the bonus?
Old Apr 10, 2013, 1:59 pm

Programs: FB Gold (ST E+), Alaska MVP Gold
I currently have two USAir cards.... one activated in October and one in February... and wonder if I should hold them to the anniversary bonus, or if I should cancel them prior to them changing over to Citi.... maybe there is an opportunity to close them and get a few more before the merger, because I would imagine that Citi is gonna clamp down on this and/or come out with their own USAir cards. Because say we hold them through the merger, and that they issue new cards to replace the old...... then technically we'd have already had these cards and wouldn't be eligible to get them again, whereas, if we close them prior to the merger, then technically we can get the cards again. Hmmmm what to do....
Old Apr 10, 2013, 2:48 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by diclemeg
I currently have two USAir cards.... one activated in October and one in February... and wonder if I should hold them to the anniversary bonus, or if I should cancel them prior to them changing over to Citi.... maybe there is an opportunity to close them and get a few more before the merger, because I would imagine that Citi is gonna clamp down on this and/or come out with their own USAir cards. Because say we hold them through the merger, and that they issue new cards to replace the old...... then technically we'd have already had these cards and wouldn't be eligible to get them again, whereas, if we close them prior to the merger, then technically we can get the cards again. Hmmmm what to do....
The merger won't close until the end of the year and even after it usually takes a couple months until they discontinue the credit cards. I would keep them and get anniversary bonus unless you want to churn and close cards before getting approved
Old Apr 10, 2013, 2:48 pm
Suspended

Showed up on Barclay's website, not USAir. Question: if I pay off the $13.80 before my statement is ready, i.e., my future statement will read $0.00, will I still get the bonus?
Yes. Its still spend that you met.
Old Apr 10, 2013, 3:34 pm

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
I have some wierd version of the premier world mastercard, I pay $79yr and get one companion cert of $149. no anniversary miles. I tried to see if I could get them to change me to the $89 version but they had no idea or inclination to figure out what I was talking about. Can I apply for a second card? Do I cancel this one first?
Old Apr 10, 2013, 4:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Those are pending, nothing has posted to your US Airways account yet.
Old Apr 10, 2013, 5:19 pm

Programs: DL PM, SPG Plat
Has anyone ever managed 3 at once? Not that I'd necessarily go for it, but I'm still curious.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 7:01 am
Suspended

Newbie question: I keep seeing comments like "already have one, opened another one, may go for third"--all while keeping the previous cards open & active. When you reapply for a card, and give them your USAir #, don't they say something? Is this just an oversight on Barclay's end?
Old Apr 11, 2013, 8:32 am

Programs: FB Gold (ST E+), Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by businessmachine
The merger won't close until the end of the year and even after it usually takes a couple months until they discontinue the credit cards. I would keep them and get anniversary bonus unless you want to churn and close cards before getting approved
Well here is a thought... my mother inlaw had the Chase Continental card, and when they merged with United, Chase issued here a new card with the United logo on it... then later when she applied for that fantastic 50K United deal, she was rejected for already having the card prior..... and this is the concern of mine here... that if our USAirMC cards arent cancelled and/or purged from the system prior to the merger, then they may automatically issue new cards with the American logo, and then we may not be eligible for that new American marketed cards that will follow. So, in light of this, I wonder what the best moves are right now.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 8:57 am
Suspended

Newbie question: I keep seeing comments like "already have one, opened another one, may go for third"--all while keeping the previous cards open & active. When you reapply for a card, and give them your USAir #, don't they say something? Is this just an oversight on Barclay's end?
If the application gets instantly approved then you're fine. If it gets denied and you need to call recon then you can say that you need the second card for reimbursable expenses. Many just request to close the existing card for the new one.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 8:58 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by FederalFlyer
Has anyone ever managed 3 at once? Not that I'd necessarily go for it, but I'm still curious.
I know someone who applied for 4 cards at once. 3 US AIR and 1 US AIR business and got them all. Pretty incredible if you ask me but I would not count on this happening for everyone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.