Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Old Aug 10, 2013, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MDtR-Chicago
For questions on NEW applications for US Airways cards please use this thread:
USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K Bonus; AF not waived

Official: 10k annual bonus for existing cardholders will continue beyond 2014

Note: All links are expired

Related threads:
US Airways CC / Companion Certificates discussion thread
Barclays Retention Offers
Forced conversion to Aadvantage Mastercard

We will leave this thread open for questions from existing cardholders who applied using offers with the perpetual annual 10k bonus. Otherwise, please post on the ongoing thread on standard offers:
Current Offers: USAirways cards with no annual mileage bonus

Current Links:
30k + 10k anniversary + no annual fee for the first year (now says "Offer expired"); terms and conditions include offer specifics
[NOTE: Barclays is erratically enforcing the restriction "for Preferred members only," especially for those who leave off a membership number on the application. See recent experiences reported in the thread.]

There is a separate thread for a 40k+10k offer with $89 annual fee, no anniversary bonus: USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K BT Bonus; AF not waived

Expired Links:
30k at signup, 10k anniversary bonus, 10k with balance transfer, no fee first year - Landing Page (Ended 4/30/14)
Older 35K Link (older link not working)
Newer 35K Link (click on terms and conditions to see 35K bonus after first purchase, first year fee waived, and 10K anniversary bonus)

1) I applied for this card but got the message
We apologize for the inconvenience, but our website is experiencing technical issues.
Please contact us at 1-866-419-6437 or try again later.
What does this mean? What should I do?

Check your application status by visiting http://www.myapplicationstatus.com/

At Barclays, if you already have an online account, the card can also show up there before you get a notification from them. Obviously, that won't work if you don't yet have an online Barclays account from another card. But if it's not your first US card, you presumably do have an online account already.

2) What's the reconsideration line number?

866-408-4064. Only open M>F, 8am>5pm, Eastern.

3) How long after my first purchase does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles for the first-purchase bonus post with the statement showing the initial purchase.

4) For those people who got the targeted offer, how long after spending $750 in each of the 3 months does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles posts two months after the end of the promotion period. For example, if your promo was to spend in June, July and August, the 15k bonus would post with October statement.

5) How can I get the anniversary 10K bonus points without paying the annual fee?

The annual bonus posts on the statement date of the month of anniversary. No need to "kick out" a statement. But if you are worried, you can put a few bucks on the card during that cycle thus generate a statement but it is NOT necessary.

AF is billed the last business day of the month of the anniversary (much better than Chase practice which is on the 1st day of the month). You have 60 days to cancel the card for the AF to be reversed. You also can use SM to cancel card and no need to call.

Note: I called to cancel the card (June, 2014), told them it was because the AF was too high, and they waived it. Still got the 10,000 points and the Companion Certs!!
Print Wikipost

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Old Apr 1, 2013, 10:09 pm

Originally Posted by brownie20
if the refund hit in march you should be able to make up the difference in march and get your bonus. if the refund happened in feb i would guess you wouldn't be eligible for the bonus. we had the same thing happen to us - item returned during the 3rd month so we just made sure to have a total net spend of $750 that month and we received the bonus w/o any issues.
Yup, I bought the item in February and refund happened in March and I made sure the net spending in March was over $750. Hopefully I won't have any issues getting the 15,000 bonus miles.
Old Apr 1, 2013, 11:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The $89 annual fee just posted on my account, but there's no 10,000 extra miles in my FF account. I just checked, and last year the 10,000 miles didn't post until 6/9/2012, over 2 months AFTER the annual fee posted -- marked as US WORLD CARD: EVERYDAY 50% BONUS. At least I think that was the annual bonus, since I don't remember any other bonus offers at the time, and I didn't use the card for 3 months after paying the fee in May.

That doesn't seem to be the experience of others, since at least one person has mentioned canceling the card after getting the miles, but before the fee was due. For those who have kept the card over a year, what was your experience with the annual bonus?

Edited to add: Never mind, I went back through this thread and this one: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-ai...les-offer.html

Seems it varies a bit. I'll trust that since I got the bonus last year, I will this year, too, and pay the annual fee.

Last edited by PaulMSN; Apr 2, 2013 at 12:23 am
Old Apr 1, 2013, 11:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by PaulMSN
That doesn't seem to be the experience of others, since at least one person has mentioned canceling the card after getting the miles, but before the fee was due. For those who have kept the card over a year, what was your experience with the annual bonus?
I'm starting to think they're batched process by quarter. I haven't really seen a rhyme or reason to when they post except some post a month before, some two months after, so doing it once per quarter is my guess.
Old Apr 2, 2013, 7:38 am

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
I applied for my first card last night, received a congratulatory email this morning - for the US Airways Dividend Miles MasterCard.

It describes MOST of the bennies - but not the 35k miles after first purchase:

Use your US Airways Dividend Miles MasterCard to earn Dividend Miles toward future travel to over 1,000 destinations in over 175 countries with US Airways or with one of 27 Star Alliance partner airlines. Your new card will arrive within the next 7 to 10 business days. Shortly thereafter, you'll receive your Welcome Kit which will contain:

Annual companion certificate redeemable for two $99 companion tickets

One complimentary US Airways Club day pass

$75 US Airways Club membership discount

As a Cardmember, you'll also receive the following benefits:

Redeem award travel for 5,000 less miles - award travel starts at just 20,000 miles for Cardmembers

First Class check-in and Zone 2 Boarding

10,000 of your miles will be converted towards US Airways Preferred Status when you spend $25,000 during the calendar year

Your miles can be combined with miles earned by flying or using one of our 150 partners. Visit usairways.com/getmiles for more details.

No annual mileage cap

Did they approve me for a lower-level card? Shocking, as I have near perfect credit, PLENTY of income - but LOTS of other cards; NEVER happened before.
Old Apr 2, 2013, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by diver858
I applied for my first card last night, received a congratulatory email this morning - for the US Airways Dividend Miles MasterCard.

It describes MOST of the bennies - but not the 35k miles after first purchase:

Use your US Airways Dividend Miles MasterCard to earn Dividend Miles toward future travel to over 1,000 destinations in over 175 countries with US Airways or with one of 27 Star Alliance partner airlines. Your new card will arrive within the next 7 to 10 business days. Shortly thereafter, you'll receive your Welcome Kit which will contain:

Annual companion certificate redeemable for two $99 companion tickets

One complimentary US Airways Club day pass

$75 US Airways Club membership discount

As a Cardmember, you'll also receive the following benefits:

Redeem award travel for 5,000 less miles - award travel starts at just 20,000 miles for Cardmembers

First Class check-in and Zone 2 Boarding

10,000 of your miles will be converted towards US Airways Preferred Status when you spend $25,000 during the calendar year

Your miles can be combined with miles earned by flying or using one of our 150 partners. Visit usairways.com/getmiles for more details.

No annual mileage cap

Did they approve me for a lower-level card? Shocking, as I have near perfect credit, PLENTY of income - but LOTS of other cards; NEVER happened before.
If the email contained a link to create a new online account for this card, do that and once logged in, you should see the offer details under "Rewards" or something to that effect.
Old Apr 2, 2013, 12:27 pm

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
Originally Posted by michael_v
If the email contained a link to create a new online account for this card, do that and once logged in, you should see the offer details under "Rewards" or something to that effect.
I scoured the welcome email and website, could not find mention of Premier status, 35k bonus after first purchase, waived annual fee. I sent a secure message, received a prompt reply confirming all of the above, so I should be good to go.
Old Apr 2, 2013, 3:44 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Platinum
Confirmed upon receipt that I would get the bonus. Hit the spend over a month ago. Still has not posted. Spoke with them again yesterday. FIrst said when next statement closes on 4/4. Then said will expedite the miles. Not in my account as of 430pm CDT
Old Apr 2, 2013, 5:53 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by jmw2323
Confirmed upon receipt that I would get the bonus. Hit the spend over a month ago. Still has not posted. Spoke with them again yesterday. FIrst said when next statement closes on 4/4. Then said will expedite the miles. Not in my account as of 430pm CDT
When did your first statement close?
Old Apr 2, 2013, 7:02 pm

First time applying for this card, instant approval (4/2/13)
Old Apr 2, 2013, 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by PainCorp
When did your first statement close?
march 5
Old Apr 2, 2013, 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by diver858
I scoured the welcome email and website, could not find mention of Premier status, 35k bonus after first purchase, waived annual fee. I sent a secure message, received a prompt reply confirming all of the above, so I should be good to go.

Did you apply using the link in post #1 ?

Thanks
Old Apr 2, 2013, 7:55 pm
Suspended

march 5
When was your purchase? Maybe it hadn't posted yet and was still in pending....
Old Apr 2, 2013, 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by PainCorp
When was your purchase? Maybe it hadn't posted yet and was still in pending....
nope posted 2/21. fee posted 2/28. paid 3/8
Old Apr 2, 2013, 8:49 pm
Suspended

nope posted 2/21. fee posted 2/28. paid 3/8
Your miles shouldn't post until the statement after the fee is paid, at least that's what I'm hoping will happen with my VX card where I'm still waiting on miles from the same time period. I got the miles from the purchase, but not my sign on miles.
Old Apr 3, 2013, 2:44 am

Originally Posted by myhunch
I applied for a US Airays card for the first time ever on Feb 17th using one of the three links (can't remember which one). They could not locate my application for the longest time and finally got a written denial saying that the link that I used was not a current/valid one or some language similar to that. Also, I was informed that there was no credit pull. Applied today using the third link on message #2206 and got a response to say that they need 10 days for a decision. On checking the status on the weblink they provided, both my applications (the one from today and the other from Feb 17th) show up as multiple applications. Has anyone had similar experience? Does calling the recon department help in the matter? By the way, I have excellent credit rating in the low 800's. Any helpful suggestion is appreciated.
Still application status shows it to be under consideration. Not sure of the number to call for the reconsideration line...can someone please help me with this number? TIA.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.