Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 10, 2013, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MDtR-Chicago
For questions on NEW applications for US Airways cards please use this thread:
USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K Bonus; AF not waived

Official: 10k annual bonus for existing cardholders will continue beyond 2014

Note: All links are expired

Related threads:
US Airways CC / Companion Certificates discussion thread
Barclays Retention Offers
Forced conversion to Aadvantage Mastercard

We will leave this thread open for questions from existing cardholders who applied using offers with the perpetual annual 10k bonus. Otherwise, please post on the ongoing thread on standard offers:
Current Offers: USAirways cards with no annual mileage bonus

Current Links:
30k + 10k anniversary + no annual fee for the first year (now says "Offer expired"); terms and conditions include offer specifics
[NOTE: Barclays is erratically enforcing the restriction "for Preferred members only," especially for those who leave off a membership number on the application. See recent experiences reported in the thread.]

There is a separate thread for a 40k+10k offer with $89 annual fee, no anniversary bonus: USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K BT Bonus; AF not waived

Expired Links:
30k at signup, 10k anniversary bonus, 10k with balance transfer, no fee first year - Landing Page (Ended 4/30/14)
Older 35K Link (older link not working)
Newer 35K Link (click on terms and conditions to see 35K bonus after first purchase, first year fee waived, and 10K anniversary bonus)

1) I applied for this card but got the message
We apologize for the inconvenience, but our website is experiencing technical issues.
Please contact us at 1-866-419-6437 or try again later.
What does this mean? What should I do?

Check your application status by visiting http://www.myapplicationstatus.com/

At Barclays, if you already have an online account, the card can also show up there before you get a notification from them. Obviously, that won't work if you don't yet have an online Barclays account from another card. But if it's not your first US card, you presumably do have an online account already.

2) What's the reconsideration line number?

866-408-4064. Only open M>F, 8am>5pm, Eastern.

3) How long after my first purchase does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles for the first-purchase bonus post with the statement showing the initial purchase.

4) For those people who got the targeted offer, how long after spending $750 in each of the 3 months does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles posts two months after the end of the promotion period. For example, if your promo was to spend in June, July and August, the 15k bonus would post with October statement.

5) How can I get the anniversary 10K bonus points without paying the annual fee?

The annual bonus posts on the statement date of the month of anniversary. No need to "kick out" a statement. But if you are worried, you can put a few bucks on the card during that cycle thus generate a statement but it is NOT necessary.

AF is billed the last business day of the month of the anniversary (much better than Chase practice which is on the 1st day of the month). You have 60 days to cancel the card for the AF to be reversed. You also can use SM to cancel card and no need to call.

Note: I called to cancel the card (June, 2014), told them it was because the AF was too high, and they waived it. Still got the 10,000 points and the Companion Certs!!
Print Wikipost

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2013, 6:23 am

Data Points

02/13: Instant approval for 1st Card (40k)
08/13: Instant approval for 2nd card (35k) while 1st still open
08/13: Erroneously cancelled 2nd card when trying to cancel 1st
11/13(91 days after previous application): Application rejected for 3rd card with 1st card still open and 2nd card closed
Old Nov 21, 2013, 8:19 am

Deleted

Last edited by flyer0123; Nov 21, 2013 at 11:01 am
Old Nov 21, 2013, 11:37 am

Forgive me if this has been answered previously, I didn't find the answer after a quick search and didn't want to sort through several years of posts.

Is there any specific criteria for being able to inquire about a second card and hitting the sign up bonus a second time?

I have a card already and have already gotten the bonus (I got it in December of 2011). My fiance got a card at some point in 2013 and has since cancelled the card. I'm wondering what the likelihood is that I could get a bonus again via a 2nd card or her getting a bonus again by signing on for a new card? Is there a specific criteria or threshold to determine this or is it just a case by case basis?

Thanks very much.
Old Nov 21, 2013, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by VLtone
Forgive me if this has been answered previously, I didn't find the answer after a quick search and didn't want to sort through several years of posts.

Is there any specific criteria for being able to inquire about a second card and hitting the sign up bonus a second time?

I have a card already and have already gotten the bonus (I got it in December of 2011). My fiance got a card at some point in 2013 and has since cancelled the card. I'm wondering what the likelihood is that I could get a bonus again via a 2nd card or her getting a bonus again by signing on for a new card? Is there a specific criteria or threshold to determine this or is it just a case by case basis?

Thanks very much.
I would say if your US Air card is closed and you haven't had any Barclay applications in the last 3-6 months, your chances should be pretty good, assuming good credit.
Old Nov 21, 2013, 5:31 pm

Data Point:

1st US Airways Card (Premier, 40K) 02/13, Approved.
2nd US Airways Card (second link, 35K) 11/21, Approved.

Wife
1st US Airways Card (Premier, 40K) 02/13, Approved.
2nd US Airways Card (second link, 35K) 11/21, Application not on file.
Old Nov 21, 2013, 5:32 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by michael_v
I would say if your US Air card is closed and you haven't had any Barclay applications in the last 3-6 months, your chances should be pretty good, assuming good credit.

This card seems to be the most YMMV of them all. I've seen accounts of people getting the bonus twice without having to close the first card. I've also seen people declined when they had closed the previous one over a year before.

I signed up in March. Card is still open. I was going to close it in December then try to get the bonus again in the spring. Now, I think spring may be too late. What are the odds of getting a second bonus with the other card open for six months?
Old Nov 21, 2013, 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by thewhitezone
This card seems to be the most YMMV of them all.
The Club Carlson credit card would win that prize.

Originally Posted by thewhitezone
...try to get the bonus again in the spring. Now, I think spring may be too late. What are the odds of getting a second bonus with the other card open for six months?
I would recommend applying right away.
See this article: http://www.frequentbusinesstraveler....e-month-later/

I would think your chances of getting a second card and bonus would be good.
Old Nov 21, 2013, 8:44 pm

What are people doing with "application not on file"? Some reported having success with a different link several months ago.

Any recent experience???
Old Nov 22, 2013, 8:18 am

Wife and I both had the 15K offer for July August September, which according to wiki should've posted with November statement (it did not). Anyone have it post after 3 months instead, or did you have to call in to get it to post?
Old Nov 22, 2013, 10:14 am

Data point:

US Airways #1 - Approved 10/16/12 (still open)
Lufthansa - Approved 5/7/13
US Airways #2 - Applied 11/20/13 - Pending

I had 0 inquiries and a TU FICO of 786. Called recon and was told that it was Barclays' "policy" not to approve people for two of the same product and the analyst held firm on this. I am going to call recon again later today but, unfortunately, it is not looking good for my second US Airways card.
Old Nov 22, 2013, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by Rodeojones
What are people doing with "application not on file"? Some reported having success with a different link several months ago.

Any recent experience???
Update:

After checking application status and getting "application not on file", wife received an email this morning that she was approved.
Old Nov 22, 2013, 12:10 pm

Data point:

US Airways #1 - Approved 2/25/13 (still open)
US Airways #2 - Applied 11/20/13 - Approved
US Airways Biz - Declined 11/20/13 - Insufficient length of business and enough credit provided to customer
Old Nov 22, 2013, 7:01 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by coffee18
Data point:

US Airways #1 - Approved 2/25/13 (still open)
US Airways #2 - Applied 11/20/13 - Approved
US Airways Biz - Declined 11/20/13 - Insufficient length of business and enough credit provided to customer

Coffee18 - looks like you opened your first one almost same day as me. Seems like it's worth a shot.
Old Nov 22, 2013, 7:17 pm

Had received a mailing to apply for the US Airways Card about a week ago, even though I currently have my first US Airways Card opened back in Feb this year. This offer was only for 30K after first purchase, and another 10K with a balance transfer, but with no anniversary bonus.

Decided then to use the link in the wiki instead to try my luck for a 2nd card with a 35K first purchase bonus (my first card was a 30K bonus, with 10K anniversary bonus). Applied today and got approved with a $7500 credit line, up from my initial first card that had a $1000 credit line.

US Airways Card #1 - 02/13 Approved (still opened, 30K)
US Airways Card #2 - 11/13 Approved (second wiki link, 35K)
Old Nov 22, 2013, 7:49 pm

Both my husband and I

US Air card #1 approved 2/2013. Still open.

US Air card#2 approved 11/2013.

Used link.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.