Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 10, 2013, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MDtR-Chicago
For questions on NEW applications for US Airways cards please use this thread:
USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K Bonus; AF not waived

Official: 10k annual bonus for existing cardholders will continue beyond 2014

Note: All links are expired

Related threads:
US Airways CC / Companion Certificates discussion thread
Barclays Retention Offers
Forced conversion to Aadvantage Mastercard

We will leave this thread open for questions from existing cardholders who applied using offers with the perpetual annual 10k bonus. Otherwise, please post on the ongoing thread on standard offers:
Current Offers: USAirways cards with no annual mileage bonus

Current Links:
30k + 10k anniversary + no annual fee for the first year (now says "Offer expired"); terms and conditions include offer specifics
[NOTE: Barclays is erratically enforcing the restriction "for Preferred members only," especially for those who leave off a membership number on the application. See recent experiences reported in the thread.]

There is a separate thread for a 40k+10k offer with $89 annual fee, no anniversary bonus: USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K BT Bonus; AF not waived

Expired Links:
30k at signup, 10k anniversary bonus, 10k with balance transfer, no fee first year - Landing Page (Ended 4/30/14)
Older 35K Link (older link not working)
Newer 35K Link (click on terms and conditions to see 35K bonus after first purchase, first year fee waived, and 10K anniversary bonus)

1) I applied for this card but got the message
We apologize for the inconvenience, but our website is experiencing technical issues.
Please contact us at 1-866-419-6437 or try again later.
What does this mean? What should I do?

Check your application status by visiting http://www.myapplicationstatus.com/

At Barclays, if you already have an online account, the card can also show up there before you get a notification from them. Obviously, that won't work if you don't yet have an online Barclays account from another card. But if it's not your first US card, you presumably do have an online account already.

2) What's the reconsideration line number?

866-408-4064. Only open M>F, 8am>5pm, Eastern.

3) How long after my first purchase does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles for the first-purchase bonus post with the statement showing the initial purchase.

4) For those people who got the targeted offer, how long after spending $750 in each of the 3 months does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles posts two months after the end of the promotion period. For example, if your promo was to spend in June, July and August, the 15k bonus would post with October statement.

5) How can I get the anniversary 10K bonus points without paying the annual fee?

The annual bonus posts on the statement date of the month of anniversary. No need to "kick out" a statement. But if you are worried, you can put a few bucks on the card during that cycle thus generate a statement but it is NOT necessary.

AF is billed the last business day of the month of the anniversary (much better than Chase practice which is on the 1st day of the month). You have 60 days to cancel the card for the AF to be reversed. You also can use SM to cancel card and no need to call.

Note: I called to cancel the card (June, 2014), told them it was because the AF was too high, and they waived it. Still got the 10,000 points and the Companion Certs!!
Print Wikipost

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2012, 8:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
Originally Posted by ned
I remember it was hard to get them cancelled as the CSR was aggressive, and I was equally aggressive. Now my app.’s are not even considered, no credit check. I have called and am told there is nothing I can do, “I have previously had a card and it is a policy issue”.
That is why it is best to cancel with a secure message - avoid haggling with a CSR.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 9:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lotz
Originally Posted by gpapadop
Got card, used once, received 40k. What is the best way to churn it? Hold it (for how long) & apply for another one (with same USAir # or not/) after how long? Or cancel it (after how long keeping it?) and apply for another one after how long after canceling old card (with same USAir # or not)?

Can someone step up with definite info that worked for him/her.

Thank you.

Several of us have above. Same US #.

My 2nd card was at @ 6 months after getting 1st.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 10:27 pm

Programs: DL, Amex MR
Originally Posted by tassojunior
Several of us have above. Same US #.

My 2nd card was at @ 6 months after getting 1st.
I'm not sure what it means. You applied for a 2nd card or did you cancel and re-apply?
Old Feb 10, 2012, 9:10 am
ned

Programs: MTD pass holder
Originally Posted by keirnna
Obviously there is more to the story.
Not that I am aware of.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 5:17 pm

Please be aware that from time to time, Barclays may offer bonuses or awards of mileage credit or other premiums (for example, First Use Miles, First Use Certificates, and Promotional Companion Tickets) to new US Airways MasterCard Cardmembers. Unless otherwise stated in the offer, these bonuses and /or awards are intended for persons who are not, and have not previously been, US Airways MasterCard Cardmembers. You understand and agree that, unless otherwise stated, if this is your first US Airways MasterCard account, once you become a Cardmember you are no longer eligible to receive these bonuses and/or awards for any new US Airways MasterCard account you open after this account is opened. If this is not your first US Airways MasterCard account, you may not be eligible for these bonuses and/or awards. If you receive a bonus or award for which you are not eligible, Barclays may direct US Airways to revoke the bonus or award, or reduce your mileage credit by the amount of the award, or charge your account for the fair value of the bonus or award, at our option. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 6:54 pm

Another data point:

Got my first card in July. Kept the original card.

Applied again last week and was instantly approved. Hopefully, the points will post after 1st purchase!
Old Feb 10, 2012, 7:38 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by ironchef16
Another data point:

Got my first card in July. Kept the original card.

Applied again last week and was instantly approved. Hopefully, the points will post after 1st purchase!
Please post the above with the result (points posted or not w/ first statement)

Thanks!
Old Feb 10, 2012, 8:39 pm

+1! thanks
Old Feb 10, 2012, 8:46 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus (1P)
Regarding to the US citizenship problem, I want to share my experience.

I got my SSN in my 29 years-old as a F1 foreign student in the US and already have several credit card with Chase/Citi/Amex since then (~2.5 yrs). Due to the concern of the resident issue, I wait until now to apply. Surprisingly I got the instant approve for 5k credit line. I did check "I'm not US citizen" in the application and pick my own country. If anyone has the same situation like me, since they only pull the credit from TransUnion then it really worth a try. ^
Old Feb 12, 2012, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by Splittin' Aces
Received first card (Premier World MC) back in Feb 2011. That first card is still open and used at a low level. Applied for 2nd card the end of this week. Got the "pending review" with the on-line app. Called 866-369-1283 (The CSR was US based and very friendly & professional). CSR verified a few things on the app including income and put me on hold to review my credit report. The CSR came back on and said I currently had a card but if I was willing to move $5K off the old card for the new one that I'd be approved. Done deal, and CSR said I was approved for a Premier World MC. CSR didn't ask why I needed two cards. Received email notification of approval soon after. Will report back if bonus isn't confirmed on activation or if bonus doesn't post. Thanks to tassojunior & others who've blazed the trail for card #2!
Positive follow-up: i did receive the Premier World card (card #2) as expected. 40K bonus on card #2 posted when the first statement closed.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 6:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lotz
Originally Posted by satz
I'm not sure what it means. You applied for a 2nd card or did you cancel and re-apply?
2nd card, as others have. Kept the first one open too.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 7:07 am

Applied for U.S. Airways CC in early August 2011. No instant approval as I needed to send in supporting evidence (passport info) to prove I am a U.S. Citizen.

If I apply again online, do you think I would need to do the same or would the computer analyzing the application form realize I already have a credit card and I have already proved my residency?
Old Feb 13, 2012, 7:30 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
To Splittin' Aces:

Great, best follow up post in this thread! Will take a shot at this after I return from my cruise (fully paid by CapitalOneVenture pts from the mega 110k offer last yr)
Old Feb 13, 2012, 9:25 am

Programs: AA, BA, CO
Question.............

So, this card gives another 10K bonus for when you transfer your ballances from other cards.

I can do this BUT .... as I am making the required spend on those other cards ... will they not count my spend if I transfer it to US Airways card instead of pay for my charges right away???

a bit concerned here.

thanks
Old Feb 13, 2012, 10:53 am

Programs: AA, BA, CO
Originally Posted by Igor718
Question.............

So, this card gives another 10K bonus for when you transfer your ballances from other cards.

I can do this BUT .... as I am making the required spend on those other cards ... will they not count my spend if I transfer it to US Airways card instead of pay for my charges right away???

a bit concerned here.

thanks

Just called US Airways and my other cards to answer my own question.

So ... #1 ... if you transfer balance from other cards where you need to meet the spend, they will NOT take away the miles.

Problem with US Airways is that they charge you a nice 3% fee for transferring balances, so their 10K miles offer for balance transfer .... garbage.

hope this is useful info for you guys.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.