FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Credit Card Programs (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs-599/)
-   -   [EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs/1182580-expired-fee-waived-us-airways-card-30k-10k-anniversary.html)

YoungBubbie Jan 28, 2015 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by SOCguy (Post 24250104)
Head's up - just received another bonus offer. Some history:

2/13 - Approved for new card. Made one purchase for the bonus and put the card away.
4/13 - Received 750/3 for 15k offer. Completed spend, bonus posted.
2/14 - Called "to cancel" with AF due. Had already received 10k anniversary miles. Got the AF cut by 66%.
2014 - Put a few charges on the card here and there, mainly due to a 2X on gas offer. Last transaction was in 12/14.

1/15 - Received new offer for 15k points after spending more than $500 in Feb / Mar / Apr. My AF is due in Feb and the T&C state that in order to qualify for the 15k bonus, you must pay your AF (it's even in bold). That said, put the spend on the card plus the 10k anniversary miles means 25k miles for $89 - pretty sweet deal. A second card would be better but I've tried twice and it isn't happening with Barclays.

That'smine almost exactly. Except last year they would waive only 50% of annual fee. Then I called the following month and got a statement credit for the rest. I got the 2x and a 5x offer.

I also have a 2nd card. I just finished the $500 3 month spend. Just waiting for those to post.

_kurt Jan 29, 2015 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by SOCguy (Post 24250104)
1/15 - Received new offer for 15k points after spending more than $500 in Feb / Mar / Apr.

Wow. My offer was only for 5k miles. Going to cancel the card instead.

ASUDan130 Apr 10, 2015 7:43 am

Does the 10K anniversary miles post right away on the day the account opened or the following billing cycle?

Happy Apr 10, 2015 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by ASUDan130 (Post 24645506)
Does the 10K anniversary miles post right away on the day the account opened or the following billing cycle?

One year after account open,on the day of statement close date. neither account opened nor the following billing cycle.

ASUDan130 Apr 10, 2015 3:14 pm

Whats the difference between statement close date and billing cycle?

Happy Apr 10, 2015 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by ASUDan130 (Post 24647754)
Whats the difference between statement close date and billing cycle?

billing cycle is the whole period between prior statement close date to current statement close date. statement close date is a particular date.

A Cycle does not equal A Date. I am sure you understand that part.

You asked when the anniversary bonus would post - it does not post on a random day in a billing cycle. It posts on the statement close date of your anniversary month.

Note that some cards do post bonus in the midst of a billing cycle, usually a few days after spend is met. This is not the case of the question you asked.

Is it clear enough to you?

webazoid Apr 28, 2015 12:06 pm

Will new aviator red give 10k miles every year?

Have old us aiways mastercard with bonus 10k miles every year. When it get converted to aviator red, will i still get 10,000 milesevery year?

ChoochMom May 1, 2015 10:14 am

Annual Fee Waiver?

I wonder if I just made a mistake. I got the annual fee waived, but now I remember that there was some fine print about the 10,000 anniversary miles being contingent on paying the fee. Has anyone had the fee waived recently? What was your experience, did you get the miles anyway?

(I searched this thread but the only references were awhile back, and things might have changed with the American merger.)

YoungBubbie May 1, 2015 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by ChoochMom (Post 24750588)
I wonder if I just made a mistake. I got the annual fee waived, but now I remember that there was some fine print about the 10,000 anniversary miles being contingent on paying the fee. Has anyone had the fee waived recently? What was your experience, did you get the miles anyway?

(I searched this thread but the only references were awhile back, and things might have changed with the American merger.)

Don't worry. I got mine and fee waived on 2 cards.

I also got nervous on the new one I just opened as they applied a fee waiver incorrectly to the the new account. I was worried but the 50,000 posted too.

ChoochMom May 1, 2015 8:51 pm

Thanks! Sets my mind at ease.

rrgg May 4, 2015 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by YoungBubbie (Post 23723570)
I love this card. Got the email verifying the continuation of anniversary miles. My fee is due in November and I also got the promotion spend $500 for 3 months and get 15,000 bonus miles. This is in addition to the other 2 promos of 2 bonus miles for certain categories up to 2,500 miles.

I don't want to push my luck but has anyone gotten a statement credit for the annual fee in addition to that 15,000 mile bonus? It specifically says you have to pay the fee.

Thanks.

A few years ago I opened this card via the Chairman offer and the following year got my 10k bonus miles before my annual fee even appeared.

With my current US card, my annual fee posted in April and I still haven't received the 10k. Is that normal? When have others recently received their 10k bonus? (I'm AA PLT not Chairman so maybe they nixed me. I don't recall getting the email confirmation others mentioned in October.)

YoungBubbie May 4, 2015 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by rrgg (Post 24765944)
A few years ago I opened this card via the Chairman offer and the following year got my 10k bonus miles before my annual fee even appeared.

With my current US card, my annual fee posted in April and I still haven't received the 10k. Is that normal? When have others recently received their 10k bonus? (I'm AA PLT not Chairman so maybe they nixed me. I don't recall getting the email confirmation others mentioned in October.)

I did not receive any notification on my card that came due in February. The fee posted 2/27 and the anniversary miles posted 2/4. I also applied through that chairman link.

I would think that they should post this month.

Are your miles posting from your credit card spend? I read that someone never merged their U.S. and AA accounts, so when they opened a new U.S. Credit card a new Aadvantage account was created. Their bonus miles we're going into that account.

rrgg May 4, 2015 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by YoungBubbie (Post 24766132)
I did not receive any notification on my card that came due in February. The fee posted 2/27 and the anniversary miles posted 2/4. I also applied through that chairman link.

I would think that they should post this month.

Are your miles posting from your credit card spend? I read that someone never merged their U.S. and AA accounts, so when they opened a new U.S. Credit card a new Aadvantage account was created. Their bonus miles we're going into that account.

Thanks. It's reassuring that someone else didn't receive the notice.

5/8 Update: Miles from spending correctly posted to my AA account, but no 10K anniversary bonus. Barclays claims they don't see that bonus on my account and want me to send them a promotion code. They seem to be unaware of what the anniversary bonus is. I will send a copy of the application advertising the 10k, but it seems unlikely it will be honored.

michael_v May 8, 2015 3:45 pm

I have never been a Chairman, got my annual fee notice in late April, 10k anniversary miles in early May and annual fee to be billed on May 29 as per the letter.

YoungBubbie May 8, 2015 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by rrgg (Post 24766310)
Thanks. It's reassuring that someone else didn't receive the notice.

5/8 Update: Miles from spending correctly posted to my AA account, but no 10K anniversary bonus. Barclays claims they don't see that bonus on my account and want me to send them a promotion code. They seem to be unaware of what the anniversary bonus is. I will send a copy of the application advertising the 10k, but it seems unlikely it will be honored.

This is Barclays.

I have found unfortunately one hand doesn't always know what the other is doing. I had the same problem 2 years ago when I asked about my anniversary miles and they didn't even have a clue that it was one of that cards benefits.

Send them the info and with their history you might get lucky and they can post twice! At least you saved the proper information.