FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Credit Card Programs (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs-599/)
-   -   [EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs/1182580-expired-fee-waived-us-airways-card-30k-10k-anniversary.html)

yoyo Sep 27, 2014 6:41 pm

http://www.usairways.com/en-US/divid...ault.html?re=1
40K miles application link. $89 fee not waived.

beltway Sep 27, 2014 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by yoyo (Post 23591615)
http://www.usairways.com/en-US/divid...ault.html?re=1
40K miles application link. $89 fee not waived.

As noted clearly in the wiki above, there's a separate thread for discussing that offer: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...ot-waived.html

uvasteph Oct 2, 2014 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by hnf8705 (Post 23518006)
Has anyone been able to get the Barclay Arrival Card if they have 2 active US Air MC cards?

I just did, and was auto approved for all three cards.

Superorb Oct 2, 2014 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by uvasteph (Post 23617134)
I just did, and was auto approved for all three cards.

We need more info. Which cards and when.

uvasteph Oct 3, 2014 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by Superorb (Post 23618474)
We need more info. Which cards and when.

US Air - applied 10/13 - instant approval - card still open
US Air - applied 5/14 - instant approval - card still open
Arrival Plus - applied 9/14 - instant approval

Superorb Oct 3, 2014 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by uvasteph (Post 23622211)
US Air - applied 10/13 - instant approval - card still open
US Air - applied 5/14 - instant approval - card still open
Arrival Plus - applied 9/14 - instant approval

Thanks.

arlflyer Oct 23, 2014 7:22 am

Barclays USAir MC 10k Anniversary Bonus Continuing Past 2015

Just received this email (9 AM EST):

"With your US Airways Dividend Miles® MasterCard®, you receive 10,000 Dividend Miles every year on the anniversary of your account opening.
We're happy to let you know that once the US Airways and American Airlines loyalty programs combine in 2015, you'll continue to receive this benefit in the form of 10,000 AAdvantage® miles."

Also states that the card will give a 25% discount on inflight purchases on US and AA metal, and will earn 2x miles on AA purchases.

Apologies if this is old news, but I don't recall having seen this confirmed as such before.

aarif1 Oct 23, 2014 8:03 am

With the confirmation that this card will earn 10k at anniversary for at least one more year, I think I'll keep this card even if they don't waive the fee. The 5k bonus for spending $500 /month for three months helps too. Now the question is should I try to get one more card, or try for my second arrival card instead. Hmm...

airb330 Oct 23, 2014 8:39 am

Originally Posted by arlflyer (Post 23721810)
Just received this email (9 AM EST):

"With your US Airways Dividend Miles® MasterCard®, you receive 10,000 Dividend Miles every year on the anniversary of your account opening.
We're happy to let you know that once the US Airways and American Airlines loyalty programs combine in 2015, you'll continue to receive this benefit in the form of 10,000 AAdvantage® miles."

Also states that the card will give a 25% discount on inflight purchases on US and AA metal, and will earn 2x miles on AA purchases.

Apologies if this is old news, but I don't recall having seen this confirmed as such before.

They told me I'd receive the 10K in 2015 as well. My anniversary is in February. I think I posted their reply here.

Originally Posted by aarif1 (Post 23722036)
With the confirmation that this card will earn 10k at anniversary for at least one more year, I think I'll keep this card even if they don't waive the fee. The 5k bonus for spending $500 /month for three months helps too. Now the question is should I try to get one more card, or try for my second arrival card instead. Hmm...

Yeah might as well keep it for the 10K miles. We're all set on that in 2015 at least. I bet it goes away for 2016 though. Do be aware BarclayCard Customer Service is really bad though-don't charge anything from new vendors just in case.

dagaetch Oct 23, 2014 8:49 am

I got this in a morning email: "Looking forward: When the US Airways and American Airlines loyalty programs combine in 2015, your US Airways Dividend Miles MasterCard will automatically become an American Airlines AAdvantage® MasterCard®, issued by Barclaycard. Stay tuned for more exciting benefits updates!"

Was that confirmed already?

Superorb Oct 23, 2014 11:53 am

Are there any links floating around for the first year waived CC?

YoungBubbie Oct 23, 2014 12:16 pm

The Card That Keeps on Giving

I love this card. Got the email verifying the continuation of anniversary miles. My fee is due in November and I also got the promotion spend $500 for 3 months and get 15,000 bonus miles. This is in addition to the other 2 promos of 2 bonus miles for certain categories up to 2,500 miles.

I don't want to push my luck but has anyone gotten a statement credit for the annual fee in addition to that 15,000 mile bonus? It specifically says you have to pay the fee.

Thanks.

arlflyer Oct 23, 2014 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by YoungBubbie (Post 23723570)
I love this card. Got the email verifying the continuation of anniversary miles. My fee is due in November and I also got the promotion spend $500 for 3 months and get 15,000 bonus miles. This is in addition to the other 2 promos of 2 bonus miles for certain categories up to 2,500 miles.

Yep...the less I use the thing, the more targeted offers they send me...

frenchie2 Oct 23, 2014 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by arlflyer (Post 23725568)
Yep...the less I use the thing, the more targeted offers they send me...

I never charged a penny on this card, never received any kind of targeted offer either! I guess they don't love me :( I was planning to cancel it when it renews next April, but now I am going to keep it for the 10K miles!

How can I increase the chance for targeted offer? I believe I set my communication preference right in my Barclay profile.

yolie Oct 24, 2014 11:56 am

I have my companion certificates but they expire in February. I know i wont get another one. If someone has one they wont be using can you PM me? I need it for June/July travel.

Thanks