Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 10, 2013, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MDtR-Chicago
For questions on NEW applications for US Airways cards please use this thread:
USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K Bonus; AF not waived

Official: 10k annual bonus for existing cardholders will continue beyond 2014

Note: All links are expired

Related threads:
US Airways CC / Companion Certificates discussion thread
Barclays Retention Offers
Forced conversion to Aadvantage Mastercard

We will leave this thread open for questions from existing cardholders who applied using offers with the perpetual annual 10k bonus. Otherwise, please post on the ongoing thread on standard offers:
Current Offers: USAirways cards with no annual mileage bonus

Current Links:
30k + 10k anniversary + no annual fee for the first year (now says "Offer expired"); terms and conditions include offer specifics
[NOTE: Barclays is erratically enforcing the restriction "for Preferred members only," especially for those who leave off a membership number on the application. See recent experiences reported in the thread.]

There is a separate thread for a 40k+10k offer with $89 annual fee, no anniversary bonus: USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K BT Bonus; AF not waived

Expired Links:
30k at signup, 10k anniversary bonus, 10k with balance transfer, no fee first year - Landing Page (Ended 4/30/14)
Older 35K Link (older link not working)
Newer 35K Link (click on terms and conditions to see 35K bonus after first purchase, first year fee waived, and 10K anniversary bonus)

1) I applied for this card but got the message
We apologize for the inconvenience, but our website is experiencing technical issues.
Please contact us at 1-866-419-6437 or try again later.
What does this mean? What should I do?

Check your application status by visiting http://www.myapplicationstatus.com/

At Barclays, if you already have an online account, the card can also show up there before you get a notification from them. Obviously, that won't work if you don't yet have an online Barclays account from another card. But if it's not your first US card, you presumably do have an online account already.

2) What's the reconsideration line number?

866-408-4064. Only open M>F, 8am>5pm, Eastern.

3) How long after my first purchase does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles for the first-purchase bonus post with the statement showing the initial purchase.

4) For those people who got the targeted offer, how long after spending $750 in each of the 3 months does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles posts two months after the end of the promotion period. For example, if your promo was to spend in June, July and August, the 15k bonus would post with October statement.

5) How can I get the anniversary 10K bonus points without paying the annual fee?

The annual bonus posts on the statement date of the month of anniversary. No need to "kick out" a statement. But if you are worried, you can put a few bucks on the card during that cycle thus generate a statement but it is NOT necessary.

AF is billed the last business day of the month of the anniversary (much better than Chase practice which is on the 1st day of the month). You have 60 days to cancel the card for the AF to be reversed. You also can use SM to cancel card and no need to call.

Note: I called to cancel the card (June, 2014), told them it was because the AF was too high, and they waived it. Still got the 10,000 points and the Companion Certs!!
Print Wikipost

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2013, 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by WiscAZ
What's the best way to check your annual spend for the current year? I'm trying to figure out how close I am to 25k for the extra PQMs. Thanks.

I find that the easiest way is to go to your US account, look at your miles from Jan 1 til today, and uncheck all the options that aren't from the credit card. That shows you everything that you've gotten from your card (assuming you only have one). It won't show the most recent spending, but I found it helpful.

And I got just got the email that my 10k miles converted to PQMs for the year. ^
Old Jul 17, 2013, 9:40 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, HH Diamond, National Executive
Originally Posted by TimesTwo
I find that the easiest way is to go to your US account, look at your miles from Jan 1 til today, and uncheck all the options that aren't from the credit card. That shows you everything that you've gotten from your card (assuming you only have one). It won't show the most recent spending, but I found it helpful.

And I got just got the email that my 10k miles converted to PQMs for the year. ^
How long did it take for you to get the PQMs? Was it once you hit 25k or after that statement?
Old Jul 18, 2013, 12:45 pm

Location: Born and raised in South Carolina, now in New York City.
I applied for the card in Dec and got approved... applied again in April and was denied even after 2 calls to the reconsideration line. They said to try again down the road. Do you think it's too soon to apply again? It's been three months and I'll apply for that card first and call in right away if (when) I don't get approved.
Old Jul 19, 2013, 1:01 am

Originally Posted by saranyc
I applied for the card in Dec and got approved... applied again in April and was denied even after 2 calls to the reconsideration line. They said to try again down the road. Do you think it's too soon to apply again? It's been three months and I'll apply for that card first and call in right away if (when) I don't get approved.
Barclays isn't like Chase, they're very inconsistent when it comes to reconsideration and also on their criteria for approvals. A few months ago you could get tons of cards approved in one day. But then people were reporting only getting one card at a time (myself included).

So to make a long story short it's a crap shoot People here have reported success 6+ months after the first approval though. I waited 13 months for mine and I was approved.
Old Jul 19, 2013, 8:08 am

Programs: AA BA CO DL UA US
Originally Posted by Superorb
Barclays isn't like Chase, they're very inconsistent when it comes to reconsideration and also on their criteria for approvals. A few months ago you could get tons of cards approved in one day. But then people were reporting only getting one card at a time (myself included).

So to make a long story short it's a crap shoot People here have reported success 6+ months after the first approval though. I waited 13 months for mine and I was approved.
Agreed. I got approved after six months on my 2nd card with the existing one open. It seems the ranged for getting the 2nd card is after 6 or 12 months. I don't know about the 3rd card, but I am planning on it. Anyone getting a 3rd card? If so, what is the gap between 1st, 2nd and 3rd?
Old Jul 19, 2013, 8:16 am

Location: Born and raised in South Carolina, now in New York City.
FYI: I applied and was told no. They didn't even pull my credit report and mentioned that I applied 3 months ago and was told no as well. I may cancel my original card and try 366 days after my original application (assuming that they are still offering it later this year).
Old Jul 19, 2013, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by saranyc
FYI: I applied and was told no. They didn't even pull my credit report and mentioned that I applied 3 months ago and was told no as well. I may cancel my original card and try 366 days after my original application (assuming that they are still offering it later this year).
It's never a good idea to cancel new cards. You don't want to be marked as a churner and blackballed from banks. If you have the 10k anniversary bonus card it's less than a penny/point. Plus, you can get a 2nd card after waiting 6 months like most of us do here.
Old Jul 19, 2013, 3:11 pm

Has anyone had recent success/failure with applying for a third - or more - card? If so, did you cancel any of your cards and how long did you wait? Any other helpful information is greatly appreciated.
Old Jul 20, 2013, 7:47 am

Programs: US Silver, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by flyer4512
2nd card, never got any bonus mile offer and I only made the initial purchase on both cards
September 2011 - Approved US Mastercard (Still open)
December 2011 - Received 15k offer
April 2013 - Approved 2nd US Mastercard

Still no 15k offer for the 2nd card.
Old Jul 20, 2013, 4:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Anyone know if the link is still good for the 35k offer?
Old Jul 20, 2013, 5:33 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, 1 MM
Originally Posted by brewdog11
The only way to know for sure is to try it - sometimes these things go away on a moments notice, sometimes they stay around way longer than anybody expects. It takes people in the community to try it and report back.
Old Jul 20, 2013, 8:15 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by brewdog11
Based on comments in my blog, YES!

I still have not figured out how is it possible I have never received a 15k offer??? I am thinking about suing Barclays for discriminating against me
Old Jul 20, 2013, 9:21 pm

Programs: DL, Amex MR
Originally Posted by gpapadop
Based on comments in my blog, YES!

I still have not figured out how is it possible I have never received a 15k offer??? I am thinking about suing Barclays for discriminating against me
I've never received any 15k offer either
Old Jul 20, 2013, 9:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Good to hear. And I'm still waiting in line for my offer, as well. Perhaps we'll make this a class action...
Old Jul 20, 2013, 10:41 pm

Wife and I both have not gotten the 15k bonus offer yet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.