Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 10, 2013, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MDtR-Chicago
For questions on NEW applications for US Airways cards please use this thread:
USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K Bonus; AF not waived

Official: 10k annual bonus for existing cardholders will continue beyond 2014

Note: All links are expired

Related threads:
US Airways CC / Companion Certificates discussion thread
Barclays Retention Offers
Forced conversion to Aadvantage Mastercard

We will leave this thread open for questions from existing cardholders who applied using offers with the perpetual annual 10k bonus. Otherwise, please post on the ongoing thread on standard offers:
Current Offers: USAirways cards with no annual mileage bonus

Current Links:
30k + 10k anniversary + no annual fee for the first year (now says "Offer expired"); terms and conditions include offer specifics
[NOTE: Barclays is erratically enforcing the restriction "for Preferred members only," especially for those who leave off a membership number on the application. See recent experiences reported in the thread.]

There is a separate thread for a 40k+10k offer with $89 annual fee, no anniversary bonus: USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K BT Bonus; AF not waived

Expired Links:
30k at signup, 10k anniversary bonus, 10k with balance transfer, no fee first year - Landing Page (Ended 4/30/14)
Older 35K Link (older link not working)
Newer 35K Link (click on terms and conditions to see 35K bonus after first purchase, first year fee waived, and 10K anniversary bonus)

1) I applied for this card but got the message
We apologize for the inconvenience, but our website is experiencing technical issues.
Please contact us at 1-866-419-6437 or try again later.
What does this mean? What should I do?

Check your application status by visiting http://www.myapplicationstatus.com/

At Barclays, if you already have an online account, the card can also show up there before you get a notification from them. Obviously, that won't work if you don't yet have an online Barclays account from another card. But if it's not your first US card, you presumably do have an online account already.

2) What's the reconsideration line number?

866-408-4064. Only open M>F, 8am>5pm, Eastern.

3) How long after my first purchase does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles for the first-purchase bonus post with the statement showing the initial purchase.

4) For those people who got the targeted offer, how long after spending $750 in each of the 3 months does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles posts two months after the end of the promotion period. For example, if your promo was to spend in June, July and August, the 15k bonus would post with October statement.

5) How can I get the anniversary 10K bonus points without paying the annual fee?

The annual bonus posts on the statement date of the month of anniversary. No need to "kick out" a statement. But if you are worried, you can put a few bucks on the card during that cycle thus generate a statement but it is NOT necessary.

AF is billed the last business day of the month of the anniversary (much better than Chase practice which is on the 1st day of the month). You have 60 days to cancel the card for the AF to be reversed. You also can use SM to cancel card and no need to call.

Note: I called to cancel the card (June, 2014), told them it was because the AF was too high, and they waived it. Still got the 10,000 points and the Companion Certs!!
Print Wikipost

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2013, 7:52 pm

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by Happy
Thanks for the info. Hopefully we would see ours in early part of August. I start to think that when the anniversary date falls, (early part of the month versus later part of the month) may make a difference when the bonus posted - before fee billed or after fee billed as we have seen both situations reported.

So they do not reverse the fee after the billed date even if one cancels the card after that date or it so sounds. All other banks would reverse the fee billed if cancellation within 30 or 60 days after fee billed. I actually believe this is in the regulations.
They will cancel the fee, soon after it is billed.
Old Jun 10, 2013, 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by mmaoao
Does anybody have 2 opened US Air cards and got an approval for a 3rd one recently. I want to get a 3rd one w/o closing the existing 2 cards. Any suggestions.
Why not cancel 1 card so when you reapply it will be for card #2?
Old Jun 11, 2013, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by Superorb
Why not cancel 1 card so when you reapply it will be for card #2?
I'm planning to do my quarterly churn in July which would include US Air card #3. So if I cancelled now I'm afraid they would notice and question me. Besides my annual fee is due Dec for card #1 & #2 and I'd like to get the 10k bonus before the cancellation. What do you think?
Old Jun 11, 2013, 12:28 pm

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
I'm planning to do my quarterly churn in July which would include US Air card #3. So if I cancelled now I'm afraid they would notice and question me. Besides my annual fee is due Dec for card #1 & #2 and I'd like to get the 10k bonus before the cancellation. What do you think?

Well, as I mentioned a few posts ago, I had 2 existing US Air cards, and cancelled both of them a little bit over a month before applying for card #3 yesterday. In my experience, they did notice, question me, and deny me.

So based on my recent experience, cancelling both is not a great idea. LOL
Old Jun 11, 2013, 3:20 pm

What about just canceling one of them? I doubt they'll give you your 3rd card though.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 6:36 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Amex Plat
Is there still any card that offers 10k QM's as a part of the spend? I am sorry but I was unable to find anything in looking through about a dozen pages of the thread or the USairways site. Thanks!
Old Jun 12, 2013, 1:52 pm

Successful churn

Applied for my first card last November, approved instantly, got 40k DM miles after first purchase.

Applied again yesterday, no instant approval this time, but got approved the next day. Looking forward to another 40k DM miles.

Anyone knows when they'll become AA miles?
Old Jun 12, 2013, 2:14 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by AXR64

Anyone knows when they'll become AA miles?
No one really has a clue when the programs will get merged...opportunity to do this card and Citi AA in the meantime
Old Jun 12, 2013, 5:19 pm

I have some questions about this USAIR offer. Does anyone know if the 2 companion passes can be used on 2 different flights? Also, are these available when you first open the card (with the annual fee waived the first year), or do they only come into play upon renewal and payment of the annual fee? Thank you!
Old Jun 12, 2013, 5:21 pm

Oh I forgot to ask: some people have mentioned that they get an offer for bonus miles (with spend) if they only make one charge on the card. Is this a firm suggestion or is it hit or miss. I apologize if this has been covered earlier in the thread. Thanks!
Old Jun 12, 2013, 6:01 pm

Programs: Hilton Cubic Zirconia, Marriott Fools Gold
Originally Posted by restonva
I have some questions about this USAIR offer. Does anyone know if the 2 companion passes can be used on 2 different flights? Also, are these available when you first open the card (with the annual fee waived the first year), or do they only come into play upon renewal and payment of the annual fee? Thank you!
I'd recommend checking out the master thread over in the US Airways forum...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles/1179907-us-airways-cc-companion-certificates-master-thread.html

But to answer your questions the companion pass comes in your welcome kit with the card and you will get another pass each anniversary. The companion pass can be used for up to two companions on one flight (can't split it over two flights).
Old Jun 12, 2013, 6:24 pm

Programs: LFFRS BOD
Oh I forgot to ask: some people have mentioned that they get an offer for bonus miles (with spend) if they only make one charge on the card. Is this a firm suggestion or is it hit or miss. I apologize if this has been covered earlier in the thread. Thanks!
The offer for 15k miles with a $750+ spend in EACH of 3 mos was offered to my husband but not me and I actually got the card a month earlier than him and we each only put one small charge on our individual card.
Old Jun 12, 2013, 9:18 pm

Programs: AA, United, British Airways, Alaska Air
Originally Posted by muji
It's not necessary to do so. I and others have successfully gotten a second card while holding a first card, but YMMV.
That's what I did; I still have my original card and am expecting the second one in the mail in the next few days.
Old Jun 12, 2013, 11:28 pm

Originally Posted by skitch23
But to answer your questions the companion pass comes in your welcome kit with the card and you will get another pass each anniversary. The companion pass can be used for up to two companions on one flight (can't split it over two flights).
My companion pass actually came separate from the card.. I got my card in about five business days and the companion pass came exactly three weeks after my approval... I was anxiously awaiting them and used them the same day i received them!
Old Jun 13, 2013, 6:25 am

Programs: UA, AA, Hyatt, SPG
Is there any rule of thumb on how long to wait between churns? I applied in Feb, cancelled in June. Wondering when I should aim to reapply.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.