Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Old Aug 10, 2013, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MDtR-Chicago
For questions on NEW applications for US Airways cards please use this thread:
USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K Bonus; AF not waived

Official: 10k annual bonus for existing cardholders will continue beyond 2014

Note: All links are expired

Related threads:
US Airways CC / Companion Certificates discussion thread
Barclays Retention Offers
Forced conversion to Aadvantage Mastercard

We will leave this thread open for questions from existing cardholders who applied using offers with the perpetual annual 10k bonus. Otherwise, please post on the ongoing thread on standard offers:
Current Offers: USAirways cards with no annual mileage bonus

Current Links:
30k + 10k anniversary + no annual fee for the first year (now says "Offer expired"); terms and conditions include offer specifics
[NOTE: Barclays is erratically enforcing the restriction "for Preferred members only," especially for those who leave off a membership number on the application. See recent experiences reported in the thread.]

There is a separate thread for a 40k+10k offer with $89 annual fee, no anniversary bonus: USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K BT Bonus; AF not waived

Expired Links:
30k at signup, 10k anniversary bonus, 10k with balance transfer, no fee first year - Landing Page (Ended 4/30/14)
Older 35K Link (older link not working)
Newer 35K Link (click on terms and conditions to see 35K bonus after first purchase, first year fee waived, and 10K anniversary bonus)

1) I applied for this card but got the message
We apologize for the inconvenience, but our website is experiencing technical issues.
Please contact us at 1-866-419-6437 or try again later.
What does this mean? What should I do?

Check your application status by visiting http://www.myapplicationstatus.com/

At Barclays, if you already have an online account, the card can also show up there before you get a notification from them. Obviously, that won't work if you don't yet have an online Barclays account from another card. But if it's not your first US card, you presumably do have an online account already.

2) What's the reconsideration line number?

866-408-4064. Only open M>F, 8am>5pm, Eastern.

3) How long after my first purchase does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles for the first-purchase bonus post with the statement showing the initial purchase.

4) For those people who got the targeted offer, how long after spending $750 in each of the 3 months does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles posts two months after the end of the promotion period. For example, if your promo was to spend in June, July and August, the 15k bonus would post with October statement.

5) How can I get the anniversary 10K bonus points without paying the annual fee?

The annual bonus posts on the statement date of the month of anniversary. No need to "kick out" a statement. But if you are worried, you can put a few bucks on the card during that cycle thus generate a statement but it is NOT necessary.

AF is billed the last business day of the month of the anniversary (much better than Chase practice which is on the 1st day of the month). You have 60 days to cancel the card for the AF to be reversed. You also can use SM to cancel card and no need to call.

Note: I called to cancel the card (June, 2014), told them it was because the AF was too high, and they waived it. Still got the 10,000 points and the Companion Certs!!
Print Wikipost

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Old Mar 10, 2011, 10:57 pm

Programs: HH Dia, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by mnscout
Nailed it. Just received the card in the mail, called to activate and confirmed 35K points. One thing I didn't like though, was that CSR refused to give the timeframe for when the miles will be posted after the purchase. Thanks, OP.
Generally with first statement (that included the first purchase obviously). Although I'm sure the T & C's say to allow 6-8 weeks or something for points to credit.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 11:24 pm

Programs: AA, BA, UA, Spirit, Delta, PC Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Gold
Thanks, that's good to know.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 11:45 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Hertz 5 star, Priceline Hotel bidder. AA PLT, 1MM.
Barclays "backdoor" number (customer care)

I went on the credit forum on www.creditboards.com and found the "backdoor" number for Barclays.

The number is (888) 232-0780. I will try it tomorrow.
Old Mar 11, 2011, 8:08 am

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards,many FF programs
Received the same reply

Originally Posted by glennaa11
for those of you who received the Platinum card, what did the "congratulations" email you received say?

I am guess I will be getting the premier card (35K bonus) based on what has been written above...that my "Program Overview" makes no mention of bonus miles and most importantly that my welcome email mentions the certificate good for two $99 companion tickets along with First Class check-in and Zone 2 boarding. It looks like those do not apply to the Platinum card.

I know it sucks to not get approved for the main offer. But the T&Cs are pretty clear that you may end up with the Platinum card and only a 10K bonus if they do not approve you for the Premier card. I guess it would be nice to allow you to decline if they only approve you for the lower level.

Also, the 10K bonus miles every year in exchange for the $89 fee seems like a pretty good deal at .89cpm. You would pay $275 to buy that many miles at the current rate. So even the free 10K miles for the Platinum card has some value.
Received same reply. Will see whether or not they give me the enrollment bonus. Approval e-mail does not mention it.
Old Mar 11, 2011, 2:53 pm
Original Member

Thanks to the original poster. This worked great for me.

I received 45,009 miles today - the 35,000 enrollment and the 10,000 for balance transfer and 9 for my first purchase.

I sure hope the Capital One offer turns out this well.
Old Mar 11, 2011, 4:15 pm

Programs: DL, AA, UA, SPG Gold, HH Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Anyone have any idea what determines if you get the Premier World or Platinum card?
Old Mar 11, 2011, 4:21 pm

Programs: Starwood, Delta, American Airlines, USA, United
Originally Posted by GamecockFan
I got my 35,000 miles yesterday.
I just applied 2 nights ago and now I am waiting for approval. . . wait . . .wait.... wait
Old Mar 11, 2011, 4:25 pm

Programs: Starwood, Delta, American Airlines, USA, United
Originally Posted by Andy2
Thanks to the original poster. This worked great for me.

I received 45,009 miles today - the 35,000 enrollment and the 10,000 for balance transfer and 9 for my first purchase.

I sure hope the Capital One offer turns out this well.
Sounds pretty perfect. . . I got turned down on the Capitol One deal
Old Mar 11, 2011, 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by greenythebeast
Anyone have any idea what determines if you get the Premier World or Platinum card?
your credit worthiness and income.
Old Mar 11, 2011, 9:27 pm

Programs: DL, AA, UA, SPG Gold, HH Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Only got approved for the 10k version, which is very annoying. I suppose I should just wait and get the miles, then cancel it as opposed to canceling immediately?
Old Mar 12, 2011, 2:27 pm

What is the 10k miles for each anniversary? I have the Barclay's US Airways Mastercard Premier World for the last 4 or so years and don't get anniversary miles - I forget how much my annual fee is but I think it's $69-89.

I've been meaning to call and cancel it or downgrade to no-fee b/c I don't get any of the benefits of the card (I'm already CP and have Amex Platinum for the lounge)
Old Mar 12, 2011, 3:43 pm

Programs: most of them
the 10K anniversary bonus is just what it says. On the card membership anniversary you get 10K bonus miles...and a charge for $89.

Call them up and ask them to give it to you. Can't hurt to ask. And if they say no go ahead and downgrade your card.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 6:50 pm

How soon after approval did you receive your card?
Old Mar 15, 2011, 7:42 am

Originally Posted by JCary
How soon after approval did you receive your card?
Less than a week for me.
Old Mar 15, 2011, 10:48 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Hertz 5 star, Priceline Hotel bidder. AA PLT, 1MM.
Originally Posted by samdori
your credit worthiness and income.
That is their "scrip". I got Plat card with 6 figure income, 790's credit score, etc. Same job for 20 yrs. Time for letter to Office of the President. Call centers worthless.

Several years ago, I have much lower scores (mid 600's), a degrog on the record (since removed), & much lower income. Got the World card w/5K limit. Got 25K signup miles.

After 1 yr, converted to no fee card & cancelled a year after that.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.