Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Sign in using an external account

Hide Wikipost
Old Jul 3, 14, 1:32 pm   -   Wikipost
FlyerTalk Forums Thread Wiki: [EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary
Please read: this is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread.

Last edit by: MDtR-Chicago
Note: All links expired.

We will leave this thread open for questions from existing cardholders who applied using offers with the perpetual annual 10k bonus. Otherwise, please post on the ongoing thread on standard offers:

Current Offers: USAirways cards with no annual mileage bonus

Current Links:

30k + 10k anniversary + no annual fee for the first year (now says "Offer expired"); terms and conditions include offer specifics
[NOTE: Barclays is erratically enforcing the restriction "for Preferred members only," especially for those who leave off a membership number on the application. See recent experiences reported in the thread.]

There is a separate thread for a 40k+10k offer with $89 annual fee, no anniversary bonus: USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K BT Bonus; AF not waived

Expired Links:
30k at signup, 10k anniversary bonus, 10k with balance transfer, no fee first year - Landing Page (Ended 4/30/14)
Older 35K Link (older link not working)
Newer 35K Link (click on terms and conditions to see 35K bonus after first purchase, first year fee waived, and 10K anniversary bonus)

1) I applied for this card but got the message
We apologize for the inconvenience, but our website is experiencing technical issues.
Please contact us at 1-866-419-6437 or try again later.
What does this mean? What should I do?

Check your application status by visiting http://www.myapplicationstatus.com/

At Barclays, if you already have an online account, the card can also show up there before you get a notification from them. Obviously, that won't work if you don't yet have an online Barclays account from another card. But if it's not your first US card, you presumably do have an online account already.

2) What's the reconsideration line number?

866-408-4064. Only open M>F, 8am>5pm, Eastern.

3) How long after my first purchase does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles for the first-purchase bonus post with the statement showing the initial purchase.

4) For those people who got the targeted offer, how long after spending $750 in each of the 3 months does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles posts two months after the end of the promotion period. For example, if your promo was to spend in June, July and August, the 15k bonus would post with October statement.

5) How can I get the anniversary 10K bonus points without paying the annual fee?

The annual bonus posts on the statement date of the month of anniversary. No need to "kick out" a statement. But if you are worried, you can put a few bucks on the card during that cycle thus generate a statement but it is NOT necessary.

AF is billed the last business day of the month of the anniversary (much better than Chase practice which is on the 1st day of the month). You have 60 days to cancel the card for the AF to be reversed. You also can use SM to cancel card and no need to call.

Note: I called to cancel the card (June, 2014), told them it was because the AF was too high, and they waived it. Still got the 10,000 points and the Companion Certs!!

Related threads:
US Airways CC / Companion Certificates discussion thread
Barclays Retention Offers
Forced conversion to Aadvantage Mastercard

Print Wikipost

Old Oct 20, 12, 10:30 pm   #1501

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, HH GLD (thanks Citi), former DL silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by tassojunior View Post
The BT fee maxes out at $100. On $10K that's just 1% BT fee and 0% interest for 6 months. Plus you get 10K miles for it.
Is this still true?
nall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 12, 11:20 pm   #1502

Quote:
Originally Posted by nall View Post
Is this still true?
No as far as the $100 cap.

Quote:
Up to 10,000 Bonus Miles on balance transfers in the first 90 days of account opening.
Quote:
0% introductory APR for the first fifteen billing cycles after the account is opened.
Quote:
During the first fifteen billing cycles after account opening, either $10 or 3% of each transfer, whichever is greater
HikerT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 12, 8:53 am   #1503

Quote:
Originally Posted by compddd View Post
I applied for the USAir but on the Barclay application status page it says unable to offer me credit at this time.

However I just received a letter in the mail from Barclays saying they can't approve my application until I call in and verify some information with them? Anyone had this happen before?

Will they try and pull my credit again if I call in? I've heard they like to do that without telling you when you call in.
No one has ever had this happen?
compddd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 12, 8:58 am   #1504

Programs: US Chairman's Preferred
Quote:
It didn't happen to me, but I recall reading a few posts from people indicating that after receiving the letter they called the reconsideration letter and were approved after some employment/income/personal information was confirmed. I remember one person saying their credit was pulled a second time (Transunion again), while the other several said there was no additional credit pull.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful. If it was me, I would definitely call reconsideration line.
finster869 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 12, 10:10 am   #1505

Programs: UA 1P
Quote:
I got denied, and called for reconsideration. They did pull my credit again, and from Experian not Transunion, and approved me. Annoyed me since they didn't ask over the phone if they could pull it again. But it was worth it... got approved, and got 40k+ very old expired miles reinstated for $150 in addition to the 40k bonus.
penner42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 12, 10:37 am   #1506

This is what it says when I check my app status online:

"Currently we are unable to offer you a credit card issued by Barclays Bank Delaware. Details on why we could not make you a credit offer will be mailed to you."

and then I received the letter in the mail and it says:

"In order to finish processing your request for credit we must verify information listed on your application. Please call within 30 days."

So maybe I didn't really get denied yet?
Old Oct 21, 12, 10:45 am   #1507

Quote:
This is what it says when I check my app status online
What's the website for checking app status? I didn't write it down and now I can't seem to find it on Google. Thanks.
mabramovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 12, 11:00 am   #1508

Application Status: https://www.barclaycardus.com/app/japply/retrieve.do
Reconsideration: 866-369-1283
HikerT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 12, 11:30 am   #1509

Business plus personal card

I applied for both business and personal cards at the same time, and got approved for the personal one and declined for business one. Reason for decline was "sufficient credit is available on your account issued by Barclays". Does anyone have a similar experience, and is it advisable to call the reconsideration line? The idea is to see if I can get them to shift some credit line from my personal card to the business card to get that card approved, and hopefully not have another credit pull.
Thanks in advance.
travelguy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 12, 12:11 pm   #1510

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelguy1 View Post
I applied for both business and personal cards at the same time, and got approved for the personal one and declined for business one. Reason for decline was "sufficient credit is available on your account issued by Barclays". Does anyone have a similar experience, and is it advisable to call the reconsideration line? The idea is to see if I can get them to shift some credit line from my personal card to the business card to get that card approved, and hopefully not have another credit pull.
Thanks in advance.
Barclays is horribly stingy with credit lines. I've had good experience getting them to shift credit from personal to personal, but don't have any experience with Barclays business cards.
gloreglabert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 12, 12:18 pm   #1511

Quote:
Originally Posted by HikerT View Post
Application Status: https://www.barclaycardus.com/app/japply/retrieve.do
Reconsideration: 866-369-1283
Thanks!
mabramovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 12, 8:05 am   #1512

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloreglabert View Post
Barclays is horribly stingy with credit lines. I've had good experience getting them to shift credit from personal to personal, but don't have any experience with Barclays business cards.
Not always...I got the personal card back in January and was given a pretty big credit line, far more than I need or frankly deserve considering my income.
dagaetch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 12, 3:30 pm   #1513

I got approved for the USAir card today. I activated my account online but I don't see any mention of the 40k miles after first purchase anywhere on the website. Am I missing something? I applied with the link everyone else used.
Old Oct 22, 12, 7:33 pm   #1514

Programs: ihg priority club, hhonors, united,aa
Fee waived, no spend, US Air Card, 40K-55K + benies

My email did not say anything about it either, but for both mine and spouses, showed up after first cycle closed.
kebibl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 12, 7:44 pm   #1515

Thank you sir!