Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Visa Signature or Mastercard World Elite...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2010, 10:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Plat, BMI Silver

Searching for a good Visa Signature or MasterCard World Elite...

Have considered Ameriprise, Saks, Southwest, Etc...

Are there any "good" ones which justify the annual fee...
Old May 25, 2010, 12:06 pm
Suspended

Questions like this are "difficult" because each consumer has specialized needs and different spending patterns and differing favorite merchants and the like.

I used another topic which is now closed to garner information (not about Visa Signature vs World MasterCard Elite per say) with no fee cards and the questions that were coming out of my head were normal but I realized in my situation, certain outcomes and choices were better for me and unique and noone could have been able to accertain that without actually being me.

The answer to these questions are on the search engines and these forums don't really help cut to the chase better than a search on your own will bring up based on what you as a unique individual are looking for.

There is no one size fits all model here. Just like when you do something there are a plethora of personal choices one can make.

"Are there any "good" ones which justify the annual fee..."

Depends on your perception of good. Do you frequent a certain vendor who has promotional offerings and a cobranded card or higher rewards on those purchases? Do you want to spend money on an annual fee where you pay short term cash upfront for a higher longer term gain under the assumption that you spend enough for this card to be worthwhile.

This is not a complete checklist by any means.

Last edited by philemer; May 25, 2010 at 1:43 pm Reason: removed inappropriate word
Old May 25, 2010, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL GM, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by adamj023
Questions like this are "difficult" because each consumer has specialized needs and different spending patterns and differing favorite merchants and the like.

I used another topic which is now closed to garner information (not about Visa Signature vs World MasterCard Elite per say) with no fee cards and the questions that were coming out of my head were normal but I realized in my situation, certain outcomes and choices were better for me and unique and noone could have been able to accertain that without actually being me.

The answer to these questions are on the search engines and these forums don't really help cut to the chase better than a search on your own will bring up based on what you as a unique individual are looking for.

There is no one size fits all model here. Just like when you do something there are a plethora of personal choices one can make.
+1

Last edited by philemer; May 25, 2010 at 1:44 pm Reason: edited quote
Old May 28, 2010, 7:37 pm

Programs: CO, US, AA
Capital One's Venture One is a Visa Signature with no annual fee. Certainly not the best bonus bang per buck spending, but if you want Signature benefits for no cost, go for it.
Old Jun 10, 2010, 4:20 pm

Have found that the "Visa Signature" is being placed on nearly all visa cards, probably in a shady attempt to grab a higher CC processing rate.

The concierge is practically its only selling point and they are starting to fragment on that (FIA and myconcierge).

The "World Elite Mastercard" has some airport lounge benefits (Premier Pass, usually lowest level) as well as concierge, the Virtuoso is available to nearly everyone.

The "Whats in your wallet?" refrain applies here, you probably already have a Visa Signature, or have a card that will soon become Visa Signature.
Old Jun 11, 2010, 12:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Plat, BMI Silver
Not yet. I don't use Visa/MC often, only on the rare occasion when Amex is not accepted, which so far is only Sam's Club in-warehouse and extremely frugal businesses.

The few I have, are Platinum Visa & World MC, not Elite or Signature
Old Jun 11, 2010, 7:34 am

Programs: Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by bob1952
The "Whats in your wallet?" refrain applies here, you probably already have a Visa Signature, or have a card that will soon become Visa Signature.
I agree!

Ironically, my Bank of America Platinum Visa was recently 'upgraded' (BofA's claim!) to a Visa Signature, without being asked if I wanted the upgrade, and the previous card was still valid (i.e., it was not near its expiration date).

I didn't look closely at the benefits the Signature card is supposed to provide. I'll keep reading this great thread and site to learn more.

Thanks!
Old Jun 11, 2010, 8:17 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by ProudPatriot
I didn't look closely at the benefits the Signature card is supposed to provide!
See here:

http://usa.visa.com/personal/visa-signature/index.jsp

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.