Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Sign in using an external account

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Apr 10, 10, 6:42 pm   #1
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 757
Hhonors 65k vs starwood 10k vs priority club 60k

which credit card with those bonus points is the best?
apollo_liumin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 10, 11:33 pm   #2
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Worldwide
Programs: Amex Plat, BMI Silver
Posts: 401
Depends on which hotels you are planning to stay at, or if you plan on cashing your points in for gift cards, or travel. You may want to "google" for a conversion table to see which one is cheaper to redeem with and holds more value for what you plan on using the points for.
angel.x.martinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 10, 5:37 am   #3
mia
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Miami & London
Programs: AA 2MM Perpetual Platinum; HH & SPG Gold
Posts: 20,720
[Moderator enters...]

I have moved this thread to Other Credit Cards. While two of these cards are issued by American Express, none participate in Membership Rewards and there is no other apparent American Express aspect to the discussion.

[...moderator exits]
mia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 10, 4:15 pm   #4
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 757
Quote:
Originally Posted by angel.x.martinez View Post
Depends on which hotels you are planning to stay at, or if you plan on cashing your points in for gift cards, or travel. You may want to "google" for a conversion table to see which one is cheaper to redeem with and holds more value for what you plan on using the points for.
I am just wondering given those bonus points, which one is more valuable?

to me, I am ok with either hotel brand
apollo_liumin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 10, 4:44 pm   #5
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by apollo_liumin View Post
which credit card with those bonus points is the best?
Where do you see a 60k Priority club sign up bonus? The usual is 30k. If you have a 60k offer, it is likely a better offer all else being equal (looking for hotel redemption with equivalent hotels in the same city without future spend in mind). I would put the Hilton notch above the Starwood for just the sign-up bonus.

Once you add in spending or alternate redemption options, the math changes a bit. For instance, Starwood has a bonus 15K points once you spend 15K.
Aitchly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 10, 11:40 am   #6
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: DFW
Programs: AA 1M
Posts: 19,833
Do you have a link for the HH and PC?
__________________
Special Credit Card Offers
UA Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 10, 12:24 am   #7
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 757
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aitchly View Post
Where do you see a 60k Priority club sign up bonus? The usual is 30k. If you have a 60k offer, it is likely a better offer all else being equal (looking for hotel redemption with equivalent hotels in the same city without future spend in mind). I would put the Hilton notch above the Starwood for just the sign-up bonus.

Once you add in spending or alternate redemption options, the math changes a bit. For instance, Starwood has a bonus 15K points once you spend 15K.
I received an email about this bonus, and you can find it by Google.
apollo_liumin is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:55 am.