Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

BMO (Bank of Montreal) World Elite MasterCard

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 20, 2014, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2013, 6:17 pm

Programs: SPG,Marriott,Hilton,Delta,US airways,Hyatt,Fairmont,American A,Priority Cub,Discovery,etc
cruise

Just used up my points on a smoking good deal on a Celebrity cruise. I found the deal,was on the phone for a while,BMO transferred the booking from Celeb and my points were credited against the cost($301 off the $428 charge).
Old Dec 29, 2013, 10:54 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
I can confirm the 4 visits for PP can be used for your guests as well.
Old Jan 5, 2014, 9:51 am

PP guest visits covered? sceptical

Originally Posted by SKYEG
I can confirm the 4 visits for PP can be used for your guests as well.
"Confirm?" How?

Personal experience? I've had some and my experience was opposite to this.

Documentation? It clearly states that 4 visits for the member are free and each guest visit will be charged.

PP Call centre answer? Phoning big companies produces mixed results IME.
BMO Call centre answer? see above.
Old Jan 5, 2014, 10:21 am

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG

Call centre confirmed it and I successfully guested at a lounge

It also says somewhere on t&c
Old Jan 6, 2014, 9:02 am

Originally Posted by SKYEG
Call centre confirmed it and I successfully guested at a lounge

It also says somewhere on t&c
Thanks SKYEG!
They've changed the T&C since I last tested this issue. I've just read it and found the language changed on this point.
Good news.
Cheers
Old Jan 8, 2014, 3:10 am

Programs: SPG,Marriott,Hilton,Delta,US airways,Hyatt,Fairmont,American A,Priority Cub,Discovery,etc
rewards center

Had little issues using points for a cruise BUT trying to use points for a car proving to be hellish.Their website will not allow me to book a different drop for car.Called in and reps were difficult to deal with.Bad attitude.Seems I cannot just do the booking and use the points toward the cost.THEY must do it for me. Reps complained "I guess I'll have to look that up if you don't have an address...my computer doesn't do that...I'm working on a new website and soon...blah,blah". Also told "we are really busy,we'll call you back" and received no call. May just use for a future cruise as THEIR rates are pretty high. Also a $25 booking fee applies because THEY have to do it for you because of their substandard website.
Old Jan 8, 2014, 8:27 am

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
Originally Posted by iamfrugal
Had little issues using points for a cruise BUT trying to use points for a car proving to be hellish.Their website will not allow me to book a different drop for car.Called in and reps were difficult to deal with.Bad attitude.Seems I cannot just do the booking and use the points toward the cost.THEY must do it for me. Reps complained "I guess I'll have to look that up if you don't have an address...my computer doesn't do that...I'm working on a new website and soon...blah,blah". Also told "we are really busy,we'll call you back" and received no call. May just use for a future cruise as THEIR rates are pretty high. Also a $25 booking fee applies because THEY have to do it for you because of their substandard website.
If you use points to book a car rental through this service, do you get any insurance coverage? Normally, I rely on my credit card for insurance. If I'm not expensing the entire cost to the credit card, then I don't have any coverage.
Old Jan 8, 2014, 5:22 pm

Programs: Fairmont, Amex MR, Marriott
Originally Posted by iamfrugal
I had to call to book flights as the website would not let me complete the transaction, and they waived the fees.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 10:16 pm

Programs: BA,Aeroplan,Delta, SPG, Marriot, IHG
How do you get lounge access? I did not receive the access code when I received the card. Can a supplement card holder get lounge access if she is traveling alone without the card holder?
Old Jan 12, 2014, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by peacestar
How do you get lounge access? I did not receive the access code when I received the card. Can a supplement card holder get lounge access if she is traveling alone without the card holder?
BMO World Elite Mastercard Customer Service (number on back of card, different from any/all other phone numbers you might have) will provide the "Invite Code" over the phone and then you go to prioritypass.com/bmoworldelite
and create your new Priority Pass account using the code. Much, much later you will receive the card in the mail and you may not enter any lounge without this physical card. Supplemental cardholders are out of luck unless travelling with you.

Last edited by yyzAAguy; Jan 12, 2014 at 10:40 am Reason: fix URL, fix url, fix url, give up
Old Jan 14, 2014, 7:21 am

Programs: BA,Aeroplan,Delta, SPG, Marriot, IHG
Originally Posted by yyzAAguy
BMO World Elite Mastercard Customer Service (number on back of card, different from any/all other phone numbers you might have) will provide the "Invite Code" over the phone and then you go to prioritypass.com/bmoworldelite
and create your new Priority Pass account using the code. Much, much later you will receive the card in the mail and you may not enter any lounge without this physical card. Supplemental cardholders are out of luck unless travelling with you.
Thank you found the code . Hopefully it will come soon. When will the 30K points posted?
Old Jan 17, 2014, 9:36 am

points post after statement

Originally Posted by peacestar
Thank you found the code . Hopefully it will come soon. When will the 30K points posted?
IIRC you get the points monthly after statement generation
Old Jan 17, 2014, 9:39 am

BAD: Booking hotels through BMO Rewards

Simple advice:
Use BMO Rewards points for online airfare bookings only. NOT for hotels, cars, etc.

When you book airfares directly from their website, humans at the "Centre" are not involved. That's the key to ensuring a non-grotesque experience.

Besides, they mark up hotel bookings with hidden fees they bury in a charge they pretend is "taxes". Best value is finding your airfare elsewhere, then finding it at the same price on BMORewards web tool, then booking and paying with points.

Once burned, twice shy.
YMMV
Old Jan 23, 2014, 2:34 am

Programs: AC*E50, SPG Plat,
For those that have booked flights on the bmorewards site for Air Canada flights, are you able to select seats, or purchase preferred seats?

I did a dummy booking to see what it was like and noticed there's a step at allows you to purchase On My Way, in the same manner that one could buy on the AC website. I was wondering maybe the option to select/purchase preferred seats would pop up after a ticket was paid for also like on AC.com.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 8:42 pm

Yah, applied online and instant approval

BMO World Elite MasterCard
Annual fee: $150 (0$/first year)
Interest rate: 20.5%
Reward: 2/$1 BMO Rewards points

Next Steps:
1)
Within 10-15 business days, you will receive your PIN (Personal Identification Number) for your new BMO Bank of Montreal credit card.
2)
Shortly after, you will receive your card along with an information package.
3)
If you provided an email address, you will receive a message containing card activation details and next steps.
4)
Once you receive your card, you can activate it at bmo.com/activate or at your local BMO Bank of Montreal branch. Find a Branch near you
If you have any questions, please call our Client Contact Centre at 1-800-263-2263.

Applicant: XXX
Confirmation ID: XXX

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.