Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

US Bank - Annual Fee Waiver / Retention Bonus - All cards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US Bank - Annual Fee Waiver / Retention Bonus - All cards

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2010, 2:54 pm
Original Poster

Post US Bank - Annual Fee Waiver / Retention Bonus - All cards

Hi,

My Flexperks annual fee is coming up soon. For my spending and travel patterns the Worldperks visa was worth the annual fee but the Flexperks is not. Has anyone had the annual fee waived or reduced?

How about switching to another US Bank Credit Card? Right now I thinking about the REI credit card. Someone mentioned that they call customer service and they "couldn't" switch the cards. I would rather not cancel the card and re-apply for another.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 4:49 pm

When I called to cancel mine they offered me to convert the card to a no annual fee card which would earn 1mile/$2.
vm81 likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 5:31 pm

Programs: AA 1mm, Starwood gd, BA, Delta, Cont, United, US air
I recieved a notice today mine was being waived due to over 24000 spend. I charged quite a few dollar coins before the quit gining points. Just got travelocity card so won't be using as much this year but will continue to charge gas at 2 point per dollar.rbc100
Old Feb 18, 2010, 6:21 am

Originally Posted by rbc100
I recieved a notice today mine was being waived due to over 24000 spend. I charged quite a few dollar coins before the quit gining points. Just got travelocity card so won't be using as much this year but will continue to charge gas at 2 point per dollar.rbc100
I got this notice also - annual fee waived. I am a big AMEX user, but use the Flexperks card for my business vendors who do not take AMEX. So far, so good. I've gotten 2 plane tickets without hassle, and I will be using it more often now since AMEX no longer is accepted by SW Air in their Rapid Rewards program (which is a key ingredient for me).
Old Feb 18, 2010, 5:42 pm

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by rbc100
Got the same brochure and notice. Good to go 'til early 2011 (kinda like hotel status), so no rush to use the usmint driven points until then. No chance in h*** I'll get 24k in spend on this card w/o the coin deal, however, so it'll be one more and done for the flexperks.
Old Feb 19, 2010, 2:23 pm

looks like everyone is getting it, i know i haven't spent the whole 24k this year...
good move on their part for sure, must show more love for exWP
Old May 19, 2010, 3:47 pm

Did everyone get fee waived? I just saw the charge on my card ... however, there is an option right next to it saying redeeming 3500 points to offset the annual fee, but when I click continue, I got "your annual fee is already waived because your spent over ... per year so NO need to redeem" even if I know "i did NOT spend that much and I DO see the charge on my statement"..
Old May 20, 2010, 7:54 am
Suspended

Programs: AA-EXP (3.3MM), AAirpass, SQ-PPS Solitaire, DL-PM (.777MM), SPG-Plat, HH-D
I also have this card since 2002 when it was worldperks and I used fly NW. I have not used this flexperks card for at least two years but have been paying the $49 fee bcs its my oldest card in my credit history and figure if I cancel it I will also loose 8 years of history with these folks. Does anyone know if I convert it to a no fee credit card if you loose your history with this card that might affect your credit rating in a negative way? Thanks
Old May 20, 2010, 6:37 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, SkyPesos peon
My $49 annual fee billed on my latest statement. I telephoned FlexPerks Customer Service, asking for options not to pay the annual fee. FlexPerks Customer Service volunteered a "bonus" of 3500 points, just for telephoning. She promised those "bonus" points would post on the June statement. Then, she transfered me to the FlexPerks Redemptions Department. For the same 3500 points which will be awarded as a bonus, I was able to pay the annual fee. This seems a bit convoluted, but the net result was payment of the annual fee without cost and without a sacrifice of points!
Old May 21, 2010, 11:01 am

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
Thanks, 2 for 2

Originally Posted by catdad
My $49 annual fee billed on my latest statement. I telephoned FlexPerks Customer Service, asking for options not to pay the annual fee. FlexPerks Customer Service volunteered a "bonus" of 3500 points, just for telephoning. She promised those "bonus" points would post on the June statement. Then, she transfered me to the FlexPerks Redemptions Department. For the same 3500 points which will be awarded as a bonus, I was able to pay the annual fee. This seems a bit convoluted, but the net result was payment of the annual fee without cost and without a sacrifice of points!
I just called. just like you said. They gave me 3500 bonus points just for asking to have the fee waived. I am still planning on getting another 3500 bonus points for meeting spend goal in May - June.
I hung up dialed CSR back , handed the phone to wife and she got the same offer.
We are happy, and US Bank can still say , "we do not waive the fee"
Old May 22, 2010, 8:12 am

Programs: AA LT Plat, AC 25K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by beachmiles
I just called. just like you said. They gave me 3500 bonus points just for asking to have the fee waived. I am still planning on getting another 3500 bonus points for meeting spend goal in May - June.
I hung up dialed CSR back , handed the phone to wife and she got the same offer.
We are happy, and US Bank can still say , "we do not waive the fee"
Same here, called in, and with barely any prodding was offered the 3500 points.
Old May 22, 2010, 9:29 pm

Programs: United Gold, BA Plat, Starwood Plat, Hilton Silver
I was denied annual fee waiver

I just called and the lady said they would not waive it. She said that I was offered (which was true) a 3,500 bonus if I spend 1,500 in May-June -- and that counts as the 3,500. I then asked about downgrading the card to the one w/o an annual fee, which she avoided answering and went back to you are already going to get the fee waived. I then asked clearly if there is a card that does not have an annual fee, and she said yes but that I have to apply for that card and that my current card cannot be converted. Should I call again and try to get someone else?
Old May 23, 2010, 6:00 am

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by novaguy30
I just called and the lady said they would not waive it. She said that I was offered (which was true) a 3,500 bonus if I spend 1,500 in May-June -- and that counts as the 3,500. I then asked about downgrading the card to the one w/o an annual fee, which she avoided answering and went back to you are already going to get the fee waived. I then asked clearly if there is a card that does not have an annual fee, and she said yes but that I have to apply for that card and that my current card cannot be converted. Should I call again and try to get someone else?
call again and please report back.
Old May 23, 2010, 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by nabeelj
Same here, called in, and with barely any prodding was offered the 3500 points.
What do you say over the phone? And did the CSR pull our your account and check it specially before giving out this bonus (so it could be specific to each account)? I called and was told there is no such promo for just phoning and asking.. (and they need mention that I have already subscribed the offer to get 3500 points by spending XXX dollars between May-Jun).. Just hoping to get both..

Thanks
Old May 23, 2010, 7:11 pm
ned

Programs: MTD pass holder
Originally Posted by novaguy30
Call again, I downgraded two days ago with no problem.

Last edited by ned; May 23, 2010 at 7:12 pm Reason: grammer

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.