Ana card usa

Subscribe
ANA is offering 5,000 miles after first purchase. $40 off the first year of annual fee...

is this a good time to apply for their card?
Has anyone seen better promotions from ANA for their USA credit card?

http://www.anacardusa.com/en_10_campaign_usa08.htm
As far as I recall its one of the best I've seen for this card.

However, the earning rate on this card is pretty standard. 1 mile per $1 isn't great. You would have to fly almost ANA exclusively, and use this card to supplement your ANA FF account. I could only see this because you fly primarily NH and want status on NH.

However if you were not flying only NH and wanted to earn miles to redeem for NH award tickets, there are alot better CC earning options to redeem for ANA flights.

UA MP for example. With a UA Select card you have the big signup bonus, 2mi/$1 at gas, groceries, restaurants, home improvement, 3mi/$1 for United.com purchases, and I think 2mi/$1 on "Star Alliance" purchases (still not sure exactly what qualifies). This card earning in United's program gets you to an award ticket on ANA, as a partner airline, alot faster than the ANA card.

Or if you wanted to put the miles directly in your ANA FF account, you could use the SPG Amex and earn effectively 1.25mi/$1, if you convert 20,000 SPG points at a time.

I'm sure the Continental CC has accelerated earning rates too. I'm not well versed and will let someone else explain CO.

I thought about the ANA Visa in the past, but the mileage earning rates were never competitive to the alternatives.
thank you for your reply, dko3tgk!

the SPG Amex sounds like a great choice. I do like the convinent of depositing miles directly in my ANA FF account, and a lot of options/benefits that is not only limited to ANA. Even though I usually fly ANA, but SPG's annual fee is only 45, compare to 70 with ANA USA Card.

Looks like a got a good bit of research to do. I also want to look at UA MP, but I am definitely not getting the ANA USA Card now.

Anyone else would like to weight in?