Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Will never understand CC companies…Denied…?

Will never understand CC companies…Denied…?

Old Jan 24, 2010, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by AEsco48
gallardo... let us know how it goes with that card.

Going to do what you said about paying it in full right before the statement closes... cant hurt... will just take a bit of extra time to pay it off twice... Thx
Just an update - the recon worked. The application was approved on Jan 20th. Not sure what the limit is yet, but I guess I'll get the card soon enough.

All I faxed in was a copy of my ID, a letter explaining that the card was paid and proof the amex charge card that was reporting was paid off. So the recon is worth it! No wasted inquiry!!
Old Jan 24, 2010, 9:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gallardo
Just an update - the recon worked. The application was approved on Jan 20th. Not sure what the limit is yet, but I guess I'll get the card soon enough.

All I faxed in was a copy of my ID, a letter explaining that the card was paid and proof the amex charge card that was reporting was paid off. So the recon is worth it! No wasted inquiry!!

Good to hear... your ID as in your drivers licence something?
Old Jan 24, 2010, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by AEsco48
Good to hear... your ID as in your drivers licence something?
Yes DL, they didn't ask for it though, all they asked for was proof that the card was paid off. However I've found it often helps the process.
Old Jan 24, 2010, 10:09 am

Amex called and said they could extend my credit limit if I sent them W2 / PFS. Sent it in and limit extended from $12K to $35K. But what was better is they started approving me for cards I had been rejected for before.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.