Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Unclear on cancellation policy

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2017, 7:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler,Hyatt-Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Club Carlson, National-Exec.
Unclear on cancellation policy

I have gotten multiple answers to this question from COPA and am unclear. I am hoping someone has experience and can shed light on it.

I purchased a non-refundable ticket and need to cancel my reservations.
I was told I can get a voucher for total amount that can be used later?
I was also told there is a fee assessed and then rest of the amount is given back in a voucher that can be used later?

Does anyone has experience and can shed some light what happens to the money paid if someone cancels their flight?

Thanks
Old Jul 24, 2017, 8:48 am

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
They keep the money and give you a flight credit minus change fees. You listed how it works yourself.

Your money is gone. Copa sells refundable fares as well if this happens often. I am on a Copa refundable C (J) fare in CA right now. If I decided not to go my travel agent would have obtained a refund to my credit card in about 2 days.

If I went with say a D or I fare and saved money, the cost/risk is that I would never get actual money and I would get a net credit usually good for a year to fly on Copa later.

Your e-ticket should have all the terms as to the fees, can be anywhere from a few dollars but often $100-$500 depending on the cabin and distance.

In this type of ticket be sure to tell them to cancel since a no-show will result in not only no refund but no voucher, just no value at all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.