Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Copa | ConnectMiles
Reload this Page >

Problem with UA awatd on Copa metal

Old Nov 28, 2015, 11:03 am
Original Poster

Got a UA award ticket on Copa metal for a friend flying OW UIO to SJO. At the Quito airport, Copa says reservation is cancelled. Logging in at UA shows the reservation as cancelled. Friend then purchased a coach ticket at the counter on the same exact itinerary for $1,135.

I called and wrote UA who says it was cancelled by Copa as a no show, UA offered to refund the miles and I could write for consideration of refunding the fees. Copa claims that the reservation was cancelled by UA, so they have nothing to answer for.

Anyone have any helpful suggestions?

Last edited by elusive1; Nov 28, 2015 at 11:08 am
Old Nov 28, 2015, 8:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by elusive1
Got a UA award ticket on Copa metal for a friend flying OW UIO to SJO. At the Quito airport, Copa says reservation is cancelled. Logging in at UA shows the reservation as cancelled. Friend then purchased a coach ticket at the counter on the same exact itinerary for $1,135.

I called and wrote UA who says it was cancelled by Copa as a no show, UA offered to refund the miles and I could write for consideration of refunding the fees. Copa claims that the reservation was cancelled by UA, so they have nothing to answer for.

Anyone have any helpful suggestions?
I wonder if UA canceled it as an overzealous anti-fraud measure. They've been on something of a rampage lately.

Stranded at Kiev - UA Cancels Award Ticket Due to Mistakenly Suspected Fraud.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 9:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kacee
I wonder if UA canceled it as an overzealous anti-fraud measure. They've been on something of a rampage lately.

Stranded at Kiev - UA Cancels Award Ticket Due to Mistakenly Suspected Fraud.
No, UA specifically said in writing that Copa said it was a no show
Old Jan 9, 2016, 3:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K M, AA 2 MM PREM, AVIS First, HYATT Explorist, Marriott Lifetime Platinum., Hilton Gold.
Get a printed copy of the record

Have a ticket agent at one of the airports print you a copy of the whole record and you can see who cancelled your reservations - COPA or UA.
Old Jan 9, 2016, 10:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ACC2008
Have a ticket agent at one of the airports print you a copy of the whole record and you can see who cancelled your reservations - COPA or UA.
Any idea how long it stays in the system

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.