$0.04 difference in fares

Old May 17, 2009, 2:57 pm
Original Poster

Location: out my front door 60 min prior to IAH flight until they increased the check in time to 45 min
Programs: CO Platinum or UA 1K for so long, now almost 2MM
$0.04 difference in fares

I have the flu so I changed my upcoming R/T to AMS. I thought it prudent. Don't think that my fellow PAX wanted to hear that I made a quick trip to Tijuna last week from SAN. I really think it is the plain normal flu. CO waived the change fee but charged me $0.04 difference in fare. Yes, that was 4 cents.
Old May 17, 2009, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OMNIArchist, OMNIArchy!, OMNIIDGAS
did you tell them...I'll get the pennies to you out of my shoe at the airport desk?
Old May 17, 2009, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA PLAT, SPG PLAT. Collector of Chase UR points
Better than the Int'l change fee IMO.
Old May 17, 2009, 3:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Changes in exchange rates mean changes in some taxes that are calculated in foreign currencies. That four cents is almost certainly a conversion from Euro that has changed.

The real question is just how much it costs CO to process a CC transaction for that amount.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.