Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

BF 2for1 For Continental Credit Card Members - 100 Free Miles For Looking

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2009, 12:53 am
Original Poster

http://www.continental.com/web/en-US...s/default.aspx
Click the BusinessFirst 2 for 1 sale

Or the Direct Link (if it works):
http://www.continental.com/web/en-US...omoCode=TB7M55

Also just for reading it & registering, you get 100 free miles (until April 30th). Not sure if you need to be a cardmember to get the 100 miles.

Last edited by quantumslip; Mar 17, 2009 at 12:58 am Reason: Updated direct link, text
Old Mar 17, 2009, 8:06 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Gold (Current Platinum), United Mileage Plus, Avis Preferred
I just registered, and I will post back when my 100 bonus miles post to my account.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 8:09 am

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1.3MM Gold, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott L-T Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by JohnneeO
I just registered, and I will post back when my 100 bonus miles post to my account.
+1
Old Mar 17, 2009, 8:54 am

Programs: MileagePlus Platinum, topbonus Gold
Agh!

Thanks for posting this! I just bought a ticket Friday that would have qualified for this promotion, but didn't know anything about it (or clearly would have waited until today) . . . I'm guessing there's no chance I'll ever convince CO/Chase to consider retroactively applying it to my itinerary, right? Maybe I should go check out the cancellation penalties for my existing flights and consider rebooking... Any suggestions? Thanks again!
Old Mar 17, 2009, 8:57 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, DL Diamond, NK Gold, Mariott LT Plat/Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold
Thanks for posting this link.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 8:58 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro
Isn't this the same deal as AMEX 2 for 1?
Old Mar 17, 2009, 9:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by NDtraveler
Isn't this the same deal as AMEX 2 for 1?
CO no longer participates in the AmEx program.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by COmitted
Thanks for posting this! I just bought a ticket Friday that would have qualified for this promotion, but didn't know anything about it (or clearly would have waited until today) . . . I'm guessing there's no chance I'll ever convince CO/Chase to consider retroactively applying it to my itinerary, right? Maybe I should go check out the cancellation penalties for my existing flights and consider rebooking... Any suggestions? Thanks again!
If you booked a qualifying fare it should be an A fare and should be fully refundable.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 9:35 am

Interesting fine print from the CO website:

Mileage Accrual : Paid ticket only
Old Mar 17, 2009, 9:45 am

Has 2 for 1 for full fare J ever been a good deal? If a FF J is 9K but you can buy a discount J for 2.5K then where is the savings?

I think this was designed for people that work at AIG that can buy FF J tickets and have the company pay for it and then take their wife for free.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by Lurker1999
Interesting fine print from the CO website:

Mileage Accrual : Paid ticket only
On the Amex Deal- BOTH tickets got the miles.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by IAH Oil Man
On the Amex Deal- BOTH tickets got the miles.
They weren't supposed to according to the T&C published by AmEx. If they did that was a fluke.
Originally Posted by IAH Oil Man
Has 2 for 1 for full fare J ever been a good deal? If a FF J is 9K but you can buy a discount J for 2.5K then where is the savings?

I think this was designed for people that work at AIG that can buy FF J tickets and have the company pay for it and then take their wife for free.
There are times where it is valuable. They are when you cannot meet the limitations of the discounted fare (minimum stay, advance purchase, etc.), when you need the flexibility of a refundable fare rather than a restricted fare or - in very few circumstances - where there were actually fares published that were better than 2x discounted fares. Those were few and far between, but I found a few on CO last year. Of course, they were on EUA-eligible routes so not worth the extra costs for the 2-4-1 deal over cheap coach and a free upgrade, but that's a whole different story.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
it also only books into A while the fare is J.
J is often $$$$$$$$ more than others
Old Mar 17, 2009, 10:29 am

Programs: UA Priemier Gold
Signed up and successfully registered but getting some weird co.com error while trying to search it out....at least it's 100 miles
Old Mar 17, 2009, 11:10 am

Programs: UA Million Miler, Lifetime United Club member
The fine print is confusing; in one spot it specifies J fare, and further down it mentions A fare. For EWR - ATH, J is $8K and A is $2.6K. So no bargain if it's limited to J.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.