Wiki Posts
Search

Elite Status Match on Continental?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2009, 7:40 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Elite Status Match on Continental?

Yes, I did try to search for this in the Stickies, but did not find any answers!

Will CO match status for an AA Executive Platinum (>100K miles/year)? If yes, what level will they match it to - Silver, Gold or Platinum?

Is there an e-mail address one could write to regarding this? How long does it take between a match request and the decision / matching?
Old Feb 10, 2009, 7:42 pm

Location: Clinging to the edifices of a decadent past from the biggest city in America nobody really cares about.
Programs: (ಠ_ಠ)
Yes.

IIRC the Status Match Master Thread has the details.
Old Feb 10, 2009, 7:43 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver
Continental will match you to Platinum status. It is generally recommended that you e-mail them.

Fax, email, or mail the following information:
  • Full Name
  • OnePass Account Number
  • Current Address
  • Current Phone Number
  • A copy of the most recent statement from the other airline showing status and current mileage
  • A copy of your current elite card from the other airline

OA Match Request
P.O. Box 4757
Houston, TX 77210-4757
Fax: 713-324-3702
[email protected]
Subject: OA Match
Old Feb 13, 2009, 10:14 pm

With the NW/DL merger, is the former anti-poaching policy dead now? Can I get a CO match to my NW status? I've been flying CO metal for the past several years, but being forced to book through a TA, so was using my WP# to get status & miles, because CO wouldn't give me credit for anything I didn't book on co.com. Since I'm back to self-booking, I'd like to start using my OP# again, and I'm getting tired of dragging out my WP card to prove to the GA's I'm elite when it's time to board every week...
Old Feb 13, 2009, 10:22 pm

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence, Hyatt Eliteist, AA Super Plutonium
Originally Posted by holland
With the NW/DL merger, is the former anti-poaching policy dead now? Can I get a CO match to my NW status? I've been flying CO metal for the past several years, but being forced to book through a TA, so was using my WP# to get status & miles, because CO wouldn't give me credit for anything I didn't book on co.com. Since I'm back to self-booking, I'd like to start using my OP# again, and I'm getting tired of dragging out my WP card to prove to the GA's I'm elite when it's time to board every week...
Yes, they will match you. Tell them skyteam just isn't going to work for you anymore now that CO is leaving and you want to shift all of your business back to CO.
Old Feb 14, 2009, 3:43 am

Programs: UA Explorer card, AA Plat, Copa Plat, IHG Plat,
How Long Does It take them

What is the normal time frame for CO. to tell you their decision after you have emailed them all the info?
Old Feb 14, 2009, 5:17 am

Programs: UA Premier Silver, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver
It usually takes 1-2 business days.
Old Feb 14, 2009, 8:39 am

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence, Hyatt Eliteist, AA Super Plutonium
Originally Posted by rrohio
What is the normal time frame for CO. to tell you their decision after you have emailed them all the info?
People have reported that it sometimes happens within hours.

Does anyone know when the cutoff is to get an "extra" year? Is it June 15 or July 1?
Old Feb 14, 2009, 12:41 pm

It is June 1st
Old Feb 14, 2009, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by bmw303
It is June 1st
Does this mean that if you match over on May 30 you keep the status until Feb 2011?
Old Feb 14, 2009, 6:03 pm

Programs: UA Silv; Hyatt Plat, Priority Club, SPG G, HHonors G, Marriott S; Hertz 5*; AA, WN, Pan Am!
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Does this mean that if you match over on May 30 you keep the status until Feb 2011?
I am not advised, so take this with a grain of salt, but I would think it means that if you match on May 30, 2009, you're only good until Feb 28, 2010... whereas matching June 1, 2009 would make you good until Feb 28, 2011.

(The idea being that if you match early in the year, you have time to qualify in your own right for the following year, but if you match late in the year, you won't have time to qualify through activity for the following year).
Old Oct 5, 2009, 7:21 am

Programs: AY plat, EB gold, LH Sen
Mrs. mahajanvikas applied for a status match and was comped to Elite on One-pass. The card arrived today, however it states the validity only till feb 2010!
She does have an email from cust serv stating that her Elite status will be valid till feb 2011.
She applied for the match in September and it was done in a couple of days.

Will she get another card which will be valid till feb 2011 or should the cust serv be contacted again or anything else?
Old Oct 5, 2009, 8:27 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
Originally Posted by mahajanvikas
Mrs. mahajanvikas applied for a status match and was comped to Elite on One-pass. The card arrived today, however it states the validity only till feb 2010!
She does have an email from cust serv stating that her Elite status will be valid till feb 2011.
She applied for the match in September and it was done in a couple of days.

Will she get another card which will be valid till feb 2011 or should the cust serv be contacted again or anything else?
everyone's card says until 2010. She will get a new card in February. Keep the email just in case.
Old Oct 5, 2009, 8:57 am

Programs: NW/DL GE, CO GE
Originally Posted by holland
As a side note, CO is changing it's policy for partial EQMs at the end of this month, so you will get full EQMs even if you don't self-book.
Old Oct 5, 2009, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by njcommodore
everyone's card says until 2010. She will get a new card in February. Keep the email just in case.
Actually, she'll get a new card sometime this month as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.