Wiki Posts
Search

Group stuck on tour bus

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2009, 6:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Group stuck on tour bus

LOL, the tour bus driver from the Marriott IAH got seriouly lost trying to take us to the hangar event tonight. About 20 of us got a nice long tour of N Houston
Old Feb 7, 2009, 7:08 pm

Programs: Choice Hotels/FFOCUS
Originally Posted by dvs7310
LOL, the tour bus driver from the Marriott IAH got seriouly lost trying to take us to the hangar event tonight. About 20 of us got a nice long tour of N Houston
Old Feb 7, 2009, 7:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, Penalty Box 2K, PWP Posting Unit 9
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

Holy crap am I glad I drove.
Old Feb 7, 2009, 10:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
It's better than getting stuck on an elevator for an hour, like one of the Headquarters Tour groups. But at least they got some miles out of the deal!
Old Feb 7, 2009, 10:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OMNIArchist, OMNIArchy!, OMNIIDGAS
?? Thisd was one of the CO scheduled shuttles or a Marriott operated?
Old Feb 8, 2009, 7:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Originally Posted by Steph3n
?? Thisd was one of the CO scheduled shuttles or a Marriott operated?
Yes it sure was one of the CO scheduled busses. It was the driver's first trip from the hotel to the hangar. Turns out it really shouldn't have been more than about a 5 minute trip.
Old Feb 8, 2009, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dvs7310
Yes it sure was one of the CO scheduled busses. It was the driver's first trip from the hotel to the hangar. Turns out it really shouldn't have been more than about a 5 minute trip.
right, the Marriott was the close hotel(from the hangar event, and inflight/maintenance/chealsea) It didn't take long to drop people off there last night.

incredible that the driver would get lost
Old Feb 8, 2009, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: National Executive Elite, none of the others matter
The occupants of that bus (especially row 1) should have been saying "the hangars are out east - pretend you're going to 59".
Old Feb 8, 2009, 10:24 am

Programs: Delta Gold
LOL ... yeah, I was on that tour of the backside of IAH. I was immersed in a conversation with my seatmate when someone yell out "Where the hell are you taking us???". At that point I looked out to see that we were in the middle of nowhere. Oh well, we did make it in time for the festivities and I had a great conversation.
Old Feb 8, 2009, 11:10 am

Programs: CoFounder and Chairman, FFOCUS (Frequent Flyers Organized and concerned about Unacceptable Service.
I am the one who fired up the GPS and shouted the directions to the driver--thanks go to those who relayed my instructions........at least we got there.....
Old Feb 8, 2009, 9:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Originally Posted by Art234
I am the one who fired up the GPS and shouted the directions to the driver--thanks go to those who relayed my instructions........at least we got there.....
I wondered why you showed up so late!
Old Feb 8, 2009, 10:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am laughing again about this one still hilarious!
Old Feb 9, 2009, 8:11 am

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond
Bus driver?

Huge ^^^^^^ to CO for taking care of our ground transportation. It saved time and money and I am very thankful!

But maybe it was just the luck of the draw with the buses I had, but wouldn't it make sense to have drivers familiar with the area and have experience driving a bus? On one trip, I thought I was on a demolition derby (we hit trees, brushed cars, jumped curbs, took out a sign, etc.) and on another, the driver managed to get us lost within the grounds of IAH...not just once, but twice.
Old Feb 9, 2009, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Weatherboy
Huge ^^^^^^ to CO for taking care of our ground transportation. It saved time and money and I am very thankful!

But maybe it was just the luck of the draw with the buses I had, but wouldn't it make sense to have drivers familiar with the area and have experience driving a bus? On one trip, I thought I was on a demolition derby (we hit trees, brushed cars, jumped curbs, took out a sign, etc.) and on another, the driver managed to get us lost within the grounds of IAH...not just once, but twice.
WOW! Sounds like you got the best of the worst. I had good drivers on my bus each time, in fact the hangar was to tight for them to turn in and drop us off, so he backed all the way in perfectly.
Old Feb 9, 2009, 11:21 am

One of my jobs was to assist with loading the buses to the Hangar Party. I got on the last big bus (at around 7ish) and then I got off to use the hotel bathroom. Imagine my surprise when I returned to the front of the hotel to watch my bus depart without me! Pay backs are a b!tch....gate agent left behind by customers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.