Wiki Posts
Search

Air France Reward Inventory on CO.com!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2007, 12:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hughw
Looks good, but there's problems. I have a return award flight CDG-AMS0EWR booked presently. I see a Business award available online on AF direct CDG-EWR at 40,000 miles. I called the elite desk and they said they couldn;t see it as available and to try the CO,com support desk. They could see it but said it would book in to X class (coach) at 25,000 miles. I have no problem with whether its 40,000 miles or 50,000 miles (although they should get their act together on the award charts for this), but I would like to book this flight and don't seem to be able to. Any thoughts?
The entries showing for 40K are booking into Y, not into J. Not sure why, but that's what it is. I was thinking that it might be related to the type of aircraft and whether it has 2 or 3 classes of service, but I hadn't actually spent the time to figure it out yet.
Old Sep 24, 2007, 1:01 pm

Programs: UA Gold, CO Plat, CO Million Miler
Originally Posted by sbm12
The entries showing for 40K are booking into Y, not into J. Not sure why, but that's what it is. I was thinking that it might be related to the type of aircraft and whether it has 2 or 3 classes of service, but I hadn't actually spent the time to figure it out yet.

It's still weird. First of all, the flight in question is a 2 class aircraft (coach and business). Second, CO's Series 6 award charts show 3 standard RT awards: economy at 50K, Business at 80K, and First/BusinessFirst at 100K. So technically, although we know there's little chance of them honoring it, Business on AF should be at 80K and that correlates with the CO award website. And Y should be at 50K, not 80K. So all that means, until the work out the kinks, it appears that this "enhancement" is useless for checking on or booking award Business class on AF.
Old Sep 24, 2007, 1:25 pm

Programs: CO Gold Elite, BA Blue, for the moment - Hyatt Gold Passport, Priority Club, Marriott etc etc
It's still weird. First of all, the flight in question is a 2 class aircraft (coach and business). Second, CO's Series 6 award charts show 3 standard RT awards: economy at 50K, Business at 80K, and First/BusinessFirst at 100K. So technically, although we know there's little chance of them honoring it, Business on AF should be at 80K and that correlates with the CO award website. And Y should be at 50K, not 80K. So all that means, until the work out the kinks, it appears that this "enhancement" is useless for checking on or booking award Business class on AF.
I'm having the same trouble - 25K and 40K both booking into Economy (X). This needs to be worked out ASAP
Old Sep 24, 2007, 2:10 pm

Programs: The local deli gives me 1 free sandwich after I buy 10
This is unusual to see business class to Paris in May and June using only 80,000 miles. Continental is usually 100,000+ for first and 50,000 for coach and often very hard to find availability in Spring months. Green on calendar usually means available dates.

After booking a couple of flights co web help says it is a mistake and the flights are actually booking in coach even though the column is in Business/first.
Nothing they can do except report it!

Last edited by Clincher; Sep 24, 2007 at 2:25 pm
Old Sep 24, 2007, 2:22 pm

Programs: The local deli gives me 1 free sandwich after I buy 10
Looks good, but there's problems. ..... book in to X class ....Any thoughts?
There is nothing that can be done. It may look good initially (I must say it is beautiful to see all of the green) but on the final page it is in X class (JFK-CDG). Hardly first/business class in AF!
Old Sep 24, 2007, 5:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Clincher
There is nothing that can be done. It may look good initially (I must say it is beautiful to see all of the green) but on the final page it is in X class (JFK-CDG). Hardly first/business class in AF!
If you find one with a 50K reward then those book into O, which is the AF J reward bucket. You might still need to phone in the reservation to make sure that they only take out the 40K each way, but it is possible to use the website to find the availability. I am seeing the 50K rewards on a bunch of JFK-CDG and on the IAH-CDG, basically everything except the 744.

The other interesting bit I just realized is that slEasyPass is also available on the AF metal now. Not a great deal, especially since there seems to be so much regular availability, but previously is was only available on CO and NW metal, so this is another big step in the right direction.
Old Sep 24, 2007, 6:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kommissar Giga-Posting Direktor, PWP; Fasano Nouveau Aristocrat; CO Platinum; BD Gold; MR Gold
There are problems with a new co.com feature? Shocking.
Old Sep 24, 2007, 7:37 pm

Programs: CO Plat/MM, PClub Plat, HHnrs Gold, MRwds Silver, SPG Silver
multiple destination reward search available too!

It looks like there is multiple destination reward search available too! In the past, this was not an option with continental.com. And thus virtually every reward ticket my wife and I ever booked was done by calling in (since we usually do open-jaws, in one destination and out of another).
Old Sep 24, 2007, 8:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Originally Posted by ElkeNorEast
I'm having the same trouble - 25K and 40K both booking into Economy (X). This needs to be worked out ASAP
Looks like Buyer Beware on this one until they get it straightened out.

Would it have been that hard to have tested to see that this worked correctly before it went live?
Old Sep 24, 2007, 8:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Renard
Would it have been that hard to have tested to see that this worked correctly before it went live?
Apparently so. Remember the FT user beta website that was supposed to launch in the spring?? CO still hasn't figured that one out
Old Sep 24, 2007, 8:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
dup sorry
Old Sep 25, 2007, 1:35 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
If you find one with a 50K reward then those book into O, which is the AF J reward bucket. You might still need to phone in the reservation to make sure that they only take out the 40K each way, but it is possible to use the website to find the availability. I am seeing the 50K rewards on a bunch of JFK-CDG and on the IAH-CDG, basically everything except the 744.
Incorrect. AF TATL J awards are 50k. Doesn't matter what the award charts say, the only TATL J awards at 40k are on KLM. There was a lot of discussion about this on the threads about the lousy award charts.

In some ways it is sort of refreshing. If all J products are the same as BF, maybe CO can stop pretending that BF is a FC equivalent product.
Old Sep 25, 2007, 5:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pbarnette
Incorrect. AF TATL J awards are 50k. Doesn't matter what the award charts say, the only TATL J awards at 40k are on KLM. There was a lot of discussion about this on the threads about the lousy award charts.

In some ways it is sort of refreshing. If all J products are the same as BF, maybe CO can stop pretending that BF is a FC equivalent product.
Thanks. Just goes to show how confusing the charts are, I guess. I read the posts before from CO Insider and still can't keep it all straight.

Anyways, the main point still holds, which is that when searching it is important to be looking for the 50K eaach way seats, as those do book into the correct class for AF J.
Old Sep 25, 2007, 7:00 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
Thanks. Just goes to show how confusing the charts are, I guess. I read the posts before from CO Insider and still can't keep it all straight.

Anyways, the main point still holds, which is that when searching it is important to be looking for the 50K eaach way seats, as those do book into the correct class for AF J.
All of this makes me wonder what kind of PR nightmare CO could be in for, if someone wants to buy one of these 80k tickets (which seem to book into Y). I mean, the average user could easily see the 80k on the award chart, see it on the booking screen (labeled J) and not know/care what the fare code is.

Then again, I wouldn't be shocked if these aren't even ticketable, but I don't want to risk trying it just to find out.
Old Sep 25, 2007, 8:37 am

Programs: UA Gold, CO Plat, CO Million Miler
I'm platinum with plenty of miles in my account so I made a test reservation to see what would happen knowing that I could get a complete refund and redeposit when I cancelled it out. Sure enough, the 40,000 miles booked into Y which obviously could have been purchased for 25,000 miles. Between the supposedly inaccurate Series 6 award chart indicating that business is 40,000 miles and the web site, this is going to be a train wreck with a lot of p---off people unless CO straigtens it out. I can even imagine someone booking a flight and not noticing that it booked in Y and getting a big suprise when they boarded their flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.