Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Are you serious with this FC breakfast? hilarious!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Are you serious with this FC breakfast? hilarious!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2010, 5:53 am
Suspended

Programs: CO Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by channa
Perhaps with the merger, they can bring the shorter-haul catering levels up to UA standards. Even on flights of this duration, the UA breakfast is the full egg/omelette plate. That, and the return of tray table linens would be nice.
HA! UA, the airline that tried to charge business class passengers for meals, and then had to back down?:

http://www.consumertraveler.com/toda...ers-for-meals/

Let's face it, between the idiotic charging for certain drinks in CO F, and UA's general low caliber approach to the world, the combined carrier is going to be less than US.
Old Oct 13, 2010, 6:03 am

Programs: AA/UA/DL
Originally Posted by gawhite411
HA! UA, the airline that tried to charge business class passengers for meals, and then had to back down?:

http://www.consumertraveler.com/toda...ers-for-meals/
Have you noticed what date was the "News" and what kind of economy
situation that UA was facing?
The meal now is free for business class passengers.

Originally Posted by gawhite411
Let's face it, between the idiotic charging for certain drinks in CO F, and UA's general low caliber approach to the world, the combined carrier is going to be less than US.
I think I agree this.....let's see...
Old Oct 13, 2010, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by pigx5
Have you noticed what date was the "News" and what kind of economy
The meal now is free for business class passengers.

That, and it was not a pay BOB, it was a free BOB in domestic business. Plus, after getting negative feedback on the announcement I think it never got off the ground.

When's the last time CO backtracked on an announced negative change before it was implemented? They're too full of themselves to do that, they'd just go through with it and keep it going (like the current pillows and pay for drinks situation).
Old Oct 13, 2010, 8:17 am
Suspended

Programs: CO Plat, SPG Gold
[QUOTE=pigx5;14936946]Have you noticed what date was the "News" and what kind of economy

QUOTE]

Yes, I did. That's why I said announced this and then had to back down. Have you noticed where I said "and then had to back down"?
Old Oct 13, 2010, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by controller1
That's certainly not the breakfast that was offered Monday 10/11 on IAH-EWR. I had scrambled eggs, sausage, ham, hash browns, fruit, yogurt, and a cinnamon roll. The alternative was cereal instead of the eggs, sausage, ham, and hash browns.

It was very good.
Had that on IAH-EWR as well last month.
Old Oct 13, 2010, 9:23 am

Programs: Alas, the Gravy Train Hath Ended...just happy to be an OW Sapphire and a ST Ivory...whatever
I got the same government cheese bagel on AUS-EWR last week....bleech!
Old Oct 13, 2010, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by theblakefish
I got the same government cheese bagel on AUS-EWR last week....bleech!
This is always served on the 6A PBI-IAH flight and I enjoy this Bagelwich
Old Oct 13, 2010, 9:32 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
It's probably healthier than the greasy biscuit sandwich that has been served on routes of this duration in the past, although 'healthy' is entirely subjective.

I think the cereal is a better play here.
Old Oct 13, 2010, 9:35 am

Programs: Alas, the Gravy Train Hath Ended...just happy to be an OW Sapphire and a ST Ivory...whatever
Originally Posted by EWR764
It's probably healthier than the greasy biscuit sandwich that has been served on routes of this duration in the past, although 'healthy' is entirely subjective.

I think the cereal is a better play here.
I agree, but it would be nice to have the option of the famous Chelsea cheeseburger instead of the bagelwich! :-:
Old Oct 13, 2010, 10:32 am

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
Perhaps with the merger, they can bring the shorter-haul catering levels up to UA standards. Even on flights of this duration, the UA breakfast is the full egg/omelette plate. That, and the return of tray table linens would be nice.
On a just-over-two-hour UA flight last week, I got a warm mini-muffin and a choice of piece of fruit, dropped on the linen, plateless.
Old Oct 13, 2010, 12:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Hmmm if Delta can serve this breakfast in F, what's going on at CO?

Old Oct 13, 2010, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by bocastephen

FYI, that looks very similar to the new UA brekky (with a pasty subbed in for a bagel).
Old Oct 13, 2010, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K

In fairness, DL has a higher meal threshold than CO. Their shorter meal threshold is cereal only, and their non-meal flight is snackbox only. Where DL stands out is in their RJ service. They do the cold meal service on their RJs with F. This includes china, glassware, etc. This is much nicer than UA's snackbox in RJ F with plastic cups, and of course much much better than CO's all-Economy RJs.

UA has similar meal thresholds to CO, but a more standardized offering. UA does the full breakfast on the short-haul breakfast flights as well as mid-con flights. Similarly, UA does the snack basket on no meal flights, whereas CO does pretzels. Between meal flights on UA get a hot sandwich and side salad (these on CO would be the "cold plate" flights).

That's why I think UA should be model going forward for the shorter-hauls. Transcon and Int'l J, CO does better.

Originally Posted by Alpha Golf
On a just-over-two-hour UA flight last week, I got a warm mini-muffin and a choice of piece of fruit, dropped on the linen, plateless.
What was the market? I know on SFO-DEN or SJC-DEN it's always the regular "breakfast." That's about two hours, though it's probably blocked at a bit more. Sounds like you were under the threshold, which would be a "snack basket" flight.
Old Oct 13, 2010, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite

CO serves something similar on many domestic F breakfast flights.
Old Oct 13, 2010, 3:33 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
What was the market? I know on SFO-DEN or SJC-DEN it's always the regular "breakfast." That's about two hours, though it's probably blocked at a bit more. Sounds like you were under the threshold, which would be a "snack basket" flight.
BWI-ORD, scheduled at 2:08.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.