Wiki Posts
Search

Virgin American partner ?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2010, 10:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: Continental Elite Plat
Virgin American partner ?

This question might have been asked previously , but in my searches wasn't able to find an answer.

With VAM offering service between SEA and DFW starting in December, curious if there is any plans for VAM to be added to the airline partners ? I know Virgin Atlantic already is .. but wasn't sure if that includes VAM flights?

Oh and also a big thank you to Continental for adding miles to my balance for the medical diversion a few months back. Unexpected but appreciated.

Will
Old Aug 27, 2010, 10:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Nope. Not gonna happen. And I'm not sure why SEA-DFW would drive such a partnership since DFW is hte hub for AAnother AAirline.
Old Aug 27, 2010, 11:01 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus dirt (former hard-way Silver); AS Mileage Plan MVP; Hilton Honors Silver
Seems unlikely. Branson has gone on record as being opposed to alliances (although not necessarily partnerships, since CO & VS have a partnership); he's more likely to set up a "Virgin Worldwide Network", bringing Virgin Atlantic, Virgin America, and Virgin Blue together with a common FF program & codeshare/interline agreement.
Old Aug 27, 2010, 11:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: Continental Elite Plat
Thanks ..

This is why I love this forum , quick responses .. thanks.
When I spoke of partner airlines it was on the FF program and maybe codeshare, similar to VA is now. It would be nice to have another option into DFW other than AA , and aquire FF miles. Alaska being a great option.
Old Aug 27, 2010, 1:32 pm

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, BD..oh, wait..
Virgin Atlantic and Virgin America are seperate entities too - so what VS does, it doesn't nessecarily follow that Virgin America would do or be involved with.
Old Aug 27, 2010, 1:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by colmc
Virgin Atlantic and Virgin America are seperate entities too - so what VS does, it doesn't nessecarily follow that Virgin America would do or be involved with.
True, though the two did just establish FF reciprocity (at mostly horrible rates, but still).
Old Aug 28, 2010, 9:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat.
Since Virgin America has a primary hub in the same place as one of United's most important hubs (SFO) and thus competes against UA on nearly every single route (I think SFO/LAX-FLL is the only one they don't go head-to-head on)...it doesn't seem like it'd be in CO's best interest to form an alliance with them.
Old Aug 29, 2010, 12:39 pm

Programs: UA 1MM (and no longer flying much)
Originally Posted by JohnnyJet
Since Virgin America has a primary hub in the same place as one of United's most important hubs (SFO) and thus competes against UA on nearly every single route (I think SFO/LAX-FLL is the only one they don't go head-to-head on)...it doesn't seem like it'd be in CO's best interest to form an alliance with them.
Exactly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.