Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Donate miles to charity - even ONE mile counts!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2010, 6:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, UA

Did a search but couldn't find an existing thread, so here it goes:

I was looking to close my orphan CO account, having have zero flight with them for ages and it's gonna be UA anyway.

Had a few hundred miles in balance. Wasn't interested in magazines offered so jumped to the charity donation page. Amazing CO lets us donate as few as ONE mile! For some reason it wouldn't allow donation to American Red Cross,, saying the quota had been full . So I made mileage donations in single and double digits to the rest.

I was pretty impressed, and glad I had a perfect closure with Onepass
Old Jul 24, 2010, 7:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Without knowing what valuation is placed on the miles I'd be wary. It could be like the HH donation fiasco where they are horribly undervaluing the points but taking the tax deduction and removing the liability from their books anyways.

The CO points don't expire anyways and likely will eventually be merged with your UA account when the merger closes. No need to act on them unless you really, really want to.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.