Teh Penalty Box

Old Jul 8, 2010, 10:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: PWP Postmaster General, :rolleyes: Sapphire, UA GS, and Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by FT Lurker
gnite box

Originally Posted by cavs.com
Open Letter to Fans from Cavaliers Majority Owner Dan Gilbert

Dear Cleveland, All Of Northeast Ohio and Cleveland Cavaliers Supporters Wherever You May Be Tonight;

As you now know, our former hero, who grew up in the very region that he deserted this evening, is no longer a Cleveland Cavalier.

This was announced with a several day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating with a national TV special of his "decision" unlike anything ever "witnessed" in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment.

Clearly, this is bitterly disappointing to all of us.

The good news is that the ownership team and the rest of the hard-working, loyal, and driven staff over here at your hometown Cavaliers have not betrayed you nor NEVER will betray you.

There is so much more to tell you about the events of the recent past and our more than exciting future. Over the next several days and weeks, we will be communicating much of that to you.

You simply don't deserve this kind of cowardly betrayal.

You have given so much and deserve so much more.

In the meantime, I want to make one statement to you tonight:

"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER ‘KING’ WINS ONE"

You can take it to the bank.

If you thought we were motivated before tonight to bring the hardware to Cleveland, I can tell you that this shameful display of selfishness and betrayal by one of our very own has shifted our "motivation" to previously unknown and previously never experienced levels.

Some people think they should go to heaven but NOT have to die to get there.

Sorry, but that's simply not how it works.

This shocking act of disloyalty from our home grown "chosen one" sends the exact opposite lesson of what we would want our children to learn. And "who" we would want them to grow-up to become.

But the good news is that this heartless and callous action can only serve as the antidote to the so-called "curse" on Cleveland, Ohio.

The self-declared former "King" will be taking the "curse" with him down south. And until he does "right" by Cleveland and Ohio, James (and the town where he plays) will unfortunately own this dreaded spell and bad karma.

Just watch.

Sleep well, Cleveland.

Tomorrow is a new and much brighter day....

I PROMISE you that our energy, focus, capital, knowledge and experience will be directed at one thing and one thing only:

DELIVERING YOU the championship you have long deserved and is long overdue....

Dan Gilbert
Majority Owner
Cleveland Cavaliers

Old Jul 8, 2010, 10:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Pleb, HH Gold, PWP General Secretary
Originally Posted by FT Lurker
Cavs.com
I like the letter, it's feisty.
Old Jul 8, 2010, 10:12 pm

At LAX after a very enjoyable dinner with mnmag and Trustguy + Lisa. ^

Trustguy even drove me to LAX, which is above and beyond the call of duty and deserves special and public thanks.

The beer selection in the LAX RCC is surprisingly good, and better than the last time I was here.

Now to the circus...

Originally Posted by MBM3
OH I AM SO EFFIN TICKED OFF THAT THE ARROGANT ....... PUT US THROUGH THIS CIRCUS. LOYALTY BE DAMNED~
+1

Originally Posted by radonc1
Hey, think of the bright side. Getting tickets to the games will be much easier and cheaper
You will probably have to go to Seattle or Las Vegas to do it, though. The Cavs, without LeBron, go back to being a distant #3 on the Cleveland sports scene, and I predict they move out of town within 10 years.

Now I can stop caring about basketball. I wonder whether the Indians' attendance (which is terrible, even for a team as bad as they are) will get a bump.
Old Jul 8, 2010, 10:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Under the Liberty Visual to 27L at PHL. Stranger in a strange land - a Devils fan in Flyers country.
Programs: PWP Le Chancelier des Clefs d'Or || Sarcasm, Anti-Stupidity, Obscure References top tier member.
carvalh2, you wouldn't, per chance, happened to have attended Philadelphia University, formerly known as Philadelphia College of Textiles and Sciences?
Old Jul 8, 2010, 10:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-PLT Pro 1.9 MM, Hyatt-Explorer, Marriott-Gold, Super 8--Formica
Home from airport -- very easy drive (avoiding freeway on way home).

Great dinner in Westwood tonight. ^ Here's to more Box dinners/events here in LA in the future. :-:
Old Jul 8, 2010, 10:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ConciergeMike
carvalh2, you wouldn't, per chance, happened to have attended Philadelphia University, formerly known as Philadelphia College of Textiles and Sciences?
I believe the school with the old name actually had a track team when I was in college.
Old Jul 8, 2010, 10:20 pm

Originally Posted by Trustguy
I believe the school with the old name actually had a track team when I was in college.
They also had a pretty good soccer team in the old days. I remember seeing them play U Conn for the national championship when I was in junior high.
Old Jul 8, 2010, 10:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Under the Liberty Visual to 27L at PHL. Stranger in a strange land - a Devils fan in Flyers country.
Programs: PWP Le Chancelier des Clefs d'Or || Sarcasm, Anti-Stupidity, Obscure References top tier member.
Originally Posted by Trustguy
My fiancee has some kind of belief that she knows carvalh2. She seems to think that they are graduates of the school a few years apart, but in between their commencements, the name of the school changed.
Old Jul 8, 2010, 10:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ConciergeMike
My fiancee has some kind of belief that she knows carvalh2. She seems to think that they are graduates of the school a few years apart, but in between their commencements, the name of the school changed.
My teammates and I had some amusing names for the school. None of them are particularly funny any more. I seem to remember we ran against them, among other teams, at the Delaware State relays back in 1984 or 1985.
Old Jul 8, 2010, 10:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Night, Box.
Old Jul 8, 2010, 10:33 pm

Title of a post on sbm12's blog: "A fun way to go for status on US Airways"

Any way to obtain status on US Airways that actually requires flying US Airways is, by definition, not fun.
Old Jul 8, 2010, 10:36 pm

I must be insane. I booked a real vacation with the UA TWARE fare to SYD (6 nights), a short pseudo-mileage run to MEL (2 nights) and the coupe de grace a same-day turn to SYD in November. On the other hand I think I have the CO SWUs wrapped up at this point in time.
Old Jul 8, 2010, 10:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Phudnik
Title of a post on sbm12's blog: "A fun way to go for status on US Airways"

Any way to obtain status on US Airways that actually requires flying US Airways is, by definition, not fun.
J Edward's itinerary in PB2 is epic to get status/RDM's on AA. I got a serious from GF for that one.
Old Jul 8, 2010, 10:44 pm

Programs: Priceline Blood Diamond Elite. Peon on DL, AA, UA, US, and WN.
Originally Posted by colpuck
American Airlines announces doubling of all MIA fares in Response to LeBron James announcement.
Southwest Airlines announces additional capacity and lower fares into FLL in response to AA anouncement.
Old Jul 8, 2010, 10:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Pleb, HH Gold, PWP General Secretary
Originally Posted by photog72
Southwest Airlines announces additional capacity and lower fares into FLL in response to AA anouncement.
American Airlines announces they will try to re-instate the swift amendment in response to WN announcement.

Spirt Airlines announces lBJ* fares in response to AA and WN announcements.

*meaning basketball journeys.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.