Video of the Turkey Dog

Old May 25, 2010, 11:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Silver MileagePlus, Diamond Hilton
Video of the Turkey Dog

I stumbled upon this just uploaded on youtube. I've had family experience the turkey dog (EWR-PHX); (a hotdog on a 5 hour flight? really?, but thats another issue) but myself have yet too try it and hadn't seen any pics of what it actually looked like or presented, so i figured I would pass this link along to anyone else who hasn't had or seen the pleasure of the "not dog" yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDV6LSSw63c
Old May 25, 2010, 11:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Wonder if they'll keep them around after "meals at mealtime" are gone for nostalgia's sake. What do you think they'll go for? $6?
Old May 25, 2010, 11:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Silver MileagePlus, Diamond Hilton
Originally Posted by channa
Wonder if they'll keep them around after "meals at mealtime" are gone for nostalgia's sake. What do you think they'll go for? $6?
I doubt it based on the issue that everyone else's B.O.B. products hardly, if at all, feature hot options and just cold sandwich for sale.
Old May 25, 2010, 11:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by COEWR2587
I doubt it based on the issue that everyone else's B.O.B. products hardly, if at all, feature hot options and just cold sandwich for sale.

This is true. Though it's possible that CO will offer more or better food for less money. At least that's what was quickly pointed out to me by a COpologist when I commented that CO had eliminated their last differentiator.
Old May 25, 2010, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fabulous on one of the US carriers..
I've had one. It was a bland tasting hot dog in a croissant-like product. Who cares? It was free. Didn't go back for seconds. Probably kept me full.. but it was a long time ago.

Last edited by Flyer_70; May 26, 2010 at 10:49 am
Old May 25, 2010, 11:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K AA EXP
Is the Turkey Dog some kind of Continental invention/contraption??? My entire live I have never heard of or seen a Turkey Dog until I flew Continental! Hot dogs? Yes. Turkey Dog? No. When was the last time you heard someone say, Do you want a Turkey Dog? I think Ill have Nathans Turkey Dog? I really would like to know who idea this was?
Old May 26, 2010, 1:54 am

Thank you!

I'd caught some of the turkey dog discussion on flyertalk, but with the introduction of BoB in the autumn, & no mainline domestic flying through this summer, I thought I'd missed my chance to see what all the fuss was about forever.

Having watched the video, I'm pretty glad I'll never get to actually taste one of the things. It looks worse than the pizza's!
Old May 26, 2010, 8:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
The turkey dog doesn't look that bad at all - but someone needs to tell the videographer that salad dressing is a condiment, not a food group
Old May 26, 2010, 11:21 am

Programs: UA-Gold, BA-Gold
Still wondering how he managed to score TWO meals
Old May 26, 2010, 11:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by plj496
Probably the travel companion didn't want theirs.
Old May 26, 2010, 12:41 pm

Programs: UA 1.6MM
Originally Posted by plj496
I'm normally seated in the last few rows of coach. Every time I've asked for two, I've been given two of the hot items. ^
Old May 26, 2010, 3:31 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
i would eat that... but I am really hungry now!
Old May 26, 2010, 4:09 pm

Programs: OnePass, AAdvantage
i actually like the chicken enchilada wrap (or whatever that thing was I had SEA-ANC
Old Jun 3, 2010, 8:58 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

I wouldn't touch that nasty dog
Ever see whats in a hot dog or most of them?Ground chicken/poultry nails and many parts one wouldn't consume if they knew.......
This reminds me of the Virgin Atlantic video where they show poor quality food except this is easily identified.
Hope this isn't a Business Class cabin.Gross
Hopefully United will be a better influence on their onboard product
Will be avoiding the airline if its a premium cabin.What routes do they serve the ball park stadium food on?
If this is a coach cabin its a little better understood as a snack

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.