Continental to open LAX hub

Old Mar 31, 2010, 10:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Pleb, HH Gold, PWP General Secretary
Continental to open LAX hub

HOUSTON, April 1, 2010 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ -- Continental Airlines (NYSE: CAL) and United Airlines (NASDAQ: UAUA)

PR representatives from both airlines released joint after market press releases. In a slot swap deal inked today, Continental will open a hub at Los Angeles International airport while releasing slots at San Fransisco International Airport and Chicago's O'Hare International Airport.

While the details have yet to be completely ironed out, both airlines have been eager to release information on the next phase of UA/CO cooperation. Continental will take over all UA operations at LA, consolidating all United, and United Express flights under the CO brand. This consolidation includes domestic and international flight. CO will continue to operate UA's flights to Tokyo and Sydney on Boeing 777-200ER aircraft that Continental expects to take delivery of in the coming months.

United will take over all Continental operations in Chicago and San Fransisco. This will allow United to consolidate two hubs and close the focus city at LAX.

CEO's for both companies have praised the deal as new era in US commercial air travel. This deal will insure seamless travel for passengers going through those three airports. The deal will also reduce operations costs and increase profits.

Last edited by colpuck; Mar 31, 2010 at 11:02 pm
Old Mar 31, 2010, 10:58 pm

Incorrectly spelt words = fake press release fail

And who wanted to fly to SFO on CO metal anyways?!?
Old Mar 31, 2010, 10:59 pm

Nice try
Old Mar 31, 2010, 11:00 pm

Originally Posted by wcalvert

And who wanted to fly to SFO on CO metal anyways?!?
Not only that, but it wasn't April 1st yet in Texas

Last edited by Canibus; Mar 31, 2010 at 11:02 pm Reason: typos and clarity
Old Mar 31, 2010, 11:01 pm

Programs: CO Silver/UA 2P, HHonors, SPG Gold
I fell for the JV. I'm not falling for this one
Old Apr 1, 2010, 12:50 am

Programs: UA 1P MM, AA-PP, AS, DL, HH G, SPG Gold, TA nada
Originally Posted by wcalvert
However, if UA put it out I would believe it because of the mis-spelled (sic)words It is going to be a long day, not even April 1st yet in SFO.
Old Apr 1, 2010, 6:39 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
You are 56 minutes too late with your post.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.