Gold Elite Secur-A-Key Key Ring - Still Valid?

Subscribe
About 20 years ago, the Gold Elite (top tier) yearly gift was a prepaid lost key return service. The gold key ring has a nice (brass) plate which has "OnePass Gold Elite" embossed in it.

The drop in mail box address, engraved in the metal, is:
Secur-A-Key
PO Box 5648
Providence, RI 02903

It has a unique serial number as well for identification.

I registered when I had a different address. I do not recall an expiration date. I still use this key ring (with reduced number of keys) when I travel.

To those that go way back -

1. Has anyone ever done a change of address?
2. Anyone ever get a lost key back?
3. Anyone know if Secur-A-Key is still in business?
4. Does anyone care?
Let me be the first to suggest that if you drop your key plate into a mailbox you should be able to eventually answer the last three questions.

Seriously, this is a good question. I remember and participated in a number of services like that ~20 years ago and occasionally have wondered if they worked, and how long they would be around. I believe that TravelGuard still provides some cheap (as in print them yourself) tags that are supposed to do this, but it'll be interesting to see the experiences of others.
May have answered my question. The April 2000 web site which discusses Kinney Concepts' Secur-A-Key actually has a picture of the Gold Elite key ring.

http://www.corporatelogo.com/articles/041trends.html

Now to find out if Kinney Concepts is still in business.

For more information, call (800) 732-3453. I guess I need to call and see if I can change my address. Most Infinite Elites probably have one of these.
Quote: Let me be the first to suggest that if you drop your key plate into a mailbox you should be able to eventually answer the last three questions.
I have got to change the address first.
Has anyone found out if this key tag/return service is still in operation?
I have one of these which I purchased from Eddie Bauer many years ago on my key ring.
if the service mentioned is no longer in business, might want to look at
http://www.stuffbak.com/sb/default.aspx
I have all my keys on a baggage tag with my home address. that way, if I ever lose them, the finder will know EXACTLY where to mail them to!!!!
Quote: I have all my keys on a baggage tag with my home address. that way, if I ever lose them, the finder will know EXACTLY where to mail them to!!!!
You shold probably tape a google map to the tag- in case they want to drive their truck.