Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

When as a silver will I appear on EUA list? At checkin?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2010, 7:20 am
Original Poster

Dug through everywhere in the FAQ and in the forum and couldn't find the answer.

I'm flying CO35 IAH-DEN on Wednesday the 13, and this is my first flight as a CO elite!

We are at T-2ish right now and 2 upgrades have already cleared, and there is no one on the upgrade list.

When I check in at exactly at T-24, will I then appear on the list? If I was gold or plat, do you get to check in earlier to get on the EUA list?

I'm hoping I've got a pretty good shot at this with 10 seats up front still left. Birthday is on Thursday, so being upgraded on my first flight as elite sure would be nice!
Old Jan 11, 2010, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You will not show up on the upgrade standby list until you have checked in.
Old Jan 11, 2010, 7:27 am

Programs: UA and SPG are the two primary ones these days
No one (regardless of status) gets to check in before T-24, and the EUA list should appear on the flight status page at that point. The 2 cleared upgrades were almost certainly people who used miles.

I flew the IAH-DEN route about 4 times last year, and didn't miss an upgrade once...good luck!
Old Jan 11, 2010, 7:45 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by mwg25
No one (regardless of status) gets to check in before T-24, and the EUA list should appear on the flight status page at that point. The 2 cleared upgrades were almost certainly people who used miles.

I flew the IAH-DEN route about 4 times last year, and didn't miss an upgrade once...good luck!
Or connecting flights. If someone flew HKG-EWR-IAH-DEN they could be on the list ~48 hours before the flight.
Old Jan 11, 2010, 8:19 am
Original Poster

Gotcha! That all makes sense. The plane is pretty much full, so here's to hoping there are lots of non-elites

Thanks for the help everybody. Can't wait to work my way up to gold or even platinum this year!
Old Jan 11, 2010, 11:07 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus dirt (former hard-way Silver); AS Mileage Plan MVP; Hilton Honors Silver
Originally Posted by wcalvert
Gotcha! That all makes sense. The plane is pretty much full, so here's to hoping there are lots of non-elites
On a flight from/to IAH or EWR, I wouldn't bet money on that.
Old Jan 11, 2010, 11:20 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Or Platinums who got their upgrades at T-5 , T-4 or T-3 or Golds at T-3.

They could also be B-Ups or M-Ups.
Old Jan 11, 2010, 11:50 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by mwg25

If you have a two segment trip - you will show up on the standby upgrade list for the 2nd segment when you check in for the first - so those on 2 segment (or more) flights will show up more than 24 hours before.

Y, B, M up's and I believe mileage and/or mileage+copay (for nonelites) no longer show up as upgraded.
Old Jan 11, 2010, 12:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SuperG1955
Or Platinums who got their upgrades at T-5 , T-4 or T-3 or Golds at T-3.

They could also be B-Ups or M-Ups.
How would they know they got upgraded? Do they never appear on this EUA list at all or just show up as upgraded when the list is available at T-3?
Old Jan 11, 2010, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
How would they know they got upgraded? Do they never appear on this EUA list at all or just show up as upgraded when the list is available at T-3?
Those that are upgraded appear on the upgraded list, and also get an e-mail.
Old Jan 11, 2010, 12:26 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Plus you can check Managed Reservations on CO.com and if upgraded - your flight class will show as R.

PDA starts two days before flight date.

Silver upgrades only show/clear at T-24 hours - regardless of when they check in. A Silver can check in for 2nd segment more than 24 hours before - and will be added to the upgrade list - but it would clear until T-24 if at all. It used to be possible - but no longer - that if a silver checked in the 2nd segment might have cleared if upgrade inventory was available (and beat a Plat) but CO fixed that.
Old Jan 11, 2010, 8:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Dug through everywhere in the FAQ and in the forum and couldn't find the answer.
We are at T-2ish right now and 2 upgrades have already cleared, and there is no one on the upgrade list.

When I check in at exactly at T-24, will I then appear on the list?
From pda.continental.com:

Upgrade Standby List*:
<names> or
No customers currently standing by
* This list only includes upgrade-eligible customers that have checked in for this flight

I'm not sure how CO could make it any clearer or put it in any more logical a place.
Old Jan 11, 2010, 9:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat, SPG Plat/LT Gold, MR Gold, Hertz President's Circle

When I check in at exactly at T-24, will I then appear on the list? If I was gold or plat, do you get to check in earlier to get on the EUA list?
There is no EUA list. The list you refer to will only show passengers on the upgrade standby list after they check-in. There is no way to determine where you are on the EUA list prior to check-in. Platinums can be upgraded by EUA at T-5, Golds at T-3 and Sivers at T-1. If you are not automatically upgraded by EUA prior to check-in, you will be added to the standby and will show up on the list.
Old Jan 11, 2010, 9:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by skibum_nj
There is no EUA list. The list you refer to will only show passengers on the upgrade standby list after they check-in. There is no way to determine where you are on the EUA list prior to check-in. Platinums can be upgraded by EUA at T-5, Golds at T-3 and Sivers at T-1. If you are not automatically upgraded by EUA prior to check-in, you will be added to the standby and will show up on the list.

This is correct, and to build on it further, I don't think there even is an EUA list. EUA just looks at the flight and does its thing according to the assigned priorities. There's no upgrade request list a la DL or UA.
Old Jan 12, 2010, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Critic
On a flight from/to IAH or EWR, I wouldn't bet money on that.
Would agree, but surprising to see bulkhead/exit rows relatively wide open. So perhaps not that many Gold or Plats left in Y.

5 SSX-XXX
12 EEX-EEE W E
14 EEE-XEE W E

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.