Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Waitlist improvements for OnePass upgrade rewards – coming June 17th

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Waitlist improvements for OnePass upgrade rewards – coming June 17th

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2008, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Thanks from me as well. We really do appreciate all your help on these items Scott!
Old May 15, 2008, 10:49 am

Programs: CO Silver, Miles and More Silver
Good news for us ^

bad news for sbm12's bet
Old May 15, 2008, 12:14 pm

Programs: IHG Amb, HH Gold, Hyatt Gold, Avis P'sC, AAA-Plus
another hearty THANK YOU for the info and the improved chances of getting a little more legroom :-)
Old May 15, 2008, 3:24 pm

Programs: UA, DL
Thanks ^ ^ ^
Old May 15, 2008, 3:32 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver
Thanks CO!
Old May 15, 2008, 3:58 pm

if you are waitlisted on a domestic upgrade reward and you're put on the standby list at the airport, how are you ranked versus the elites that are on the list solely for the possibility of an EUA?

will the agents be able to decifer this? its been a problem for years.

a silver who's had 15k deducted from their account but still on standby for the upgrade should be a higher priority than any level elite who is waitlisting for an EUA. agents usually see only your elite level and pile you in with the rest.
Old May 15, 2008, 4:32 pm

Programs: CO Plat, Starwood Plat, Hyatt Plat, Hilton Diamond, CO Pres. Plus, Hertz #1 Gold
Hi Scott & All-

1 - A thank you for putting a program in place to deal with one of the biggest complaints/requests about OnePass.

2 - What’s gone unremarked on so far is the fact that CO will get a very nice ride on our money by charging credit cards for the upgrade fee right from the time of the request, not anymore from the point of clearance. I imagine the reason for charging the fee right away is the expectation that this will hold back the oft-mentioned BF reservers who, in the past and the stated cause of the 3-day no upgrade rule, supposedly canceled at the last minute freeing up BF seats for upgraders. I wonder if Scott would tell us how many fee-included upgrade awards CO has had in the past years and the average upgrade fee. Or might that be broken out in a quarterly and/or annual filing? Just curious is all. Naturally, I’d rather have use of my money myself rather than letting someone else, no offense meant CO, letting it ride in a bank for however long a reservation might be made in advance of a flight.

Still, a major move forward in satisfying a major dissatisfaction with the program.
Old May 15, 2008, 5:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: La Ministreuse de Surréalisme, CO Plat, MR Plat, SPG Plat
Scott, a big thank you and ^!
Old May 15, 2008, 5:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Great news. This brings to three the number of "big" improvements in the 6 in 6 bet.
Old May 15, 2008, 5:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by From NYC
I imagine the reason for charging the fee right away is the expectation that this will hold back the oft-mentioned BF reservers who, in the past and the stated cause of the 3-day no upgrade rule, supposedly canceled at the last minute freeing up BF seats for upgraders.
I'm not sure I follow this logic. The "BF reservers" want BF upgrades, and they know in order to get them they have to pay the upgrade fee. Charging it earlier in the process shouldn't have any bearing on whether they also go ahead and make these phantom revenue BF bookings, which they cancel at the last minute to free up space for their upgrade if it hasn't already cleared.
Old May 15, 2008, 6:35 pm

[*]Waitlisted customers will have an upgrade priority that is just below paid First/BusinessFirst customers. When applicable, the waitlist priority (which is driven by the Elite status of the account from which the miles were redeemed) and the time of booking will be the tie-breakers.

Thank you!!!
GREAT!!! so frustrating before when I could get a free BF ticket but no success when trying to upgrade a paid ticket, with upgrade fees and miles
Old May 15, 2008, 7:46 pm
Suspended

GREAT NEWS^^^

a Win-Win for both CO and its OP members. thats the best part, that both parties can walk away and say its a good deal for Us.

Now if we could only get 33-34" of pitch in the back in case BF still sells out on its own and we are stuck in the back.

A good thing it starts 6/17 as I pulled the handle on a 'Q' yesterday by flying out 1day before I wanted to to save $$$ and an H that I know wouldnt get the UP under the present system, flight I wanted was 6/4and back before 6/17 as well

Now I do have to ask this 1 question, those of us who order Special meals, I will assume will have to eat the coach meal that would have been ordered and boarded for Us, No Problem by Me.

Now if there was 178 in the back and say just my Special meal, what happens now that say CO takes on a SBY and has 1 less meal in the Total count in the back, does the SBY passenger get the BF non-Special meal that should have been mine? Or does CO usually have extra meals anyway always in the back? Ill also assume that by the time the UP is given at the gate its too late to redo the Catering and that the Special Coach meal will still be boarded., and it wont be KOed as the manifest wont show that person sitting back there any longer.

I say that since yrs ago when AA had meals on its Domestic flights whenever I got the UP T-24 , they would supress my Special meal, since it was T-24 it was too late to reorder one. I always asked them why kill any Special Meal requests , simply process the Up and leave whatever meal the person had order alone , no big deal Id rather have a Coach meal then no meal at all. Same here Id rather have a coach meal on that Intl flight and be sitting in BF or FC then be sitting up there w/o anything to eat.
Old May 15, 2008, 7:53 pm

Programs: UA: MM
"...For BusinessFirst upgrade rewards, all miles and service fees would be refunded if the BusinessFirst segment of the trip could not be upgraded. For all other upgrade rewards, miles would be refunded only when no segments of the trip could be upgraded. When applicable, service fees and mileage refunds occur 7 to 10 days after the trip.”

Ok, color me dense.

I'm waitliested on a IAH-POS RT. The outbound clears, the return doesn't. Does the above mean that the 15,000 miles for the return segment will not be refunded?

That would be a bad thing.

I'm sitting on this exact scenario in Trini on a wailist for the POS-IAH after being upgraded on the outbound IAH-POS. One interesting bit here is that my auto checkin failed so I called the service center and was told it could not check me in as I was priority for an upgrade. I assume that is because of the miles since I do not appear on the PDA waitlist.

FWIW
DLM

Last edited by dmunz; May 15, 2008 at 7:54 pm Reason: spelling
Old May 15, 2008, 8:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dmunz
I'm waitliested on a IAH-POS RT. The outbound clears, the return doesn't. Does the above mean that the 15,000 miles for the return segment will not be refunded?
No, you're actually waitlisted on an IAH-POS one-way, and a POS-IAH one-way. Each direction will be treated separately. There are no round-trip upgrade awards anymore.
Old May 15, 2008, 8:20 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by dmunz
"...For BusinessFirst upgrade rewards, all miles and service fees would be refunded if the BusinessFirst segment of the trip could not be upgraded. For all other upgrade rewards, miles would be refunded only when no segments of the trip could be upgraded. When applicable, service fees and mileage refunds occur 7 to 10 days after the trip.”

Ok, color me dense.

That would be a bad thing.

I'm sitting on this exact scenario in Trini on a wailist for the POS-IAH after being upgraded on the outbound IAH-POS. One interesting bit here is that my auto checkin failed so I called the service center and was told it could not check me in as I was priority for an upgrade. I assume that is because of the miles since I do not appear on the PDA waitlist.

FWIW
DLM
I took Scott to mean say you are on a EWR-IAH-LAX and 1 of the segments clears and the other does not, that then you will not get any refund of your miles.

Now what the deal will be with say a EWR-IAH-UIO where its FC and not BF, will a refund be made if the IAH-UIO doesnt clear but the EWR-IAH does or is UIO although FC considered like BF since its Intl?

Last edited by craz; May 15, 2008 at 9:55 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.