IAH Terminal C Parking Question

Subscribe
I'm flying out of IAH this evening and I wanted to know if there exists long-term parking at Terminal C. I won't have as much time as I usually like so I wanted to be as efficient as possible (and parking at the terminal would save me the time of waiting for a shuttle bus = more time in the PC).

Thanks for any info!
Quote: I'm flying out of IAH this evening and I wanted to know if there exists long-term parking at Terminal C. I won't have as much time as I usually like so I wanted to be as efficient as possible (and parking at the terminal would save me the time of waiting for a shuttle bus = more time in the PC).

Thanks for any info!
You can park in the terminal parking for $15/day. I've done this for two weeks and didn't have a problem.

Terminal C does fill up quickly though, so I usually park at E and walk to C.
Thanks for the quick reply, it amazes me how I can get info faster on FT than actually call the airport and asking someone.

To be clear, are the hourly parking entrances any different than the long term ones? And is there anyone to find out online if a garage is full?
IAH no longer has "hourly" and "long-term" parking. That's been gone for a few years. All on-site garages at IAH charge the same rates, no matter where you park or for how long you're there.
Quote: Thanks for the quick reply, it amazes me how I can get info faster on FT than actually call the airport and asking someone.

To be clear, are the hourly parking entrances any different than the long term ones? And is there anyone to find out online if a garage is full?
No way to find out if the garages are full online. If you follow the signs to C/D/E terminals, you'll hit E/D first, if the lines are short just go there, as it is an easy walk to C terminal.
If a garage is full, and the system is working correctly, the big signs on JFK and Will Clayton listing the airlines in each terminal will generally show that the garage is full. Look in the bottom left corner of the signs under the work "Parking."

Also, the garages at IAH do have open space counters on each floor, which tend to be pretty accurate. There are also signs with open space counts around the entry gates, to help you decide which floor to park on before starting up the ramp.
If you enter C garage, when you come off the ramp, if you will go to left - I believe it's marked "additional parking" it's usually easier to find spaces on that side. Elevator to either C terminal or E terminal is easily accesible. Garage is $13/day.
Quote: Garage is $13/day.
The rate went up to $15/day a couple of months ago.
It's pretty rare that the parking at C fills up although I have seen it a few times. If that happens you can just go to B or any other terminal and park. Sometimes it works better anyways on busy days to clear security at B and take the train to C/E.
Quote: Also, the garages at IAH do have open space counters on each floor, which tend to be pretty accurate. There are also signs with open space counts around the entry gates, to help you decide which floor to park on before starting up the ramp.
Be sure you bring your car to a full stop and analyze the numbers for a minute or so before proceeding up the ramp.
Quote: The rate went up to $15/day a couple of months ago.
I use EZ tag, and I guess I should pay more attention.... As long as it's been within a couple dollars of what I budgeted I figured it was right.
I want to use EZ Tag, but it never works right. I'm signed up to use the tag for airport parking and all, but most of the time the system either doesn't read my tag on the way in and then reads it on the way out (so I end up not paying) or vice versa -- it reads it on the way in and won't open the gate on the way out. And then you have to deal with the cashier booth attendants who take forever to fill out a form with my EZ Tag number and information, and then call a supervisor. Half the time they don't even know how to handle it without calling someone first. I think my cat has more brain power than most of the IAH parking attendants combined.