Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Pictures of carry-on luggage attached...will this be allowed on board?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pictures of carry-on luggage attached...will this be allowed on board?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2007, 5:41 pm

Programs: CO non-elite, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold
Although I will say that I'm seeing the bins not fill up as much as they used to. I guess with the new liquid/gel rules, people are checking more bags.

Originally Posted by sfogate
When flights are empty, no one cares what you drag on as long as it fits. But when your flight is full, everyone cares. Be prepared to check one or both of your bags....those overhead bins can't fit everyone's one bag.
Old Oct 18, 2007, 7:01 pm

Programs: CO Plat & MP 1K
I've definitely been on CO flights where the GAs were being quite strict about luggage because the flight was full since 9/11 but not since the liquid ban.

Since the liquid ban, it seems that everyone gets things on flights. It has affected me, I'm much more likely to be lazy and want to take too big a sized liquids and go ahead and check, particularly if I don't have a connection.
Old Oct 18, 2007, 7:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Starwood Gold, Marriott Silver, HHonors Silver, United MileagePlus, Jet Blue TrueBlue
I get the point guys, thanks. I was actually intending to put the larger of the two in the overhead bin and putting the smaller Weekender bag under my seat, where supposedly it fits comfortably. Therefore no inconvenience for other traveler.

That being said I will make every effort to carry-on the 22" bag along with my laptop sling.

Old Oct 22, 2007, 3:38 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Plat., WorldPerks, HH Gold, SPG Gold
As long as you avoid this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEgJcywXL8Y

lol
Old Oct 22, 2007, 8:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ua mm, aa plat, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
Originally Posted by lifeonitsown
As long as you avoid this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEgJcywXL8Y

lol
hysterical, thanks ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.