"Welcome on board" or "Welcome aboard"?

Subscribe
I hear is both ways on CO flights. Which (if either) is correct?
I think we need more hard news. :P
Personally I like Welcome Aboard much better.
Do you stand online or in line? Nothing says welcome better than a prompt and stiff predeparture drink.
Going overseas or to Vegas, would it be welcome a(braud)?
I think "aboard" is apropos.
its better than hearing "Far Queue" on BA... I've second guessed myself a few times with what they said...
Quote: its better than hearing "Far Queue" on BA
Dont FarQueue aboard or on board, its rude
Interesting question. The OED notes that "On board appears to be a later expansion (cf. afoot, on foot) of ABOARD, a-bord, and this to have been taken directly from Fr. à bord, as in aller ou monter à bord, être à bord, short for au bord du vaisseau, in which bord ‘ship's side’ comes contextually to be equal to ‘ship’ itself." It would seem thus that they're equivalent.

There may be some cross-national differences on this, though, as "aboard" in the context of "on or (in)to an aircraft" is listed as a more American usage. FWIW, my American ears think "Welcome aboard" sounds much nicer.
I always get a "Hello" and that's it... So, either one would be fine
Quote: I hear is both ways on CO flights. Which (if either) is correct?
continental?
R T F M
Isn't the standard welcome announcement written down? I hear it on every flight. What's the training manual say: "aboard" or "on board"?
In olden days ....
In olden days we used to hear the train conductor call out: "All aboard!"

Similarly, the chief purser on a sea-going ship announced: "All ashore who's going ashore; all aboard who's coming aboard."

Once we are ALOFT nowadays, though, I suppose it doesn't actually matter.
Since airplanes are analogous to ships (and are referred to as such, in certain contexts), "aboard" should be used.
And the mandatory "Requesting permission to come aboard"