Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

[Post website problems here] New CO website....clean but not perfect....

[Post website problems here] New CO website....clean but not perfect....

Old Jul 31, 2006, 12:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K, UA 1MM
This is really terrible - CO should take the site down

I just went to CO and I was logged in as someone else and I had some couple's upcoming Aug. trip to Chicago. I could change their seats cancel their flights.

Fortunately, you'd need a password in order to really wreak havoc with some one's credit card etc.

CO should really put the old site back up. In this litigious world, they are risking being sued if someone horses around with someone else's reservation.
Old Jul 31, 2006, 12:22 pm

Reservations are back. BF and F is noted as coach (again). Luckily I don't have the IAH-AUS flight listed anymore. This was from someone completely unknown to me. Wonder who had my reservations...
Old Jul 31, 2006, 12:29 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, United LT Silver
Originally Posted by ijgordon
I can't recall whether, in the last 200+ posts, someone has commented on whether OLCI works. Given the problems finding reservations and changing seat assignments, seems like OLCI could be a disaster, unless it runs off a different platform.

Anyone? I'm curious.
As prompted, I tried checking in for my flight that took place last Friday. Sadly, it gave me an error.
Old Jul 31, 2006, 12:33 pm

Programs: CO platinum
Er, guys, I see you're all commenting on the new website, but I'm not able to enter the site at all. It's been like that for three days. What I get is this:

We're sorry, but continental.com was unable to locate the page or file you requested.
Return to continental.com.

Does anyone know the magic word?
Old Jul 31, 2006, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
CO does about 8 million a day on co.com

Last edited by entropy; Jul 31, 2006 at 1:09 pm Reason: fix figure
Old Jul 31, 2006, 12:45 pm

Programs: CO Platt,Hilton Dmnd,Marriott Platt,Hertz Presidents Circle,Avis Preferred Select
Turn the old machines back on!!! TURN THE OLD MACHINES BACK ON......!!!
Old Jul 31, 2006, 12:55 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, United LT Silver
Originally Posted by entropy
CO does about 80 million a day on co.com
Do you mean $8 million/day?
Old Jul 31, 2006, 1:02 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Facevalue
Turn the old machines back on!!! TURN THE OLD MACHINES BACK ON......!!!
I am sure that this has top priority focus at this time. We do not know all the facts - so we may be a little too harsh at this point. But clearly, lesson learned - run a dual site operation for some overlapping period.
Old Jul 31, 2006, 1:10 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat; Marriott Plat: Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by cova
I am sure that this has top priority focus at this time. We do not know all the facts - so we may be a little too harsh at this point.
Not too harsh at all. I had someone else's info on my screen as well.

Who has my information?
Old Jul 31, 2006, 1:10 pm
mlk

Can't even buy a ticket

Trying to buy a ticket for a business trip next week.

Got this error message:

"We're sorry, but continental.com was unable to complete your purchase. Please try your purchase later or call 1-800-300-1547 for assistance."

Ouch.

There's no happy face you can put on this.
Old Jul 31, 2006, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, AA, B6, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG, SPG
Originally Posted by mlk
Trying to buy a ticket for a business trip next week.

Got this error message:

"We're sorry, but continental.com was unable to complete your purchase. Please try your purchase later or call 1-800-300-1547 for assistance."

Ouch.

There's no happy face you can put on this.
I got the same. Gave up and went to UA to book a flight. CO lost that $600.
Old Jul 31, 2006, 1:14 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Dia, Marriott Plat
I agree with you guys that a launch of this magnitude should have been better tested, but I can't help but laugh at the obvious signs that they are trying to fix things and are breaking others in the process...

Earlier, I had to reservations... now they are back
Earlier, my seat wasn't yellow... now it is.
Earlier, I could see my recent activity, now I can't. Uses 01/01/0001 as the beginning and ending balance dates. (Maybe they broke this on purpose because of the Ininite problem). However, I can view past statements... which say "Ininite Elite" on them.

Oh, and I tried to change my email address... The new site won't let me.
Old Jul 31, 2006, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA-2MM; GalacticXpress-Irridium
Originally Posted by channa
Shamefully, I must admit, for the first time in history, united.com is working better than continental.com.
OUCH! Unfortunately you are right.
Old Jul 31, 2006, 1:50 pm

Programs: AV LifeMiles, CM ConnectMiles, BA Exec Club. Former:ex-ASGold, ex-UA1K, ex-COPlat, ex-NWGold.
Here's an OLCI issue. Previous posters mentioned that OLCI works ok from the front page, which is correct. However, if you choose the "More Check-In Options" link which is just under the box for entering your confirmation number, you get another page labeled "Flight Check-in" which has three options for finding your reservation: Confirmation Number, eTicket Number, or OnePass Number.

I used that link and entered my confirmation number, then clicked "Continue". I got an error message that "no valid e-ticket can be found".

I was able to check-in by conf# using the box back on the front page of the site, but not from the "More Check-in Options" page. Apparently that page is always expecting an eTicket number even if you enter one of the other numbers.
Old Jul 31, 2006, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Before I signed in, I went to "view reservations." Without typing anything else in, it pulled up Carolyn W.'s flight to Seattle. All the details are there -- and I suppose I could even cancel her reservation if I wanted to (of course, I wouldn't!).

What the heck is going on? Sure doesn't make me feel too secure about my own future reservations.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.