Wiki Posts
Search

Seeking arrival info on CO 51 EZE-IAH

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2006, 10:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: WN Rapid Rewards, DL SkyMiles, UA MileagePlus, HiltonHonors
Seeking arrival info on CO 51 IAH-EZE

Has anyone flown CO 51 IAH-EZE recently?
My wife and I will be travelling to Buenos Aires in April on CO 51. The flight is scheduled to arrive in EZE at 9:20am. We will need to make a tight connection to a boat, and I have a few time questions for anyone who's arrived in EZE: how long did it take to clear immigration and retrieve your bags and clear customs? If you grabbed a taxi, how much time did it take to get the cab and leave the airport? We'll be riding in J class, so we will deplane before Y (that should help a little). Also, does anyone know if this flight tends to run late? All help is appreciated--thanks.

Last edited by senatorgirth; Feb 25, 2006 at 10:11 am
Old Feb 28, 2006, 8:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: WN Rapid Rewards, DL SkyMiles, UA MileagePlus, HiltonHonors
bump.
Old Feb 28, 2006, 8:17 am

Last week (Feb 17th IIRC) it arrived about 2 hours early, but I do not know if this is a regular occurance - they may hold the flight in IAH (within reason) for any delayed connecting passengers as it is the only flight. Some of this potential holding time is probably factored in the 10 hrs.
Old Feb 28, 2006, 12:51 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by senatorgirth
Has anyone flown CO 51 IAH-EZE recently?
My wife and I will be travelling to Buenos Aires in April on CO 51. The flight is scheduled to arrive in EZE at 9:20am. We will need to make a tight connection to a boat, and I have a few time questions for anyone who's arrived in EZE: how long did it take to clear immigration and retrieve your bags and clear customs? If you grabbed a taxi, how much time did it take to get the cab and leave the airport? We'll be riding in J class, so we will deplane before Y (that should help a little). Also, does anyone know if this flight tends to run late? All help is appreciated--thanks.
senatorgirth, I went through international arrivals twice within 7 days at EZE. I can share with EZE arrival experience but not with CO. I guess it depends your arrival time and day. Between 9:00am and 12:00pm. There are TONS of international arrival flights at EZE in the morning. If I could remember correctly, several flights all arrive at the same time span. AA flight from Miami, UA flight from IAD, LH flight from FRA, BA flight from UK, UA flight from ORD. Throw in few South America regional flights (Varig flight from Rio De Janiero, etc....) It can be CRAZY.

Argentina Resident: less than 10 mins Max

Non-Argentina Resident (US Citizen): see below.
First time experience (Friday), I flew in with UA from ORD which arrived at EZE about 11:40am (one of the last arrival flight in the morning), about 30 minutes wait to clear immigration.

However, second arrival experience (following Friday), I flew in to EZE with Varig from Rio. Landed at the airport about 9:40am. The line was LONG (777 and 747 just landed before us!!) I waited 1 hour 30 minutes to clear immigration(have not gotten my bags yet).

Once you clear the immigration, you will walk pass airport store, then to the baggage claim area. (3 min walk) After you retrieve your luggages, you will then proceed to the custom. (I think they select people for inspection (ask you to open bags,etc...)every X number of people walk pass through) (2 mins walk). Everyone will then place luggages under X-Ray machine. After that, you are done, you will then walk pass through "Remise or Airport transportation services company" on the left, Currency Exchange on the right, then you walk through the sliding front door. I would highly recommend you use "Remise" for your transportation to your boat. Is your boat departing from downtown BA? PM me so I can provide more details information.

Thanks,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.