Smoking Lounge at IAH

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2003, 4:51 pm
Original Poster

Smoking Lounge at IAH

Is there a smoking lounge at IAH?
Old Nov 23, 2003, 6:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
No there isn't. I think a couple of the full-service bars/restaurants in the terminals may have smoking areas but I'm not totally sure on that. The only option I know of for sure is to go outside.
Old Nov 23, 2003, 10:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
There is no smoking inside IAH anywhere.. and when you do go outside..make sure you are not within 25 feet of a door or they'll threaten a ticket.
Old Nov 23, 2003, 11:32 pm

Location: SAN and before that...EWR....AA EXP (3MM)..HH LIFETIME DIAMOND..AVIS PREFERRED PLUS
And for god's sake,..Quit smoking!! It's a nasty,dirty and overall bad habit!!
Old Nov 23, 2003, 11:34 pm

Location: SAN and before that...EWR....AA EXP (3MM)..HH LIFETIME DIAMOND..AVIS PREFERRED PLUS
And for god's sake,..Quit smoking!! It's a nasty,dirty and overall bad habit!!
Old Nov 24, 2003, 3:10 am
Original Poster

Oops, I forgot, I am on the Continental board....seems like there are a lot of judgemental people on this board.
Old Nov 24, 2003, 5:00 am

That,which I stated above,is true.....I know it....and deep down...you know it too.
Old Nov 24, 2003, 7:16 am

Drop your stuff in the Presidents Club an head outside

The easiest re-entry is through terminal D since none of Continental's gate traffic moves through there. The exit and entrance are adjacent so you can judge the hassle factor before going outside.

I would never consider leaving A - since it has the slowest throughput at IAH -

It is a hike from any of the terminal C gates
Old Nov 24, 2003, 7:55 am

One of my millionaire-maker ideas:
To lease space at IAH for a smoke shop. If one makes a tobacco purchase, then one may proceed to the smoking area. Without a purchase, one could access the area for $2.
I think it would be a HUGE hit for pipe, cigar, and cigarette smokers.
I'm a cigar man, and everytime I'm through IAH, I get angry that there is no area set aside for smokers.
Old Nov 24, 2003, 7:59 am
JS
Suspended

Programs: DL Gold Medallion; UA Premier Executive; WN sub-CP; AA sub-Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by IMStill4Travel:
That,which I stated above,is true.....I know it....and deep down...you know it too.</font>
YESSIR!!! (facetiously saluting now)

------------------
"It's as easy as 1, 2, C" -- Kelly, Married With Children
Old Nov 24, 2003, 10:58 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by JS:
YESSIR!!! (facetiously saluting now)

</font>
Hey, IMStill4Travel! If you really want to get a rise out of JS, why don't you pull a Dr. Dean and start talking about the Confederate flag bumper stickers .

Don't hate me JS -- I'm just having some fun by stirring the sheet, being the wiseass New Yorker that I am. (I repeat, .)
Old Nov 24, 2003, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by IMStill4Travel:
And for god's sake,..Quit smoking!! It's a nasty,dirty and overall bad habit!!</font>
And of course no one else out there has any bad habits. I've got at least three other habits that could be described as above. Unfortunately they won't let me do those things in the Club either.
Old Nov 24, 2003, 1:58 pm
JS
Suspended

Programs: DL Gold Medallion; UA Premier Executive; WN sub-CP; AA sub-Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by SJU Abogado:
Hey, IMStill4Travel! If you really want to get a rise out of JS, why don't you pull a Dr. Dean and start talking about the Confederate flag bumper stickers .

Don't hate me JS -- I'm just having some fun by stirring the sheet, being the wiseass New Yorker that I am. (I repeat, .)
</font>
LOL. Hey, come on over to OMNI, where these off-topic, vitrolic posts are allowed, no, make that welcome, no, make that, required!

------------------
"It's as easy as 1, 2, C" -- Kelly, Married With Children
Old Nov 24, 2003, 2:28 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by JS:
LOL. Hey, come on over to OMNI, where these off-topic, vitrolic posts are allowed, no, make that welcome, no, make that, required!

</font>
Thanks for being a good sport (I think).

Old Nov 24, 2003, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I had less than an hour to connect from EWR to OGG....

The gate agent said smoking outside only, which he did not recommend on a Saturday with 1 hour to get through security.

BUT, the IAH-OGG flight was leaving from the Interntaional terminal/gates.

No people were in that area AT ALL. The only flights leaving were to OGG and to EWR.

The 2 sets of bathrooms in that entire area were deserted.

Good place for a smoke between flights. Got my nicotine fix & didn't get caught.

Yes, I broke the rules, but there has to be a way to accommodate smokers without making them pass through security again.

Mary

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.