Wiki Posts
Search

upgrade pct in 2005

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2004, 7:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat, MR Plat
upgrade pct in 2005

With the news that the 737s are limiting F seating on many flights for part (or all?) of the next year, I'm considering a switch from CO to AA, since it seems like they fly bigger planes with more F seats and thus, more chance of upgrade.

For a mid-tier coach passenger (not cheapie fares, but not Y either) who is Gold Elite flying out of EWR, it would seem chances for upgrades on my mostly domestic travel sked - flights to Toronto, Tampa, Kansas City, Seattle, Anaheim, etc - would drop even more with the smaller F cabins.

For those who are experienced in such matters, do you think this logic is sound? Flights to/from EWR seem loaded with elites already and with two less seats on most of these flights, it seems like unless you're plat, your odds will drop even more!

Thanks in advance ...
Old Dec 28, 2004, 8:53 pm

Originally Posted by nycguy1978
With the news that the 737s are limiting F seating on many flights for part (or all?) of the next year, I'm considering a switch from CO to AA, since it seems like they fly bigger planes with more F seats and thus, more chance of upgrade.

For a mid-tier coach passenger (not cheapie fares, but not Y either) who is Gold Elite flying out of EWR, it would seem chances for upgrades on my mostly domestic travel sked - flights to Toronto, Tampa, Kansas City, Seattle, Anaheim, etc - would drop even more with the smaller F cabins.

For those who are experienced in such matters, do you think this logic is sound? Flights to/from EWR seem loaded with elites already and with two less seats on most of these flights, it seems like unless you're plat, your odds will drop even more!

Thanks in advance ...
If your goal is to get more upgrades, I think you'll find your chances better at AA if you're willing to burn your "stickers" for these trips. Or be willing to pay ~$25 for each 500 mile upgrade.

You'll be connecting much more out of EWR though, since AA doesn't fly non-stop to as many destinations. Also IMO, terminal A at EWR sucks. There isn't an elite security line even for AA elites at their gates. The screeners there tend to be worse than those at Terminal C everytime I go through there.

Last edited by Tummy; Dec 28, 2004 at 8:56 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.