Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Final Continental Airlines Flights on March 2 and March 3 (CO 6)

Old Feb 26, 2012, 7:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Silver, Hilton Gold

This thread is devoted to the final landing of Continental Airlines coded flight. The final landing will be March 3 which will be flight 6 from NRT-IAH.

This is a historic landing as it closes the Continental History book, and opens a new one.

Last edited by J.Edward; Feb 27, 2012 at 11:24 am Reason: Update Thread Title
Old Feb 26, 2012, 7:14 pm

I think there will be COxxx flight numbers after March 3rd. And I believe the callsign Continental is already not used, as the airlines are operating under one FAA certificate.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 7:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by will2288
I think there will be COxxx flight numbers after March 3rd. And I believe the callsign Continental is already not used, as the airlines are operating under one FAA certificate.
Nope, UA Insider has already posted that CO 6 NRT to IAH will be the last flight to land with a CO designated flight number on March 3rd. After this flight there will be no more CO flight numbers.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 7:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Baze
Nope, UA Insider has already posted that CO 6 NRT to IAH will be the last flight to land with a CO designated flight number on March 3rd. After this flight there will be no more CO flight numbers.
Right! It will be quite sad to watch that final landing after flying CO for 16 years.

Last edited by J.Edward; Feb 26, 2012 at 7:49 pm Reason: Update VBB Code/Quote
Old Feb 26, 2012, 7:39 pm

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
CO6 might be the last CO metal plane, but there might be others which take off as a CO codeshare and land after CO6.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 7:40 pm

Good to know, thanks. So the flights on CO.com after March 3rd with a CO number will just change to UAxxx?
Old Feb 26, 2012, 7:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by will2288
Good to know, thanks. So the flights on CO.com after March 3rd with a CO number will just change to UAxxx?
That's correct except it will be in UA.com. To see what it will be like check pss.united.com
Old Feb 26, 2012, 7:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by bmvaughn
CO6 might be the last CO metal plane, but there might be others which take off as a CO codeshare and land after CO6.
Really? And even if so, the codeshare numbers really don't matter for anything other than marketing. They certainly don't apply to operational events.

I'm actually more interested in what is happening with the flights to CCS. There was some issue back when they tried to kill the CO callsign and those flights. I don't know if it was fully resolved, though I assume it was.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 7:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sbm12
Originally Posted by bmvaughn
Really? And even if so, the codeshare numbers really don't matter for anything other than marketing. They certainly don't apply to operational events.

I'm actually more interested in what is happening with the flights to CCS. There was some issue back when they tried to kill the CO callsign and those flights. I don't know if it was fully resolved, though I assume it was.
Right the code share numbers don't count. I am interested as well especially since they had to cancel the flight a couple times. I believe it is resolved.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 8:05 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime 1K, AA EXP, VS Silver, HY Diamond, HI Gold, SPG Gold
Anyone have plans to be on this final flight?
Old Feb 26, 2012, 8:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jetsetr
Anyone have plans to be on this final flight?
Thank you for being on topic! No, but I will be watching it land.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 8:11 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime 1K, AA EXP, VS Silver, HY Diamond, HI Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by UA767400
Hope the weather is good that day, then! If I didn't have to be somewhere else on 3/3, I might just have been crazy enough to be on this flight.

Somehow, being on the final CO departure PHX-CLE (a mid-con red eye) doesn't seem quite as appealing
Old Feb 26, 2012, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just wondering what would happen if the flight gets delayed or canceled? If the delay is long enough so it doesn't take off until after the changeover will it's flight number change? Hmmm, curious minds want to know.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 8:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jetsetr
Originally Posted by UA767400
Hope the weather is good that day, then! If I didn't have to be somewhere else on 3/3, I might just have been crazy enough to be on this flight.

Somehow, being on the final CO departure PHX-CLE (a mid-con red eye) doesn't seem quite as appealing
Thanks! Well it is still really good to be on that flight as that will be the final time that Continental airlines wheels will leave the earths ground and

I hope you have a great flight!
Old Feb 26, 2012, 8:16 pm
Original Poster

Just wondering what would happen if the flight gets delayed or canceled? If the delay is long enough so it doesn't take off until after the changeover will it's flight number change? Hmmm, curious minds want to know.
I hope that does not happen........ I am not sure though

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.