Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dinner in F AUS-IAH?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2012, 7:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM, DL Diamond, NK Gold, Mariott LT Plat/Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold
Dinner in F AUS-IAH?

Under flight status it's showing dinner on CO1603 tomorrow. Is it possible that they are serving dinner in F or is this a glitch?
Old Feb 15, 2012, 8:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, Penalty Box 2K, PWP Posting Unit 9
Originally Posted by EWRFlyerAL
Under flight status it's showing dinner on CO1603 tomorrow. Is it possible that they are serving dinner in F or is this a glitch?
I would go with glitch. Unless something odd happens with the arrival patterns into IAH, this flight is rarely more than 27-28 minutes long. You're sometimes lucky to get a beverage service.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by EWRFlyerAL
Its a glitch. Too short of flight to serve dinner. As the above poster mentioned you may get a beverage service, but that is all dependent on the crew of your flight. Some will do F beverage service others will remain seated for the duration of the flight, except to do the required safety checks.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 7:05 am

I've flown this every 2 or 3 months for the last 1.5 years and been upgraded a couple of times. I usually get drink service in F (they took drink orders for the air during pre-departure beverage) but in Y it's either water service or nothing.

That being said, I have received meal service on flights this short before, just not on CO/UA ^

Also, I wouldn't eat the F meal as I would want some Salt Lick BBQ and Amy's Ice Cream before I left.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 8:00 am

Programs: IHG Gold Ambassador
Originally Posted by wcalvert

Also, I wouldn't eat the F meal as I would want some Salt Lick BBQ and Amy's Ice Cream before I left.
Salt Lick and Amy's, what a great palate you have. I don't believe that there is another flavor of ice cream in this country that can compete with Amy's Mexican Vanilla.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, Penalty Box 2K, PWP Posting Unit 9
Originally Posted by mgobluetex
I don't believe that there is another flavor of ice cream in this country that can compete with Amy's Mexican Vanilla.
Blue Bell Natural Vanilla Bean would like a word with you.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 11:14 pm

Programs: 1K MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, AA Exec. Plat
I fly this twice a week. You should get a pre-departure drink (if you board within a reasonable time) and one drink in the air. Going IAH-AUS the flight usually lasts about 28 minutes, and maybe 35 minutes going the opposite direction.
Old Feb 18, 2012, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Food on a 150mi flight?

Where do you think this is, Asia?
Old Feb 18, 2012, 9:02 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL-Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Air France might offer food on a 30 minute flight - if they aren't on strike that week, of course.
Old Feb 19, 2012, 6:11 am

Programs: CO Plat; UA 1K; EK Gold
Originally Posted by Mackieman
Blue Bell Natural Vanilla Bean would like a word with you.
I second this statement.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.