AMS arrival lounge?

Old Dec 5, 2011, 2:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan
AMS arrival lounge?

Hi all,
Will be arriving into AMS from EWR in business First. Is there an arrival lounge to use as we'll be arriving at 7:45 am and would like to freshen up.

Did a search and only found threads that were 5 years old and under the old CO program so wondering if things have changed. . .

Thanks,
Old Dec 5, 2011, 2:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Unfortunately there are no arrival facilities at AMS.

However there is a Mercure Hotel within the terminal that offers shower services (for a fee.) It is very conveniently located, up on the mezzanine in the main terminal.

What I do not know, is what "risk" you take by showering while your bags are unloaded. Because the showers are airside, your bags may be picked up before you are done showering, so you might have to go to the service desk to retrieve them. (This is different from many arrival lounges where you pick up your bags first.)
Old Dec 5, 2011, 3:05 pm

Programs: UA: 1K, HH: Diamond
What a peculiar system. Thanks for asking this question -- I have an upcoming AMS trip myself with several hours in Schipol between flights.

Edited to add: Link to hotel info.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Pat+
Unfortunately there are no arrival facilities at AMS.

However there is a Mercure Hotel within the terminal that offers shower services (for a fee.) It is very conveniently located, up on the mezzanine in the main terminal.

What I do not know, is what "risk" you take by showering while your bags are unloaded. Because the showers are airside, your bags may be picked up before you are done showering, so you might have to go to the service desk to retrieve them. (This is different from many arrival lounges where you pick up your bags first.)
Actually, according to continental.com, there is a BusinessFirst shower facility at AMS: http://www.continental.com/web/en-us...px?MobileOff=1

It may be the Mercure, but the OP should contact the BusinessFirst concierge and have them arrange for arrival service in AMS.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 6:11 pm
ufo

A couple of years ago, it used to be an arrangement to use the showers at the health club at the Sheraton. This is a reasonable 5 min walk from baggage claim without needing to go outside.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 6:40 pm

Programs: UA 1k, LT Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, AA 1MM
Bob - You could also get a "room" at the Yotel which is located in the transit area. Here is a link:

http://www.yotel.com/Hotels/Amsterdam-Schiphol

CO uses the Yotel at LHR. I believe you can get an hourly rate for the rooms.
Old Dec 6, 2011, 1:51 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Nexus, GE
If you're flying out of AMS prepare yourself for a rather crappy contract loung (albeit with nice views) that is located well away from the departure gates.
Old Dec 6, 2011, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by astroflyer
If you're flying out of AMS prepare yourself for a rather crappy contract loung (albeit with nice views) that is located well away from the departure gates.
And that's a big pity for an airport that receives 4-5 COUA flights a day.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by fivesixseven
And that's a big pity for an airport that receives 4-5 COUA flights a day.
The 2nd daily AMS-EWR flight (during the summer) is gone. Another pity!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.