co plat redeposit issues

Old Oct 22, 2011, 1:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Prem, DL Plat, CO Plat, Torrid Diva,Rascal House (free cookies!), TWA Ambassador 183506503
co plat redeposit issues

Hi, I am missing 2 award redeposits from continental. I've emailed weDONTcare twice, with no response. WeDONTcare the phone line says they cant help me. Anyone know who else to call/email? thanks
Old Oct 22, 2011, 7:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
OPSC. Call the elite line on Monday morning and ask to be connected.
Old Oct 22, 2011, 8:26 pm

Programs: UA 1MM Premier Gold, DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriot Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by alison11
Hi, I am missing 2 award redeposits from continental. I've emailed weDONTcare twice, with no response. WeDONTcare the phone line says they cant help me. Anyone know who else to call/email? thanks
Try including one of those:
http://onyoursi.de/wiki/travel/airli...ntal-airlines/

it helped me a lot with all my inquiries that were slow to answer
Good Luck
Old Oct 22, 2011, 8:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Honest question for those with more experience: is it normal for CO miles and UG instruments not to be re-deposited automatically if they don't clear / if you cancel them?

I've had issues, I've seen others with issues too.

Would really suck if going forward you have to call every time to get something done that should happen automatically.

Thanks.
Old Oct 22, 2011, 9:19 pm

Programs: United 1K, Delta Gold, Cathay Pacific Diamond, SPG plat.
I'm actually very surprised if the miles automatically redeposit I'm sad to say. Normally it takes a few calls.
Old Oct 22, 2011, 10:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Honest question for those with more experience: is it normal for CO miles and UG instruments not to be re-deposited automatically if they don't clear / if you cancel them?

Would really suck if going forward you have to call every time to get something done that should happen automatically.

Thanks.
Almost always have redeposited automatically for me. I think I can remember a couple of times where they didn't, and it required a phone call. The redeposit usually takes 1-2 days.
Old Oct 23, 2011, 6:02 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
Originally Posted by UA-NYC

Thanks.
If you cancel over the phone, supposedly the phone agents can't automatically request a redeposit. I've had no problems doing it if I cancel online though.
Old Oct 23, 2011, 9:06 am

Location: Homosassa, FL & Ringwood, NJ -UA-G(Lifetime); SPG-Plat (Lifetime)
Originally Posted by njcommodore
If you cancel over the phone, supposedly the phone agents can't automatically request a redeposit. I've had no problems doing it if I cancel online though.
This is my experience also. Best to try on line first. I called first regarding an incorrect date on a reward trip. When there no seats on my needed date, I told the agent to cancel and refund the miles and fees. The fees hit my credit card the same day. Two weeks later I had to call the OPSC again to get the miles (200,000) refunded. It took them 10 minutes on the phone and a couple of phone calls, but the miles did go back in the account immediately.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.