Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Why are COEX and COCO segments posting so late???

Why are COEX and COCO segments posting so late???

Old Oct 20, 2011, 2:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alas, the Gravy Train Hath Ended...just happy to be an OW Sapphire and a ST Ivory...whatever
I couldn't stand the suspense......it's like watching cars rust......so I submitted a missing mileage report on Monday. Looks like the OPSC posted my one UAEX segment DEN-ELP along with the previously posted IAH-DEN segment......so that leaves three more segments that are now over three weeks overdue. Can someone explain again why CO can't post their own damn segments in a timely manner?????
Old Oct 20, 2011, 7:45 pm

Thumbs down

I posted about missing Colgan segment on the 14th, called OPSC for the third time and each time they say they are manually input it but it doesn't post!! wah, wah, I am sick of it and today the lady told me it gets manually put in and looks fine but when i call back they can see it didn't "stick", today she said she would put it in under a different date, we'll see but this is ridiculous
Old Oct 20, 2011, 8:50 pm

Programs: 1K MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, AA Exec. Plat
Agreed. This is a major time waste. I sent them three emails, none of which were responded to after two weeks, so I called the woman. She said partner flights (United Express) cannot post before 15 days after the flight has elapsed, but that on Monday morning (four days ago they would post). They didn't. Should I waste another twenty minutes?
Old Oct 23, 2011, 10:39 pm

Ok, so I waited three weeks and my Colgan segment hadn't posted.

Filled out the form on the website with the ticket number and got credited today, about 36 hours after I submitted the form.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 2:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alas, the Gravy Train Hath Ended...just happy to be an OW Sapphire and a ST Ivory...whatever
I have complained quite a bit on this subject, both here on FT and on MP, as well as in email communications to CO Customer Care.

So I just got my mail and opened a letter from CO with "Important Information Inside" listed on the envelope.

Turns out to be a letter from Martin Hand, VP of Customer Experience, apologizing for the complaint that I sent in last month about the slow posting of CO flight credits for EQM/EPQ's. ^ Wow...looks to be personal (and if it isn't, it is being received as such :- and said that the delays are caused by the merging of the two reservation systems but said that it was no excuse and that CO apologizes. Nice work. ^

To top it all off, he included an e-voucher for discount off my next flight! Holy Moly! I have never heard of CO passing out vouchers in this manner, but it is GREATLY appreciated!! I had a legitimate complaint but was certainly not expecting this...just expecting the standard form email response and possible action but no compensation.

Nice to see UACO being proactive with their customer complaints!!!! ^ :-: MUCH OBLIGED!
Old Oct 24, 2011, 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by theblakefish
I have complained quite a bit on this subject, both here on FT and on MP, as well as in email communications to CO Customer Care.

So I just got my mail and opened a letter from CO with "Important Information Inside" listed on the envelope.

Turns out to be a letter from Martin Hand, VP of Customer Experience, apologizing for the complaint that I sent in last month about the slow posting of CO flight credits for EQM/EPQ's. ^ Wow...looks to be personal (and if it isn't, it is being received as such :- and said that the delays are caused by the merging of the two reservation systems but said that it was no excuse and that CO apologizes. Nice work. ^

To top it all off, he included an e-voucher for discount off my next flight! Holy Moly! I have never heard of CO passing out vouchers in this manner, but it is GREATLY appreciated!! I had a legitimate complaint but was certainly not expecting this...just expecting the standard form email response and possible action but no compensation.

Nice to see UACO being proactive with their customer complaints!!!! ^ :-: MUCH OBLIGED!
Damnit! I should have complained to customer care

Congrats on the voucher haha
Old Nov 15, 2011, 2:36 pm

Programs: United Gold
71 days for miles to post

Originally Posted by love_to_travel
I'm still waiting for my miles from my ATL-EWR (CO2084F) flight to post. I wonder if being diverted to HPN (because the President was busy using all of EWR) has anything to do with it.

I wonder if I'll get the 746 miles (ATL-EWR) or 816 (ATL-HPN-EWR).
I finally got credited for this flight, it only took 71 days.
Old Nov 15, 2011, 4:01 pm

Seems to be posting faster. My CoEx flight posted in 2 days!!!
Old Nov 15, 2011, 6:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by edcho
Seems to be posting faster. My CoEx flight posted in 2 days!!!
Looks like UA/CO mainline flights are posting regularly, the COEX segments are posting faster than UAEX but not as fast as mainline, and absolutely nothing for CO CXN/Colgan. I had 2 more flights that were about 14 days old, and the OPSC - at first - did not have a record of these segments on my PNR. This was after a 35-minute wait on the phone....long? Yes, but there was absolutely no other way to get the credits.

Looks like the is still there....
Old Nov 15, 2011, 7:28 pm

Looks like UA/CO mainline flights are posting regularly, the COEX segments are posting faster than UAEX but not as fast as mainline, and absolutely nothing for CO CXN/Colgan. I had 2 more flights that were about 14 days old, and the OPSC - at first - did not have a record of these segments on my PNR. This was after a 35-minute wait on the phone....long? Yes, but there was absolutely no other way to get the credits.

Looks like the is still there....
I should've clarified. My CoEx flight from 3 days ago posted in 2 days (today). My CoEx flights from last MONTH finally got posted a few days ago. For me, it seems to be faster. I have a bunch more CoEx flights and UaEx flights this week and next week, so i'll shall see if this trend continues.
Old Nov 15, 2011, 9:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by edcho
I should've clarified. My CoEx flight from 3 days ago posted in 2 days (today). My CoEx flights from last MONTH finally got posted a few days ago. For me, it seems to be faster. I have a bunch more CoEx flights and UaEx flights this week and next week, so i'll shall see if this trend continues.
I think I will just credit my future CO flights to my MileagePlus 1K account so that I can hopefully bypass this absurd process....
Old Feb 20, 2012, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Plat, lots of AA, AS, DL, UA miles, former top level CO Elite (sigh...)
The miles earned from Colgan flights are still taking a long time to post, if ever, which means one should seriously think about requesting them before too much time goes by......

Still waiting for my LFT-IAH r/t Colgan flights to post even though my connecting flights through IAH have already posted. I'll enter the ticket numbers on-line at CO.com this evening when I get home and then see how long that takes....
Old Feb 25, 2012, 10:44 am
Original Poster

My last segments posted within 12 hours of my submitting a missing mileage request, about 7 days after the flights. At least that is working now withut delay...or at least did in that instance...
Old Feb 25, 2012, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Plat, lots of AA, AS, DL, UA miles, former top level CO Elite (sigh...)
My last segments posted within 12 hours of my submitting a missing mileage request, about 7 days after the flights. At least that is working now withut delay...or at least did in that instance...
My Colgan Q400 segment DFW-IAH flight (and this use to be a mainline flight with a 737 but that's another story) posted very quickly.

However, I had to submit a missing mileage request for my roundtrip LFT-IAH flights (operated with the dreaded Colgan Saab 340). Fortunately, these flights then posted in less than 24 hours.

More often than not, there frequently seems to be a problem with regard to the Colgan segments posting in a reasonable amount of time.....My fiancee as well as several friends have also experienced this with Colgan-operated flights (but not with ExpressJet flights).

And next time I travel to the Big D, it will be on board an AA Eagle RJ and the heck with the UACO miles.....I'm tired of Colgan's problems, not to mention flying on an aging Saab 340 with the great likelihood of a late departure and arrival.
Old Feb 25, 2012, 3:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat
My CoEX flights will post quickly. OTOH, Colgan flights don't. I waited weeks for them to post. I finally gave up and requested a mileage credit and they posted immediately (within 12 hours). I called customer service to mention this and they went ahead and posted a flight that I just flew on Colgan so I wouldn't have to deal with this issue in the near future again.

I haven't flown Colgan since that point. I'll admit I'm a little leery of flying them again for that reason. I'd rather cram in an Expressjet instead right now.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.